Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:42:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Total NEWBIE here and EXCITED!  (Read 489 times)
reQuorter (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:11:59 PM

Hello,

I just found out about Bitcoin and I wanna start make some bitcoins right away but I am truly lost as there is SO MUCH INFORMATION and I just simply have no idea where to start?!

I have downloaded on my Windows 8 Dell laptop (with AMD graphics) program "bitcoin-0.8.1-win32-setup" and its named as "Bitcoin - Wallet". It's doing some magic...

I see "Synchronizing with network... [~XXXXX blocks remaining]" - what is that?

I see that my "Wallet" and "Recent transactions" are "(out of sync)" - why is out of sync and why?

I thought that I am gonna make some account with my email address and that will be me Bitcoin wallet... and now if I want to logon another computer to my wallet what should I do?

And now most important question... how to make those bitcoins?

I've installed bitcoin miner called "Ufasoft Coin" but again... no login/password, nothing... it just starts working and making my CPU working on 100%... I assume its 'mining' bitcoins but how the heck am I suppose to transfer (?) those to my wallet?

These are my firsts questions... I hope someone with good bitcoin knowlage can answer them Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yellowbellypig

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:13:03 PM

Mining bitcoins is not going to be very effective at all on your laptop. It takes an expensive rig to make it worth your while mining bitcoins at this point.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:16:18 PM

I'd suggest reading the forums first, all the questions you've asked have been answered many times.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:21:16 PM

Hello,

I just found out about Bitcoin and I wanna start make some bitcoins right away but I am truly lost as there is SO MUCH INFORMATION and I just simply have no idea where to start?!

Stratr at the begining XD

I have downloaded on my Windows 8 Dell laptop (with AMD graphics) program "bitcoin-0.8.1-win32-setup" and its named as "Bitcoin - Wallet". It's doing some magic...

this is your wallet its where you store your bitcoins if you want a online version there are places like instawallet or blockchain.info

I see "Synchronizing with network... [~XXXXX blocks remaining]" - what is that?

this is downloading the blockchain every transaction ever made on the bitcoin network

I see that my "Wallet" and "Recent transactions" are "(out of sync)" - why is out of sync and why?

because you computer dosnt have the whole block chain its letting you know its not got it all

I thought that I am gonna make some account with my email address and that will be me Bitcoin wallet... and now if I want to logon another computer to my wallet what should I do?

for this you need to use an online service such as named above the wallet you have is stored on your computer

And now most important question... how to make those bitcoins?

lots of ways from watching videos to surveys and mining bitvisitor.com and coinvisitor.com are good places to start

I've installed bitcoin miner called "Ufasoft Coin" but again... no login/password, nothing... it just starts working and making my CPU working on 100%... I assume its 'mining' bitcoins but how the heck am I suppose to transfer (?) those to my wallet?

you have to tell it in a .config file best one for people starting is GUIminer (google it)

These are my firsts questions... I hope someone with good bitcoin knowlage can answer them Tongue

id also recomend against trying to mine on a laptop as it reallt does cut the life of a laptop down to a few months running it

reQuorter (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:52:44 PM

Mining bitcoins is not going to be very effective at all on your laptop. It takes an expensive rig to make it worth your while mining bitcoins at this point.
I am just starting and right now I've a laptop with me, at home I've got 3 computers with i7 and ati amd graphics... I just wanna start and see what it is about Smiley
Wompaone

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:02:45 PM

Use GUIminer as stated above. It's user friendly and will have you mining in minutes. Why just the other day it calculated that I would make 0.00000364 in just 1 whole month!!  Cool
dex1

Activity: 141
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 09:24:25 PM

My laptop pulls out roughly 0.01 BTC a month working 24/7.
It's gonna make it give up the ghost pretty soon I belive Undecided
spacediver

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 09:54:41 PM

Bitcoin is quite mature these days, so for most people the best option is just take some pocket money and buy BTC directly. I've done this 2 years ago, and currently I see it even more of true.

With the rise of specialized mining hardware I see it unreasonable to even approach mining, unless you are set to put significant money, time and effort into the matter.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: