Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks/Filter wallets?  (Read 595 times)
w1R903 (OP)

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:19:01 PM

I'm really enjoying using Armory and have expressed my appreciation in a small donation (which I intend to repeat whenever I can).  Thank you for all the work you've put into Armory. 

I only find myself missing 2 features:

1.  The main thing I'm missing is the ability to filter the wallet view.  Say I'm holding a wallet for someone else and I don't want to see it.  It's possible to save it offline and mark it as someone else's watching only wallet, which removes it from the total balance, but I still can't filter the view so that this wallet does not appear.  Is this a feature you plan to implement?  If so, if you'd tell me your planned approach, I'd be happy to give it and try and submit a pull request for you to review.  If you're not interested in it, I'll probably keep a private fork with this feature since it's so important to me.

2.  I'm surprised you don't generate a qrcode for offline transactions (for both the online transaction data  and offline signed tx).  Some of us have qr code scanners which would make the whole offline signing process a lot quicker.  Any plans to implement this?

Thanks again for all your work on this -- I'm very impressed.  I've been a happy user of the Satoshi client for ~2 years but am switching to Armory for the offline transactions and other features.  I'm recommending the same to my friends and family.  Well done!

4096R/F5EA0017

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:45:42 PM

I'm really enjoying using Armory and have expressed my appreciation in a small donation (which I intend to repeat whenever I can).  Thank you for all the work you've put into Armory. 

I only find myself missing 2 features:

1.  The main thing I'm missing is the ability to filter the wallet view.  Say I'm holding a wallet for someone else and I don't want to see it.  It's possible to save it offline and mark it as someone else's watching only wallet, which removes it from the total balance, but I still can't filter the view so that this wallet does not appear.  Is this a feature you plan to implement?  If so, if you'd tell me your planned approach, I'd be happy to give it and try and submit a pull request for you to review.  If you're not interested in it, I'll probably keep a private fork with this feature since it's so important to me.

2.  I'm surprised you don't generate a qrcode for offline transactions (for both the online transaction data  and offline signed tx).  Some of us have qr code scanners which would make the whole offline signing process a lot quicker.  Any plans to implement this?

Thanks again for all your work on this -- I'm very impressed.  I've been a happy user of the Satoshi client for ~2 years but am switching to Armory for the offline transactions and other features.  I'm recommending the same to my friends and family.  Well done!

Thanks w1R903!

I will eventually get to making the wallet view more... flexible.  Along with sorting.  I just haven't gotten there yet.  What I will do is have the filter at the bottom, pop up a checklist of your wallets, and you can choose which ones you want to see at any given time.  Of course, with the preset defaults I've got, already.

The problem with QR codes is that there are so many transactions that won't fit into 1 QR code.  Or even 10 QR codes!   Yes, it works for *some* transactions, but certain usage patterns it will not work at all.  Ever!  It's something I've had to battle with every time I look at this problem:  90% will be under 5kB.... but some people will consistently produce multi-megabyte transaction "packets" to be moved back and forth.  I really want to save my effort for a solution that will work 100% of the time!

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: