Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:04:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Relatively new to Bitcoin Mining. I have no setup yet. I have a few questions!(:  (Read 496 times)
Konii (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 01:51:36 AM

Hey, guys.  Grin
I'm relatively new to Bitcoin Mining, as you might as seen from the subject. I have a few questions in mind.
Before I ask, one of my hobbies is computer engineering: So you don't need to simplify anything regarding that subject.
Anyhow.

How easy is it to make a profit through mining?
How much should I initially invest?
If I want to make a big profit someday, what are some necessities? More importantly, how should I cool a big room of miners down?

The power here costs .13c/kWh, I'm pretty sure that's a vital piece of information you guys need.
Please help me get started with bitcoin mining! Thank you!! : )
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:23:32 AM

Hey, guys.  Grin
I'm relatively new to Bitcoin Mining, as you might as seen from the subject. I have a few questions in mind.
Before I ask, one of my hobbies is computer engineering: So you don't need to simplify anything regarding that subject.
Anyhow.

If I want to make a big profit someday, what are some necessities? More importantly, how should I cool a big room of miners down?

The power here costs .13c/kWh, I'm pretty sure that's a vital piece of information you guys need.

Hi there,

Mining could be profitable it depends on what miner did you use and the cost of electricity on your place.

If you decide to build a mining farm or only a single miner then you should buy the latest antminer s9 from bitmain,you could able to see the price there i think its about $2000 each(not sure yet)

Ventilation of said mining farm would really require a cool place specially when they are operating 24/7 .. if you decide to purchase many miners then cooling system will be very important and also the maintenance.

mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 06:32:39 AM

Hey, guys.  Grin
Anyhow.

I don't think there's profit to be made if you pay 13 cents/kWh...

I calculated with the specs of an S9 (https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/bitmain/antminer-s9-miner/) which is the most power efficient miner at the market today....
Here's the calculation at current difficulty, block reward and BTC price:

http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator/?h=14000&p=1375&pc=0.13&pf=1&d=286765766820.55000000&r=12.50000000&er=759.66000000&hc=2100

With the current parameters, it will take you 425 days to recover the investment of an S9, not including the PSU, racks, customs charges or air conditioning. Take into account the diff will probably rise, the block reward will halve in less than 4 years, the price fluctuates and bitmain only gives 90 days of warranty, and you see it will be problematic to invest in an ASIC when you pay 13 cents/kwu... Sorry to bring you the bad news.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████