Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: As a miner, why do you mine rather than buy and hold?  (Read 2335 times)
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 03:50:34 AM

With mining I can produce a bitcoin without having affected the current high prices, the price of the bitcoin has reached $800, if it is too expensive for me to buy. I would like to hold bitcoin, but to pay maintenance cost I must sale my bitcoin.
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 07:03:10 AM

In my opinion its a good idea to mine at least a portion of your coins instead of buying them from miners. If you compete for the coins with them you help to drive up the cost of a coin which does increase the price no matter what anybody tells you otherwise.
lOvE mE forEvEr

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:54:59 AM

I am currently doing both, when the prices are very high, certainly bitcoin I will sell to the maintenance costs of mining. But when the price is low, I think I will buy. Bitcoin price will reach $1.000, I should be able to hold for quite a long time, for the cost of maintenance I got from a loan to a friend.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:45:45 PM

For heating. I have 2 x S9's heating my basement and 1 x S9 heating my attic. The circulating air keeps moisture away too.  Grin
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:25:22 PM

I constantly get told that it makes more sense to buy and hold than mine yourself - wondering what is your experience as miners.

I mined/mine.. it would of been better to buy and hold on the first batch I bought the second I would of done well.

One needs cheap power and a tech know how.

I keep mining because I am using low power draw ASICs and I like to say I am mining hehe.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:00:36 AM

the simple difference is that if you buy you will not have more bitcoin, but only more fiat in the case bitcoin go big

if you mine you will have more bitcoin, if you sell your equipments back at certain point

i would buy if the roi is very very long, otherwise it's better to mine, both have their risk
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 02:58:05 PM

the simple difference is that if you buy you will not have more bitcoin, but only more fiat in the case bitcoin go big

if you mine you will have more bitcoin, if you sell your equipments back at certain point

i would buy if the roi is very very long, otherwise it's better to mine, both have their risk

I think it will vary on the situation if the value of bitcoin are going low it is good to buy then wait for it to go sky rocket high so you can exchange it to fiat to claim bigger amount, but you can profit in mining if The biggest factors determining profitability are equipment costs, the price paid for electricity and the value of the bitcoin you mine. it is certain that it is good to mine because the price is high but it electric and equipment cost will still vary depending if you would ROI from it!
Gasotard

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 05:25:11 PM

Mining is more risky.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: