Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:12:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Cannot find bitcoin installation" no matter what I do. (about to starve here)  (Read 484 times)
TheNerd (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 01:48:53 PM

Ubuntu here
It used to work just fine, but when stared once it started giving "Cannot find bitcoin installation"

I have the custom line in armory.desktop
"Exec=/usr/bin/armory --satoshi-datadir=/media/user/data/Misc/.bitcoin --datadir=/media/user/data/Misc/.armory %u"

I tried also setting them in the "Change settigns" button
Bitcoin install dir: /media/user/data/Misc/.armory/latestBitcoinInst/bitcoin-0.11.1
Bitcoin home dir: /media/user/data/Misc/.bitcoin

Still the same  "Cannot find bitcoin installation"

I of course updated armory to the latest 0.95.1 and bitcoin to bitcoin-0.11.1, ddn't help either.

Please help since I'm really low on cash and need to get access to my bitcoins to buy some food Smiley

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:55:37 PM

In Files -> Settings, either force the path to the binary, or turn off auto bitcoind entirely and run BitcoinQt manually.

TheNerd (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 01:56:18 PM

ok minutes after posting this I think I fixed it

i just changed bitcoin install dir to: /media/user/data/Misc/.armory/latestBitcoinInst/bitcoin-0.11.1/bin

and it seems to be syncing now, i might be able to buy some food Smiley

TheNerd (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 02:00:08 PM

In Files -> Settings, either force the path to the binary, or turn off auto bitcoind entirely and run BitcoinQt manually.

wow that was fast, at the same time i was writing the post above Smiley
thanks for saving the day for a starving soul, you rock!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: