Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:19:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help with configuring a miner  (Read 320 times)
dadach (OP)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 09:13:52 PM

if i connect to the onboard video out, there is no way to control the amd gpu that i have in the system? is there a way to trick the system?

if i just run it like that, will the automatic fan control be enough to keep the cards cool enough, or do i have to connect to amd gpu and increase the fan speed?

the miner is running in a very cool environment.

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 06, 2016, 10:22:35 PM

if i connect to the onboard video out, there is no way to control the amd gpu that i have in the system? is there a way to trick the system?

if i just run it like that, will the automatic fan control be enough to keep the cards cool enough, or do i have to connect to amd gpu and increase the fan speed?

I didn't quite understand what you mean but I'll try. You don't need monitor to be connected to any GPU or motherboard to mine, in most cases it doesn't matters were you connect monitor you just have to start the miner and install drivers and see in manage tab if all GPU-s are properly visible in that tab
dadach (OP)

Activity: 365

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 08:50:27 AM

I didn't quite understand what you mean but I'll try. You don't need monitor to be connected to any GPU or motherboard to mine, in most cases it doesn't matters were you connect monitor you just have to start the miner and install drivers and see in manage tab if all GPU-s are properly visible in that tab

thank you. in my case windows 10 64bit, all the gpu are visible, but unless i connect the monitor to one of them, they are not recognized by amd monitoring or afterburner, therefore i cannot control the fan or frequency. i guess once intel onboard takes over, the driver part that is for monitoring gets turned off...

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
t2yax

Activity: 462

Arianee:Smart-link Connecting Owners,Assets,Brands

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 09:03:20 AM

thank you. in my case windows 10 64bit, all the gpu are visible, but unless i connect the monitor to one of them, they are not recognized by amd monitoring or afterburner, therefore i cannot control the fan or frequency. i guess once intel onboard takes over, the driver part that is for monitoring gets turned off...

if your card is bit older,for example a hd 7xxx or r9xxx,you may try older drivers

also you may try different tools for avoiding this issue,for example

EVGA Precision
Sapphire TriXX
Gigabyte OC Guru

also there is differences between operating systems,even between windows systems

you may switch to linux,or to different windows versions

arianee
• • • ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Smart-link Connecting Owners, Assets And Brands
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ • • •
Discord
Telegram ⊐●⊏ Reddit
Twitter ⊐●⊏ Instagram
Medium ⊐●⊏ Linkedin
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 12:14:59 PM

I think you should try linux unless you have only one rig with this kind of issues as t2yax said.
Finding the problem you are facing may take longer time than just switching your OS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: