Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed transactions, but very soon, high priority  (Read 487 times)
mountaind (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 101

PapaverSomniferum

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:38:17 AM

I have 2, the second a test, but 6 hours without a confirmation, despite paying the tx fee set as default in the wallet.

I feel paranoid about sending anything from hereon.

Dear Manager,

I would like to draw your attention ...

lol

But f...ing confirm please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 05:42:29 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2016, 08:01:35 AM by jaceefrost

Confirmation today was also delayed for me. I had a txn that took 10 hours before confirming. It really depends on the fee you used. You can not rely on the high priority status you can see on blockchain.info. You may want to remember that you need atleast 90 sats /kb fee to get your txn on high priority.
You're txn will woon be confirm just be patient.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2016, 08:28:46 AM

I have 2, the second a test, but 6 hours without a confirmation, despite paying the tx fee set as default in the wallet.

I feel paranoid about sending anything from hereon.

Can you post transaction IDs please? The "default" used to be a good suggestion, currently its better to use the dynamic fee slider.

Dear Manager,

I would like to draw your attention ...

lol

But f...ing confirm please.

We have informed the Bitcoin CEO.

Confirmation today was also delayed for me. I had a txn that took 10 hours before confirming. It really depends on the fee you used. You can not rely on the high priority status you can see on blockchain.info. You may want to remember that you need atleast 90 sats /kb fee to get your txn on high priority.
You're txn will woon be confirm just be patient.

Thats true, its based on the concept of "priority" (the longer bitcoins are unused the higher their priority) which no longer plays a significant role. 90 Satoshi per kilobyte would be too low, I think you meant 90 Satoshi per byte. According to cointape[1] a good fee is between 70 and 100 sat/byte the last few days.

[1] https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 07:38:26 PM

Based on the website https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ it shows that the median transaction of 226 byte needs with 100 satoshi per byte to get the highest priority as shown in the below picture needs 22600 satoshi or 0.17 USD in fee. That is for median transaction. Now if you want to be sure based on such calculations a fee of 0.35 USD (although for some maybe expensive) can make your transactions confirm very fast.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
mountaind (OP)

PapaverSomniferum

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:10:07 AM

I just use the tx fee that is set by default, I figure that is enough, or it should be set higher. My txs confirmed, after about 16 hours. I am not sure if it was a coincidence, but I used a couple of those push/txs websites, after I had started the client anew on my friends computer.

But I sent 3, paid the fee, so maybe it  was the server I was attached to having issues. Speed of lightning.

But they went through.
mountaind (OP)

PapaverSomniferum

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:15:11 AM

Based on the website https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ it shows that the median transaction of 226 byte needs with 100 satoshi per byte to get the highest priority as shown in the below picture needs 22600 satoshi or 0.17 USD in fee. That is for median transaction. Now if you want to be sure based on such calculations a fee of 0.35 USD (although for some maybe expensive) can make your transactions confirm very fast.

Oh, just to say, I must have paid a good tx fee on all, given the blockchain stated I was a "Priority"
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 06:23:40 AM

I just use the tx fee that is set by default, I figure that is enough, or it should be set higher. My txs confirmed, after about 16 hours. I am not sure if it was a coincidence, but I used a couple of those push/txs websites, after I had started the client anew on my friends computer.

But I sent 3, paid the fee, so maybe it  was the server I was attached to having issues. Speed of lightning.

But they went through.

What is and what isnt a good fee constantly changes now and ranges from 50 (rare) to 100 sat/byte (more common even often too high). The concept of a default fee is no longer valid.

-snip-
Oh, just to say, I must have paid a good tx fee on all, given the blockchain stated I was a "Priority"

"The blockchain" would not state that, I assume you rely on the information given to you by blockchain.info a wallet service and blockchain explorer. It uses an outdated metric that has little to do with fee and is a bad prediction for confirmation times now.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
mountaind (OP)

PapaverSomniferum

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:27:44 AM

Just noticed what was written above by Magical, I  paid about that fee. This is the first time I have ever had an issue. It was only for 0.07, plus the two tests. It was kind of weird when they leaped into action, I think it was the push tx site, not blockr (it did nothing), and I forget which one, I just looked at the list on Bitcoin Wiki).

No proof to offer, it is just that they started moving about 3 or 4 minutes later. It  could be coincidence of course.
mountaind (OP)

PapaverSomniferum

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:58:11 AM

But they went through.

What is and what isnt a good fee constantly changes now and ranges from 50 (rare) to 100 sat/byte (more common even often too high). The concept of a default fee is no longer valid.

-snip-

"The blockchain" would not state that, I assume you rely on the information given to you by blockchain.info a wallet service and blockchain explorer. It uses an outdated metric that has little to do with fee and is a bad prediction for confirmation times now.

I don't rely on the info from blockchain.info, the wallet  diverted me there when I chose the option to check the tx on the blockchain.

I have never had need to get frustrated before, so assumed the wallet would divert me somewhere relevant. I rarely check any txs, because they always confirm, until yesterday. Plus I do not send many txs, although I receive a few.

But  obviously I went to other places to see what  was said  there. I may have mentioned that above.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: