Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:41:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using wallet with multiple computers...  (Read 673 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:02:27 PM

Would I be able to put the wallet on a network share then access it with multiple computers? If possible, would it cause the wallet to get corrupt?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spoc

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 01:40:55 PM

I'm interested in a very similar way.

Is it posible to use the hot-amory with two cold-amorys?

I though about this:

-One Hot-Amory on my Server without Keys (so no problem if it got hacked or other bad things)
-One "Cold"-Backup on my Laptop. This Wallet not really cold yust on my laptop "aka" semi-cold for small amounts
-One Cold-Backup on a secure Machine without Internet for bigger amounts...

Can Amory handle this? Or do I need 2 Hot-Amorys for 2 Cold-Amorys?

picobit

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

Decor in numeris

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:45:43 PM

I have a similar setup.  One Armory with two watch-only wallets on my laptop.  One of the full wallets is in a virtual Linux machine on the same laptop, that virtual machine has no internet access so it would be very difficult for malware to grab the wallet file and key-log the password.  The other full wallet is on a raspberry pi with no internet connection at all, so that is even more secure (and for slightly larger amounts, although I cannot really use the words "large amounts" in connection with my wallets).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: