Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:35:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer R4 - My Project  (Read 903 times)
jacobmayes94 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 11:16:22 PM

I am buying an antminer R4 from a member on here. I have decided that due to living in a colder climate, me and my partner are going to do our own custom painted casing of a nice fake fireplace which we can slip the R4 into.

Colder winter months this will act as a 24/7 fan heater, summer months I can remove the miner from the fake 'fire' and put it in the brick and mortar shed where I have destined the rest of the farm to be. Has proper electrics wired in by a qualified electrician so I am happy. Homeplugs to bring Ethernet into there means I am away!

A novel thing to do with the antminer R4, I think it will look sexy and will be able to make money in the process, I have a lock in with sainsburys energy for two years with a 10.6p day and 4.5p night rate (economy 7) (I have never found a deal like it, it averages at 8 pence I think, you cant get this rate getting it with them directly) when the promo ran out I was able to convince them to lock me onto the rate for two years. *rubs hands together*

I will add that in the UK energy that cheap is simply unheard of in a residential property. the best deal I could find outside of it was 7p night 11.5p day rate. I will make the most of this tariff while I have it!

In the winter heating cost is needed anyway so I wouldn't class that as eating into mining profit from a machine like this, in the summer it would but I can move it out the way so as not to bake!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 01:19:10 AM

I am buying an antminer R4 from a member on here. I have decided that due to living in a colder climate, me and my partner are going to do our own custom painted casing of a nice fake fireplace which we can slip the R4 into.

Colder winter months this will act as a 24/7 fan heater, summer months I can remove the miner from the fake 'fire' and put it in the brick and mortar shed where I have destined the rest of the farm to be. Has proper electrics wired in by a qualified electrician so I am happy. Homeplugs to bring Ethernet into there means I am away!

A novel thing to do with the antminer R4, I think it will look sexy and will be able to make money in the process, I have a lock in with sainsburys energy for two years with a 10.6p day and 4.5p night rate (economy 7) (I have never found a deal like it, it averages at 8 pence I think, you cant get this rate getting it with them directly) when the promo ran out I was able to convince them to lock me onto the rate for two years. *rubs hands together*

I will add that in the UK energy that cheap is simply unheard of in a residential property. the best deal I could find outside of it was 7p night 11.5p day rate. I will make the most of this tariff while I have it!

In the winter heating cost is needed anyway so I wouldn't class that as eating into mining profit from a machine like this, in the summer it would but I can move it out the way so as not to bake!

That is very low for the UK, good luck, but I don't think the R4 generates that much heat from what I have read by others that have them.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 03:46:33 AM

I recently put mine in a room to use as a supplemental heater in a cold drafty room
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 07:30:49 AM

I just realize that Miners can be used to heat places. I live in a hot place in the world and my miner doesn't serve two purposes like where you guys live. It's kind of awesome to think that your heater produces money and not just burn your money. Probably the best place to use miners is like greenland or somewhere that freezing the whole year. That would maximize the heating of miners the whole year and you don't have to cool your server room.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: