Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:28:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which web hosting do you use to host your faucet?  (Read 1326 times)
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 02:07:19 PM

You can't be serious when you are talking about a free hosting and a free domain if you want to make a successful project.
I think you can pay 5-6$ per month for a VPS.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2017, 06:23:12 PM

I agree with comments above that free hosting and free domains is bad for faucets and it shows that faucet owner don't have funds to start serious faucet. Such faucets doesn't looks professional, mostly ad networks don't accept these faucets.
Better to spend few dollars on month for hosting and domain, by using such services like Namecheap.

rvbtccom

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 06:54:57 PM

i think that the best host is Interserver.net
you can try for the first month for just 1 cent and 5$ after that
the host have a good service with best support live chat
BitCoinDream (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 12:04:18 PM

You can't be serious when you are talking about a free hosting and a free domain if you want to make a successful project.
I think you can pay 5-6$ per month for a VPS.

We are talking about faucet here, which is NOT much of a profitable business.

CoinLearn

Activity: 329
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 05:11:43 PM

I agree with comments above that free hosting and free domains is bad for faucets and it shows that faucet owner don't have funds to start serious faucet. Such faucets doesn't looks professional, mostly ad networks don't accept these faucets.
Better to spend few dollars on month for hosting and domain, by using such services like Namecheap.

I have used BestHostFree.com free hosting before. Sites hosted over there, look pretty professional, as they offer all premium services. But, yes, domain needs to be bought. Nothing is comparable to a .com/.org/.net, which u cant get for free.
bitcoinniels

Activity: 354
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 07:58:17 PM

Frantech(BuyVM) , dont recommend it. It's very slow, gonna change soon to namecheap.
If you are a started Frantech is good cause its very cheap, but since my site is under 1 million alexa ranking its been very slow.
Before that it was fine.

Namecheap is the best tho, it has unlimited bandwith something you need for a faucet.

CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2017, 12:24:26 AM

I would never use free hosting and I don't recommend you do either. Reliability is important, and if you expect tons of traffic you don't want to use free hosting.

I use a cheap hostgator plan for 3 of my faucets, and about 10 other websites on the same plan.

You can also get CHEAP godaddy hosting for $12/year. Send me a PM if you want me to show you how.

Then I use WPEngine for my main site and all faucets attached to that, but that runs $29.99/month

AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 07:53:50 PM

i think that the best host is Interserver.net
you can try for the first month for just 1 cent and 5$ after that
the host have a good service with best support live chat

Namecheap hosting is 9.95$ for a year.
You get unlimited subdomains, over 100gb of storage, 4gb of RAM, a very decent CPU.

If i was OP, i would go with namecheap, both the hosting and domains. I have never had any issue with them, 0 downtime, and their support is extremely good.

bluelithium

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 08:13:20 PM

I would never use free hosting and I don't recommend you do either. Reliability is important, and if you expect tons of traffic you don't want to use free hosting.

I use a cheap hostgator plan for 3 of my faucets, and about 10 other websites on the same plan.

You can also get CHEAP godaddy hosting for $12/year. Send me a PM if you want me to show you how.

Then I use WPEngine for my main site and all faucets attached to that, but that runs $29.99/month

Feel free to try BestHostFree.com Free Hosting - http://besthostfree.com/free-web-hosting.html

If u grow and need more resource, u may seamlessly upgrade with bitcoin.

You might check feedback of other forum users on our thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=617213.0. Wishing to see your feedback as well.

DutchDemon

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:42:18 PM

I think web hosting, that accept bitcoin, are good as bitcoin faucet.
Kema

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:29:35 AM

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with free hosting. A faucet script can be run on any barebone system really, it should be light weight.
However, there’s no such thing as a free lunch and something has to give.
A paid plan will usually be better in every way. I personally run my faucets on InMotion hosting.
I don’t know if they are the best, I’m sure they aren’t the cheapest...
But!!!
They do have good speed, good uptime, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, unlimited size on db, free ssl included, very competitive pricing and great customer support. So, for overall package, I find them hard to beat. Others might be better in certain areas but usually the others fall short in one way or another instead.
Send me a pm if you’re interested, I’ll get you a ref link.

P.S. Any downtime for my faucets have usually been due to third party fail and outside my control. So, rarely if ever has it been the hosting.

Edit. I dunno about Bitcoin? Only paid for my plan once and after that things have been humming along nicely.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
bluelithium

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 05:11:55 PM

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with free hosting. A faucet script can be run on any barebone system really, it should be light weight.
However, there’s no such thing as a free lunch and something has to give.
A paid plan will usually be better in every way. I personally run my faucets on InMotion hosting.
I don’t know if they are the best, I’m sure they aren’t the cheapest...
But!!!
They do have good speed, good uptime, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, unlimited size on db, free ssl included, very competitive pricing and great customer support. So, for overall package, I find them hard to beat. Others might be better in certain areas but usually the others fall short in one way or another instead.
Send me a pm if you’re interested, I’ll get you a ref link.

P.S. Any downtime for my faucets have usually been due to third party fail and outside my control. So, rarely if ever has it been the hosting.

Edit. I dunno about Bitcoin? Only paid for my plan once and after that things have been humming along nicely.

Feel free to try BestHostFree.com Free Hosting - https://besthostfree.com/free-web-hosting.html

If u grow and need more resource, u may seamlessly upgrade with bitcoin.

You might check feedback of other forum users on our thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=617213.0. Wishing to see your feedback as well.

hoticotk

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:39:11 PM

I recommend stablehost
Coinogle

Activity: 211

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 08:31:44 PM

Recommend Vimza running my domain with shared hosting for $12 a year Smiley

96% uptime  Cheesy fast response Cheesy

Blockoney is your resource for Finance, Technology, and Latest Bitcoin Guides.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: