Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:10:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about mining bitcoins and transfer them to my wallet.  (Read 440 times)
josebit (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 08:53:36 PM

So I recently downloaded bitcoin core wallet as my wallet for my bitcoins. I am mining bitcoins using a company and of course they provide to me in their website to insert my bitcoin core wallet account number, so my bitcoins can be transferred. I can't really understand what is my account number in my bitcoin core wallet. Is that the address you generate for every time you have bitcoins accumulated from your mining company and you wish to move them to your Bitcoin core wallet? Please anybody explain to me how it works.

THANK YOUU!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 09:21:54 PM

So I recently downloaded bitcoin core wallet as my wallet for my bitcoins. I am mining bitcoins using a company and of course they provide to me in their website to insert my bitcoin core wallet account number, so my bitcoins can be transferred. I can't really understand what is my account number in my bitcoin core wallet. Is that the address you generate for every time you have bitcoins accumulated from your mining company and you wish to move them to your Bitcoin core wallet? Please anybody explain to me how it works.

THANK YOUU!!!

If the company you are mining with is asking for an "account number", then they are almost certainly a scam, and you should probably stop mining with them.

They probably meant to ask for a bitcoin address from a wallet where you can receive bitcoins, but their lack of knowledge about the most basic aspects of bitcoin doesn't not encourage confidence in their ability to operate a legitimate bitcoin based business.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 11:01:22 PM

THANK YOUU!!!

If the company you are mining with is asking for an "account number", then they are almost certainly a scam, and you should probably stop mining with them.

They probably meant to ask for a bitcoin address from a wallet where you can receive bitcoins, but their lack of knowledge about the most basic aspects of bitcoin doesn't not encourage confidence in their ability to operate a legitimate bitcoin based business.

I have to agree with DannyH. If they asked for an "account number", beware. Whatever you do, do not give them your private keys, only the public bitcoin address.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: