Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:34:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does any body know of a bitcoin bank?  (Read 1262 times)
zurzon (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:39:14 AM

I was thinking about clearing out my client.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:41:42 AM

Where do you live?

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:46:24 AM

Just send them to MtGox or a private online wallet (like MyBitcoin).
done

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 01:52:57 AM

I second that
khornate

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 01:58:36 AM

Or set up a wallet on another computer which isn't connected to the internet. I wouldn't trust all my cash in one site if I had a lot of it.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 02:13:01 AM

Discussed in detail here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=5194.0

A client that never connected to the net is about as good as it gets.
tehcodez

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:15:19 AM

I know a wonderful one....

try....

C:\Users\(yourusername)\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\wallet.dat

Enjoy!
bitcredit

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:16:13 AM

Do not use MyBitcoin! I sent them a message about a lost password more than a week ago. I still have not received a reply. The only way to contact them is through the online system they provide (which I used) and apparently they don't even check that.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:33:16 AM

Do not use MyBitcoin! I sent them a message about a lost password more than a week ago. I still have not received a reply. The only way to contact them is through the online system they provide (which I used) and apparently they don't even check that.

Wait, how did you use the internal messaging system without your password?

Something stinks.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:34:49 AM

Discussed in detail here: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=5194.0

A client that never connected to the net is about as good as it gets.

I just encrypt the wallet.dat file onto a cheap 128 meg thumbdrive then put it into my safety deposit box.  Destroying the unencrypted copies on my PC is also necessary.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Narydu
Donator

Activity: 743
Merit: 510

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 03:28:02 AM

Ok, that secures the wallet but spontaneous withdraws get complicated  Wink. So there is no Bitcoin Bank just wallets? Do they have any kind of assurance in case of errors?

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:33:15 AM

Do they have any kind of assurance in case of errors?

What kind of assurance can you give yourself?

thallium205

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 04:10:46 AM

I was curious about this question too.  I am aware of websites like mybitcoin.com, but what about an insured bank where you would be reimbursed if the bank was "robbed" or destroyed?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:11:32 AM

Someone has to start a bitcoin insurance company first.  Have at it.

Ricochet

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:23:19 AM

I was curious about this question too.  I am aware of websites like mybitcoin.com, but what about an insured bank where you would be reimbursed if the bank was "robbed" or destroyed?
None such service exists yet.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:33:32 AM

Someone has to start a bitcoin insurance company first.  Have at it.

How would that possibly work?
yourpharmacy

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 04:44:38 AM

I would create encrypted drive in a file container with software like truecrypt, with long enough pass phrase, make a new wallet on this drive, send bitcoins to that wallet, unmount encrypted drive, make a few backup copies of encrypted file container and put them in different places including online storage, just in case.
CaseyHeinzism

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 06:38:00 AM

How about InstaWallet is that an okay service?
- Casey H.
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2011, 01:56:33 AM

yes instawallet is great service, no fees when sending from your instawallet address.

A bank?

Bitcoin Credit Union

http://bccu.no-ip.org

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=7284.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: