Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:18:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin7.com - Brand new exchange market!  (Read 28835 times)
finnthecelt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 10:23:57 PM

Condemn them for that I guess....

Perhaps I wasn't very clear.  I was trying to point out that if Bruce's was trying to say that Bitcoin7 did something wrong, he didn't have a strong case, after all his hyping (and payoff?!) from TradeHill.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the promotions in either case.  There are clearly issues with Bitcoin7 (technical, and their responses in forums), but unethical promotion isn't one that I would hold against them based on Bruce's word, particularly after his TradeHill introduction and misleading people (intentionally or unintentionally) that he was the site's creator.

My apologies jerfelix, I wasn't directing that towards you......it was generally speaking.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nescio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:15:58 AM

in Britcoin we trust...

I originally read that as proactively seeking regulation from the government (like I'm thinking about going to the local tax office to get their stance on Bitcoin before I jump into it), but you are right it could be read that they don't have the necessary paperwork yet either. I guess the main difference is that they didn't rip off Tradehill, or tried to grease luminaries.

Quote from: jkminkov
and for the record I don't trust someone called Amir, as you don't trust a Bulgarian.

If that's aimed at me, maybe that was lost in the sarcasm (because bitcoin7 was pulling the same slur) but I specifically said I don't trust the person/organization, not the country. But you're right, Amirs can't be trusted Grin

Quote from: finnthecelt
I guess we should start boycotting the products that athletes promote. ...

Apples and Oranges. A better analogy would be pharmaceutical companies greasing doctors to recommend their brands instead of (cheaper) generic drugs. Bribing someone famous is not quite the same as bribing someone in authority, or bribing the news anchor. Someone you don't just want to, but *have* to trust, or expect to be impartial, or at least upfront about it.

Quote from: jerfelix
Bruce,

Weren't you offered money to push TradeHill too?  Seems they are a sponsor of your podcast, and you actually pushed them on a thread with your referral code.  So much that people in the original thread thought that YOU were the creator of TradeHill (and I have heard and read that confusion from MULTIPLE people on here).

Didn't sound like he was offered a sponsor deal, although Bruce obviously isn't impartial here. Still, he was upfront about the Tradehill sponsoring on the show, nothing wrong with that. The confusion about him being the proprietor was started by someone possibly referring to Jered as 'very trusted member of the community', and someone else combined the OP with that. Bruce did set the record straight fairly quickly (it's hard to follow everything here as it is, I'm sure he's busy enough already).

Quote from: finnthecelt
I think this whole, "I was offered money" is being taken out of context. I was also contacted by B7 and was "informed" that their service provides a referral bonus.

That sounds quite benign (basically same deal as Tradehill for the referrals) but doesn't mention money, it should be interesting whether Bruce (and Jeff Garzik) got the same message.
jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:44:54 AM

I was not offered a referral bonus.

I was offered money, specifically, to say that bitcoin7 was better than mtgox. 

The text of the email has already been posted.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
Nescio

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 07:53:37 AM

Ah, somehow missed that one (post#27 in this very thread).

I would guess Bruce got a similar offer then. Bad show bitcoin7.
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 11:21:53 AM

They have never heard of AML, and are run by unknowns from Bulgaria.

do you know that anyone dealing with Liberty Reserve is failing AML guidelines even he claims otherwise?

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
sonba

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 09:12:54 PM

Funny story? Bitcoin 7 cancelled some of my trades. This exchange is supposed to be an instant trade market like MtGox or Britcoin. So, one advantage is that you cannot reverse a trade. But that's exactly what they did. Somebody bought from me well above market, trade got through and got revorded (you can still see it in Bitcoinchart history for instance) they credited me with the money and took my BTC. I lock in today again - I got my BTC back but the money got refunded. WTF?Huh
I'm writing them a mail - but for the time being I can only say - stay away from Bitcoin7!
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 03:46:11 AM

Funny story? Bitcoin 7 cancelled some of my trades. This exchange is supposed to be an instant trade market like MtGox or Britcoin. So, one advantage is that you cannot reverse a trade. But that's exactly what they did. Somebody bought from me well above market, trade got through and got revorded (you can still see it in Bitcoinchart history for instance) they credited me with the money and took my BTC. I lock in today again - I got my BTC back but the money got refunded. WTF?Huh
I'm writing them a mail - but for the time being I can only say - stay away from Bitcoin7!

I don't understand. You sold BTC and received money but they took the BTC? What about the counterparty? What did they receive?
sonba

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 08:24:00 AM

Sorry, poorly explained. I started with 4 BTC and 0 money. I sold the 4 BTC for lets say 10money. New balance: 0 BTC, 40 money. Next day I check it and balance is suddenly again 4 BTC and 0 money.
No clue about the counterparty as it is an anonymous exchange (like MtGox). All I can say is that they reversed a reasonable trade without notifying me, which is a serious issue for me. How can I trust in dealing with them if they reverse deals from me? That's ridiculous. Never seen anything like this happen at a serious exchange (NYSE, Scoach, MtGox...). Makes me stop trusting those guys.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 06:00:27 PM

Sorry, poorly explained. I started with 4 BTC and 0 money. I sold the 4 BTC for lets say 10money. New balance: 0 BTC, 40 money. Next day I check it and balance is suddenly again 4 BTC and 0 money.
No clue about the counterparty as it is an anonymous exchange (like MtGox). All I can say is that they reversed a reasonable trade without notifying me, which is a serious issue for me. How can I trust in dealing with them if they reverse deals from me? That's ridiculous. Never seen anything like this happen at a serious exchange (NYSE, Scoach, MtGox...). Makes me stop trusting those guys.

Is this transaction in your account history? Can you post that image?
sonba

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 10:05:59 PM

It was in my account history, now it's gone. I only copied numbers for internal bookkeeping, didn't make a screenshot Sad I screenshotted Bitcoincharts today, though, who recorded that trade. Will keep you updated on how it is being resolved.
saqwe

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 11:53:22 PM

actually i found them very pleasant to deal with

especially for euro-users
Nescio

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 01:36:48 AM

More sock puppets?

According to the charts b7 hasn't done more than 1 BTC every day since they went live. Or their API for this is broken too Smiley

They already had CSS history, CSRF, I wonder when they'll be SQL injected too.
bradminer

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 08:41:28 AM

12/22 euro each EUR withdraw to SEPA account.... to much for me I prefer 2% of MtGox also taking USD/EUR change risk..
jkminkov

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 12:46:21 PM

for transfers bigger than 1100 euro, that 22 euro tax goes cheaper than 2% flat fee

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:07:00 PM

A data point.

I've used them yesterday:
    - send 100 euros with SEPA wire. Money showed up in account within a day.
    - traded euros against BTC
    - send the BTC to my wallet

On the plus side:
    - Everything worked fine.
    - The site is fairly respoonsive and easy to use
    - They (for now) seem to be honest
    - You can wire trade EUR for BTC directly, a giant plus compared
       to both TradeHill and MtGox

On the minus side:
    - They seem to have ripped the HTML from TradeHill. Probably not an illegal
       move, but something that doesn't speak well for their business ethics
    - The trading volume is very small, and a medium-sized trade will move
       the market a lot.
    - They're based in Bulgaria, a place particularly reknowned for shady internet
       business practices.
    - They tried to bribe old standing member of the bitcoin community to promote
      their site. Probably something that's considered a normal/acceptable business
      practice in the backwater hellhole they operate from. It might take them some
      time adjusting to international market expectations.

One thing I haven't tried yet is take EUROS out of there with a SEPA wire
from their account to mine.

My recommendation: they seem legit, but I wouldn't trust them with more than
~100 euros worth of my money at a time:
      1. Send value (either EUR or BTC)
      2. Trade
      3. Take value out immediately

Most all that has been covered. Glad it went well for you.

You know I would have no problem trusting them with 100 of your euro anytime!!!    Tongue
bradminer

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:18:28 PM

for transfers bigger than 1100 euro, that 22 euro tax goes cheaper than 2% flat fee
of course I ususly change 2/3 BTC: sell and move to my bank account.

I don't want to take the risk to leave money on any BTC market. IMHO Wink
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2011, 04:43:04 PM

So I noticed it said Dwolla / LR withdrawals are halted - any word on the issue or when they will resume?
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:04:33 PM

So I noticed it said Dwolla / LR withdrawals are halted - any word on the issue or when they will resume?

Unknown. It's in Dwolla's hands.
saqwe

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 06:15:05 PM

i can't recommend wiring via sepa from sofia
12 euros fee on my 19 euro withdraw..
jkminkov

View Profile
June 24, 2011, 09:28:28 PM

I finally found why those transfers were 15 days delayed, it's because of your spam withdrawals...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: