Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:09:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [sold] zcash/ETH GPU mining system for sale - 1140 sol/s - $1200?  (Read 729 times)
auspiv (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:26:19 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 05:40:29 AM by auspiv

Hello there, I am looking to exit the mining game and am putting my equipment up for sale.

Hardware:

4 x Sapphire R9 280X
2 x Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
1 x LEPA G1600 - 1600W power supply with all power cables
1 x MSI Z77A-GD55 (6 PCI-E ports)
1 x Intel G1610
1 x 4gb ram (not sure specifics but can look it up if requested)
1 x 64gb SSD
6 x riser cables (2 x USB 3.0, 4 x ribbon risers)

This rig mines ZEC at around 1140 sol/s drawing 1200w from the wall. Everything you need to mine (except for frame to hold all the GPUs) is included in the sale. This hardware has done well and paid for itself when I got into the game with LTC and then renting the rig out to earn BTC mining scrypt-like coins. I understand these GPUs will also crunch ethash (ethereum, ethereum classic) reasonably well. Note that there is a version of Windows 10 installed but I never put in a license key so there is not a licensed OS included in the sale.

Screenshot of rig running on nicehash on Friday - https://i.imgur.com/vX4vvfa.jpg

Youtube "walkaround" - https://youtu.be/yl6WY6SaExs

I am a bit unsure of the pricing.. looks like there are a good amount of 280x's on eBay going for $100-120, the 7950s are a bit cheaper, and the PS + mobo + ram + CPU could probably get $400... let's say $1200 or 1.5 BTC. I realize I am a new poster with zero feedback on this forum, but you can check my eBay account http://www.ebay.com/usr/auspiv for feedback. If there are no takers on this forum, I will post it to eBay with a starting bid of $600ish.... trying to avoid eBay due to their fees (when did the fee become 10%?!?). PM me with offers. Hardware would ship from California.

I also have a nitro RX470 4gb that I would toss in for the right price.

Apologies if this isn't the correct subforum.

Thanks for looking!

-auspiv
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 06:48:28 PM

Are you interested in selling everything but the 7950's?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
auspiv (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:07:17 AM

By everything but the 7950's do you also want the RX470 (i.e. the full mining rig with 4x R9 280x and 1x RX470)? I'm open to offers, let me know your thoughts!

How about $1200 (in BTC) for everything but the 7950's and I'll also throw in the RX470? I actually have 2 RX470's and if you're interested, we can work something out.

EDIT: If you don't want the RX470, how about $1000 (in BTC) for everything but the 7950's?
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:22:43 AM

By everything but the 7950's do you also want the RX470 (i.e. the full mining rig with 4x R9 280x and 1x RX470)? I'm open to offers, let me know your thoughts!

How about $1200 (in BTC) for everything but the 7950's and I'll also throw in the RX470? I actually have 2 RX470's and if you're interested, we can work something out.

EDIT: If you don't want the RX470, how about $1000 (in BTC) for everything but the 7950's?

Any idea what the 470's mine at?  I have mostly stuck to using the Nicehash miner for my rigs, how difficult is the Claymore miner to setup and run?  Is it possible that you would be willing to make sure everything runs optimally so all I have to do is plug everything in and hit run?

auspiv (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:50:18 AM

Any idea what the 470's mine at?  I have mostly stuck to using the Nicehash miner for my rigs, how difficult is the Claymore miner to setup and run?  Is it possible that you would be willing to make sure everything runs optimally so all I have to do is plug everything in and hit run?
I have the 470's on my main PC, and haven't run them in a while but I just loaded up v8.0 and it looks like they hash at 140 sol/s each. These draw roughly half the power of the R9 280X cards but are a little slower at mining ZEC due to having less memory bandwidth (not sure of the ETH comparison). Overall it is roughly 1.4 more sol/s per watt.

Yes, I could indeed set it up so all you have to do is plug it in and hit run.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:58:33 AM

I have the 470's on my main PC, and haven't run them in a while but I just loaded up v8.0 and it looks like they hash at 140 sol/s each. These draw roughly half the power of the R9 280X cards but are a little slower at mining ZEC due to having less memory bandwidth (not sure of the ETH comparison). Overall it is roughly 1.4 more sol/s per watt.

Yes, I could indeed set it up so all you have to do is plug it in and hit run.

Oh, I figured they would be faster than the 7950's and 280x's.  Ok, I would just take the 7950's then (the original offer)

So one more question, like I said, I am pretty unfamiliar with zcash mining.  Is there anything special I would need to do if I wanted to mine other coins?  Lets say I was done mining zcash and wanted to download and run nicehashminer.  Would I need to do anything special before doing that?

Would you take $1100 for the setup shipped?  Shipping to KS 66062.  The price of $1200 seems like that is the going rate of brand new equipment, not used.

auspiv (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:05:55 AM

Ok, I would just take the 7950's then (the original offer)

So one more question, like I said, I am pretty unfamiliar with zcash mining.  Is there anything special I would need to do if I wanted to mine other coins?  Lets say I was done mining zcash and wanted to download and run nicehashminer.  Would I need to do anything special before doing that?

Would you take $1100 for the setup shipped?  Shipping to KS 66062.  The price of $1200 seems like that is the going rate of brand new equipment, not used.
I believe it should be mostly plug-n-play for the other miners. You'll need to download the miner, maybe edit a configuration file or two to point to your address/wallet, and then run the miner. If you want to get fancy, you can tweak the clock/memory timings and try to overclock and/or undervolt the GPUs. The next level up would be to even modify the BIOS to further increase the speed. I haven't personally tried nicehashminer, but the current setup is already on nicehash. The configuration file points to the nicehash servers with my BTC address as the username. Everything is automatic and I get paid in BTC every day or so direct to my wallet. The "rental" miner setup (nicehash style) generally returns slightly more than mining a coin directly and converting to BTC. I took a brief look through your posting history and it seems you are quite knowledgeable about bitcoin/mining so hopefully this isn't new to you. If it is, or if you want me to explain more, please let me know. At the moment, ZEC is in the same state as BTC was in late 2010 when GPU mining picked up. It is just a different algorithm to solve hashes that is currently working fastest on (AMD) GPUs.

Let's say 1.4 BTC shipped (~$1060). I'll enter your wallet details on the miner and pack it up tomorrow and try to also ship it out tomorrow. If I don't get it sent tomorrow, I will for sure be able to have it shipped out by Thursday evening.
DebitMe
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:20:53 AM

Ok, I would just take the 7950's then (the original offer)

I believe it should be mostly plug-n-play for the other miners. You'll need to download the miner, maybe edit a configuration file or two to point to your address/wallet, and then run the miner. If you want to get fancy, you can tweak the clock/memory timings and try to overclock and/or undervolt the GPUs. The next level up would be to even modify the BIOS to further increase the speed. I haven't personally tried nicehashminer, but the current setup is already on nicehash. The configuration file points to the nicehash servers with my BTC address as the username. Everything is automatic and I get paid in BTC every day or so direct to my wallet. The "rental" miner setup (nicehash style) generally returns slightly more than mining a coin directly and converting to BTC. I took a brief look through your posting history and it seems you are quite knowledgeable about bitcoin/mining so hopefully this isn't new to you. If it is, or if you want me to explain more, please let me know. At the moment, ZEC is in the same state as BTC was in late 2010 when GPU mining picked up. It is just a different algorithm to solve hashes that is currently working fastest on (AMD) GPUs.

Let's say 1.4 BTC shipped (~$1060). I'll enter your wallet details on the miner and pack it up tomorrow and try to also ship it out tomorrow. If I don't get it sent tomorrow, I will for sure be able to have it shipped out by Thursday evening.

Deal, I am going to bed now, so I can pay in the morning. If your willing to ship first we can do it that way, or I can have ognasty escrow the deal for us.
Your right that I have been mining for years, it's just mostly been bitcoin or lite coin. Pretty new to other coins and I thought I read something about having to modif the bios or operating system or something to get it to work, which is why I was curious if any modifications would be needed to get it back to normal, but it doesn't sound that way.
I'll pm you my shipping details.

BryanK

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:46:36 AM

If this deal falls through, i would be interested. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: