Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:43:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Bitcoin debt collector (UK)  (Read 316 times)
MrAtom (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:18:26 PM

I want to collect a debt of about 210 BTC on a series of loans that were defaulted in 2013 by a user of this forum. The whole debt was then purchased by another user and I am now acting on his behalf as he no longer has the time or will to pursue it.

Please note that the value of BTC in year 2013 was considerably lower than today so he originally incured a debt much lower in fiat terms. Please take also into consideration:

- I am NOT going to make any down payment, especially as we don't know each other and AFAIK nobody offers this kind of service officially
- I DO NOT want a "bully" or anyone doing illegal things
- I am willing to share the proceeds of the debt recovered
- I know the identity of the debtor and have proof of the debt

For more information, PM me
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 1208

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2016, 04:39:52 PM

I want to collect a debt of about 210 BTC on a series of loans that were defaulted in 2013 by a user of this forum. The whole debt was then purchased by another user and I am now acting on his behalf as he no longer has the time or will to pursue it.

Please note that the value of BTC in year 2013 was considerably lower than today so he originally incured a debt much lower in fiat terms. Please take also into consideration:

- I am NOT going to make any down payment, especially as we don't know each other and AFAIK nobody offers this kind of service officially

Wow that's a huge amount of Bitcoin is the user is still active in this forum,we all know that accounts here can be sold or bought if you know the identity offline then why not hire a lawyer to pursue this debt.

You also need an escrow for this which you forgot to mention

I have never seen an offer like this in this forum before and I have doubt if this can be done,anyway good luck.

MrAtom (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:49:13 PM

Wow that's a huge amount of Bitcoin is the user is still active in this forum,we all know that accounts here can be sold or bought if you know the identity offline then why not hire a lawyer to pursue this debt.

You also need an escrow for this which you forgot to mention

I have never seen an offer like this in this forum before and I have doubt if this can be done,anyway good luck.

Thanks.

AFAIK he is no longer active on this forum (at least not under his original username). I already contacted some people in order to go the legal way but since there is no official contract nobody wants to deal with it (or they want big sums of money upfront with absolutely no guarantee - lawyer style).

Of course, if a deal comes to place we will need a trustable escrow.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:08:23 PM

What about professional debt collector company? If all proofs are valid, just contact with them.
I used to work for one of the largest in the world, but unfortunately I am not resident in the UK.
They don't have office in UK, but they collect debts worldwide:
https://www.intrum.com/en/services/collection-services/worldwide-debt-collection/
They also have special fundation that can buy debts:
https://www.intrum.com/en/services/collection-services/debt-purchase/

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:11:30 PM

Please note that the value of BTC in year 2013 was considerably lower....

....since there is no official contract....

....I DO NOT want a "bully" or anyone doing illegal things...

Why would the debtor part with ~$150k if there is no contract, so no legal threat, and you allow no other approach to incentivize him?

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:18:03 PM

Watch this youtube video,this guy runs a debt collection business legally in the UK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUzlmWWdjEQ
You can find his contact information and stuff.If they can get you your bitcoins back,you can simply exchange it and pay them their shares.
MrAtom (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 03:46:20 PM

Watch this youtube video,this guy runs a debt collection business legally in the UK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUzlmWWdjEQ
You can find his contact information and stuff.If they can get you your bitcoins back,you can simply exchange it and pay them their shares.

Looks good, I found his website and he seems to be legit so I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

What about professional debt collector company? If all proofs are valid, just contact with them.
I used to work for one of the largest in the world, but unfortunately I am not resident in the UK.
They don't have office in UK, but they collect debts worldwide:
https://www.intrum.com/en/services/collection-services/worldwide-debt-collection/
They also have special fundation that can buy debts:
https://www.intrum.com/en/services/collection-services/debt-purchase/

Well the problem I see with Intrum, just as with going to court, is that they tendo to work for companies and debts where there is a legally binding contract. I'm not sure how they will react to this kind of debt in a vitrual currency where deals were agreed on in internet forums. Worth a try though, I guess.

Why would the debtor part with ~$150k if there is no contract, so no legal threat, and you allow no other approach to incentivize him?

What I mean is I don't want to get into trouble for harassing someone using illegal methods. But I know there are debt collectors who have unorthodox but legal and effective ways of cashing in on debts.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:03:14 PM

In the legal point of view, I don't think you will have a chance of getting this debt paid at all. Four things you need to prove.

1. The contract of loan.
2. The user is actually the guy in real life (will be hard if he really hid his identity).
3. The transaction sending the bitcoins to him.
4. Why you have the right to collect on behalf of the original creditor.

Also, I am not sure if this applies to the UK, but there is a rule regarding sending demand and also prescription (until when you can collect, and if you don't it would mean you are estopped from collecting anymore). Legally, you might have a problem here. You might have to resort to harsher methods and maybe rough him up a bit, show you're serious. Mafia style, I don't recommend doing it, though, as you might go to jail.
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 04:35:44 PM

In my opinion this guy scammed you,there is no contract to deal and for him to honor so in short he scammed you,it's not about paying his debt anymore but getting what he scammed to you,if you have a law in your country  on internet about this activity then you have a good chance to get that amount..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: