Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:11:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictions on Alto-Currencies  (Read 669 times)
BitzMD (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 08:11:10 PM

What do you guys think of PPC and TRC?

Recently they have been trading well, though most of it is speculative I wonder of their future, any thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:33:06 PM

I think that PPC is better.  Not sure about price.
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:36:18 PM

I will be amazed if TRC has a futures, and NVC already implements PoS...so not sure where PPC will end up, though I do think the market will collapse around it by the end of APril, when the diff shoots over a million.
chriswen

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:39:24 PM

I will be amazed if TRC has a futures, and NVC already implements PoS...so not sure where PPC will end up, though I do think the market will collapse around it by the end of APril, when the diff shoots over a million.

Hah, you say that NVC already implemented PoS.  PPC implemented PoS first.  NVC has a bad rep.  I wouldn't be suprised if the NVC market collapses soon.
VforVictory

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:51:41 PM

Hah, you say that NVC already implemented PoS.  PPC implemented PoS first.  NVC has a bad rep.  I wouldn't be suprised if the NVC market collapses soon.

Considering PPC will, eventually, only be profitable for ASICs... Not gonna hold my breath. You already saw what happened to TRC, and while it won't quite happen any time soon for PPC it will happen eventually. SHA-256 just isn't the way to go nowadays.
chriswen

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:55:29 PM

Hah, you say that NVC already implemented PoS.  PPC implemented PoS first.  NVC has a bad rep.  I wouldn't be suprised if the NVC market collapses soon.

Considering PPC will, eventually, only be profitable for ASICs... Not gonna hold my breath.

That's the whole point of PPC to be energy efficient.  With bitcoin the same electricity would eventually be spent when ASICs were launched.  With PPC less electricity will be used because of the block reward algorithm.
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

I have a few of each, just for fun. It's pretty early to know what their future might look like. In general, I support having multiple crypto currencies up and running. My gut feeling that the more currencies are up and running, the more difficult they will be for a government to regulate them.
VforVictory

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:18:42 PM

Hah, you say that NVC already implemented PoS.  PPC implemented PoS first.  NVC has a bad rep.  I wouldn't be suprised if the NVC market collapses soon.

Considering PPC will, eventually, only be profitable for ASICs... Not gonna hold my breath.

That's the whole point of PPC to be energy efficient.  With bitcoin the same electricity would eventually be spent when ASICs were launched.  With PPC less electricity will be used because of the block reward algorithm.

But you only generate PoS if you hold on to it, which is not the mentality of ASIC miners, and most people out to make a buck. So the whole "energy efficiency" part goes out the window.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: