Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:54:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox under ddos attack?  (Read 3347 times)
FlyingFlapjack

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:03:45 AM

With the deep bit situation, the motivation of the 'hackers' seems to be to stimulate the abandonment of deep bit to spread out the mining rate.

An attack on MTGOX could be along similar lines...attempting to force people to use other exchanges.

But has it even been confirmed that it was a ddos or could it just be some growing pains?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mark Oates

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:15:04 AM

But has it even been confirmed that it was a ddos
On mtgox support forums (just added  Smiley), they have stated that it's a ddos.
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:58:57 AM

Something fishy is going on with MTgox and all other bitcoin exchanges. I have a pretty good feeling MTgox will liquidate very soon.

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:05:02 AM

With the deep bit situation, the motivation of the 'hackers' seems to be to stimulate the abandonment of deep bit to spread out the mining rate.

An attack on MTGOX could be along similar lines...attempting to force people to use other exchanges.

But has it even been confirmed that it was a ddos or could it just be some growing pains?

ya, im pretty sure the attacks are coming from someone who loves bitcoin and understands(sadly unlike most) that diversification is very important. I for one would love to see people realize just how dangerous such a massive amount of trust in single entities is. unfortunately alot of people still feel very comfortable playing the whole 'monkey see monkey do' game, luckily that is one of the things bitcoin has come to change. 
Steve

Activity: 868
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 04:19:27 AM

Seems like to me some of it's still down.  I can't connect to the https://mtgox.com/code/data/getDepth.php file with my ticker script.  Although I can see the file if I connect directly to it.

I had the same problem...I see in the responses that they seem to be using an anti-DDOS service called blacklotus.net.  I'm guessing the fact that I was polling on a regular interval (1 min), I was flagged as being DDOS like traffic.  From the same machine I can connect from a browser with no problem.  I've emailed them about it (I'm imagine I could craft the headers to mimic the browser and work around it...and maybe randomize the interval of the request to avoid getting flagged again, but I'm hoping mtgox might have a better suggestion for me).

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: