Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin7.com - Brand new exchange market!  (Read 28829 times)
Bitcoin7.com

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 05:19:00 AM

@ Sukrim: we don't store in floats. We keep the accuracy up to floats, but store numbers in a more "integer" way. I can't share more on the technical side of this matter

@ Bruce & other: we asked few of the people who we knew on this community if they can help us with finding good, reliable members on the forum who can test our service and post on the forum for it. We also wanted to add bonus BTC for such start-up promotion. I don't see this as a bribery in any possible way. If someone got paid from us (not third party referral) please confirm here...

@ Nescio: I have to agree with some of your accusation. It is true that we were not good prepared for the launch. We didn't expect such boom, we wanted a small start with a small group of reliable members, so we can acquire feedback. However the negative boom on the forum yesterday made this impossible and we had to work 24/7 to provide the server we wanted to provide on the long run. On the legal side, I can assure you that according to the jurisdiction we are subject of we are completely legal and we can operate while being candidate for audit. I hope very soon we will be able to update the site with the needed information from a third party as an auditor, until then I can't post anything about this on the forum. (of course risking the scamming accusations to continue).

@ AML accusations: Have you tried contacting MTGOX about their AML policy? Most of the trustworthy to us bitcoin users showed us their experience - how mtgox raises the withdrawal limits immediately without waiting for ID or the hardcopy of any identification to arrive. Nothing bad about MTGOX, we respect their contribution and their leadership on the market. I just want to say that at the moment even the leader is struggling with the problem, how exactly to establish and follow proper aml/verification in order to preserve this business.

@ Klamothonsite: Thank you for trusting us Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bittersweet

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 05:35:19 AM

We keep the accuracy up to floats, but store numbers in a more "integer" way. I can't share more on the technical side of this matter

You should, because "we store numbers in a more integer way" is hardly reassuring.

we asked few of the people who we knew on this community if they can help us with finding good, reliable members on the forum who can test our service and post on the forum for it. We also wanted to add bonus BTC for such start-up promotion. I don't see this as a bribery in any possible way. If someone got paid from us (not third party referral) please confirm here...

Why don't you just post the messages you sent them, let other people to judge if your proposition was appropriate.
Right now we only know Bruce Wagner's and Jeff Garzick's version ("speak about us good and we give you money").

My Bitcoin address: 1DjTsAYP3xR4ymcTUKNuFa5aHt42q2VgSg
Bitcoin7.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 06:14:13 AM

bittersweet, digging further on this will help neither the users nor Bitcoin7.
We are thinking of what we can put on the site in order to confirm what we have been writing over the forum the last day.

We will be very happy if we switch the direction of the topic towards:

* feedback from actual users, who used the service - negative or positive
  - negative: we will see what we can do to improve
  - positive: we hope this will start clearing bc7's name

* impressions and suggestions - of everyone, even if you haven't used the service
  - User Interface: what can we do better in order to ensure easy, safe, fast nagivation through sites
  - Language: phrases we can improve (besides English, which is being totally redone at the moment, because of TH)
  - Features - some features which you find useful. They maybe from other sites or they may be something completely new

* feedback about other services like mtgox or th
  - What are they doing better than us
  - What do they have as site content which we still don't offer and why is this valuable to you

Appealing to all future writers in this topic: Let's try and really write about these things. You will see that you will gain much more if you let us know what exactly can we improve or what exactly did we do wrong servicing you (again so we can improve). This is something which can bring result to everyone + the BTC development as a whole.

We will try to respond to each suggestion/complaint - as long as it's from a real user and not someone who just wishes to blame us without trying us.
Bitcoin7.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 08:24:16 AM

Also for personal questions and anonymity we suggest you better address our support team at: info@bitcoin7.com
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 09:07:05 AM

I don't see why you all are so scandalized with the idea of paying people for advertising the site... that doesn't imply they are scammers. I wouldn't call it bribery either. It is just one among many techniques of advertising, like when companies pay celebrities to "speak good" about their products on TV.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 09:52:44 AM

Alot of cyber crime in Europe comes from Bulgaria and Rumania. Its a known fact. I would be very causious with this new exchange!
Hallo evryone, I R from Romania, do not trust me lulz!!!!121 No butt I am serial!!!!?

I'll personally wait for them to publish their transaction history, real market depth chart and other stats like total trade volumes, that we can verify. Their web design, lower fees and transaction options are very appealing.
Bitcoin7.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 11:21:01 AM

Hello, you can see them already: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Bitcoincharts published Bitcoin7 yesterday. Index is b7USD
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 12:54:52 PM

Hello, you can see them already: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/
Bitcoincharts published Bitcoin7 yesterday. Index is b7USD
Neat, looks cool, except for that drop there

I'm worried that nobody trades EUR nowhere, even the europeans, what is up with that?
jakemates

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

firstbits.com/1c3qpa

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 01:47:50 PM

You guys should take a look at this topic. Bitcoin7 has some huge gaping security flaws.
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 02:32:29 PM

AML is being integrated at the moment. To fully release it however we need to get certified, also processed at the moment.
Don't think we don't support that, the moment we have the moment we will integrate it. This was meant to be a test run anyway.

If you really are who you are saying (company experienced with online currency), you should be aware of the rules (law) and business practices (common sense), such as not going live before you have this very necessary stuff in place. You can't claim a Google and slap a beta sticker on it. You are live, with real money. Does it even say anywhere you are 'trialing'? Have you told anyone? If you are truly serious about this you immediately stop trading until you have the proper licensing and notify all customers of this, with the option to withdraw all funds at no cost. Yeah, that sucks if you're legit. But that's the only way you will recover any kind of trust.

source

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/06/15/financial-bitcoin-idINN1510930920110615

Amir Taaki, the founder of the Britcoin exchange based in London said he has already approached British regulators in an effort to obtain "legalized, regulated status."
"We want to make Bitcoin legal, not have it outlawed," he said. He said Britcoin also would be willing to help root out criminal activity, and was keeping account records.

in Britcoin we trust...

and for the record I don't trust someone called Amir, as you don't trust a Bulgarian.

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 02:41:17 PM

I'm worried that nobody trades EUR nowhere, even the europeans, what is up with that?
I'm still waiting for EUR trading on MtGox or TradeHill... The ONLY fully escrowed exchange (meaning you can send them money and bitcoins and they send out money and bitcoins) where it's possible to deposit EUR is bitcoin7 atm.
The others (tradehill + mtgox) convert to USD.

If you go otc or "half-otc" (like bitmarket.eu), you can trade EUR as well.

There's also a german exchange currently in tryout beta but not with live money yet - if that takes off, I'm also very much in favor of trading EUR than USD (which are somehow expected to crash...).

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
JellyfishRancher

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 03:46:00 PM

Until Bitcoin7 switches from floats to integers (or at least acknowledges that this is a problem!), I would not go anywhere near them, despite what I said before.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:44:46 PM

I don't see why you all are so scandalized with the idea of paying people for advertising the site... that doesn't imply they are scammers. I wouldn't call it bribery either. It is just one among many techniques of advertising, like when companies pay celebrities to "speak good" about their products on TV.

I guess we should start boycotting the products that athletes promote. Oh and we should all start boycotting the products that stores offer through coupons in the newspaper. $0.20 off is bribery isn't it? Buy one get one free? For shame, for shame.

We should also not use an ISP if they offer you the first month for free.

Cash back on a car purshase? Bad taste, no?

Come on people.
cuddlefish

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 06:57:31 PM

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=17004.msg226321#msg226321

Can you say CSRF?
Bitcoin7.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 08:03:28 PM

You guys should take a look at this topic. Bitcoin7 has some huge gaping security flaws.

This is really getting ridiculous. Can someone show a real result from any successful "exploit" ?

I am not saying we are 100% bulletproof, we are constantly monitoring for flaws. But the small security gaps were closed a minute after the post and there are no "exploits" (at least known).
cuddlefish

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:07:03 PM

This is really getting ridiculous. Can someone show a real result from any successful "exploit" ?

I am not saying we are 100% bulletproof, we are constantly monitoring for flaws. But the small security gaps were closed a minute after the post and there are no "exploits" (at least known).

Small security gaps like instantly withdrawing to arbitrary addresses.

Did you fix the trade issue?

*checks*

nope.

Bitcoin7.com

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 08:22:52 PM

cuddlefish can you show a result of the gap you found? I didn't see you withdraw to an arbitrary address.
jerfelix

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:57:37 PM

Just for the record...

I was offered money to post good things about this exchange site.

Bruce,

Weren't you offered money to push TradeHill too?  Seems they are a sponsor of your podcast, and you actually pushed them on a thread with your referral code.  So much that people in the original thread thought that YOU were the creator of TradeHill (and I have heard and read that confusion from MULTIPLE people on here).

(see https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=13650.0;all especially messages 15, 19, 22, 33, and your ultra-hype intro message!)

I'm not saying you did anything wrong.  People can draw their own conclusions.  I just think transparency is a good thing. 

Bitcoin7 offered you money.  TradeHill offered you something, no?  Sponsorship?  A cut of everyone's trades who uses your referral code?  Money?
finnthecelt

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 09:07:46 PM

Just for the record...

I was offered money to post good things about this exchange site.

Bruce,

Weren't you offered money to push TradeHill too?  Seems they are a sponsor of your podcast, and you actually pushed them on a thread with your referral code.  So much that people in the original thread thought that YOU were the creator of TradeHill (and I have heard and read that confusion from MULTIPLE people on here).

(see https://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=13650.0;all especially messages 15, 19, 22, 33, and your ultra-hype intro message!)

I'm not saying you did anything wrong.  People can draw their own conclusions.  I just think transparency is a good thing.  

Bitcoin7 offered you money.  TradeHill offered you something, no?  Sponsorship?  A cut of everyone's trades who uses your referral code?  Money?

I think this whole, "I was offered money" is being taken out of context. I was also contacted by B7 and was "informed" that their service provides a referral bonus.

On behalf of Bitcoin7.com I would like to ask you if you would be
interested to review our new BTC exchange, maybe tell us some
feedback.
Would it be possible to recommend us to your friends? (we have 20%
referral program)

Condemn them for that I guess....

I've been doing my own research on them and yes we all have security concerns but please be professional before letting emotion overtake you and lead you to false accusation. And for the love of god please respect other people's cultures as presently the US has over 800 military bases throughout the world conducting how many wars(?) pushing the US dollar down people's throats with the barrel of a gun!!!
jerfelix

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 09:29:22 PM

Condemn them for that I guess....

Perhaps I wasn't very clear.  I was trying to point out that if Bruce's was trying to say that Bitcoin7 did something wrong, he didn't have a strong case, after all his hyping (and payoff?!) from TradeHill.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the promotions in either case.  There are clearly issues with Bitcoin7 (technical, and their responses in forums), but unethical promotion isn't one that I would hold against them based on Bruce's word, particularly after his TradeHill introduction and misleading people (intentionally or unintentionally) that he was the site's creator.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: