Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:09:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox hacked? ...and BTC withdraw limit?  (Read 3724 times)
geebus (OP)

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 02:02:26 AM

I tried to log into my MtGox account today only to be told my username/password didn't match.
As I recently changed the password, I assumed I typed it wrong and would just do a reset. So I entered my email/username for a reset and was informed that my email address was not on any account.

I've filed a ticket and I'm waiting to hear a response back from MtGox now, as I had about 25 BTC in my account.

Likewise, when I told my friend about this, he had me log into his account to withdraw his bitcoins. When I attempted to withdraw them, to his wallet ID, I was given a new message I've never seen before.

Apparently, MtGox is now limiting the amount of BTC you can withdraw from your own account. I understand that due to recent posts about accounts having missing BTC, it's likely for security purposes, but if MtGox isn't letting me withdraw my own bitcoins, I see a major flaw in this system.

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:12:43 AM

Apparently, MtGox is now limiting the amount of BTC you can withdraw from your own account.

The limits are:
MtGox imposes a $1,000 USD limit for withdrawals per 24 hours and a $10,000 USD limit for withdrawals per month. and Bitcoins withdrawn are counted toward this limit as well and the USD value is calculated at the market rate at the time of the attempted withdrawal.
- http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mtgox#Withdrawing_Funds

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 10:11:46 PM

@ Original poster
While the situation is a bit different, could you please post in the topic at http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18050.0 as well?

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 11:09:37 PM

I just tried to Login and got this message:

Too many failure from your IP, temporarly blocked.

I hardly ever go onto mtgox and I've always entered the right password. Anyone got any ideas what this nonsense means?

I'm grumpy!!
joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 11:23:24 PM

I hardly ever go onto mtgox and I've always entered the right password. Anyone got any ideas what this nonsense means?
Are you using a TOR node, proxy, VPN, or otherwise something that might mean you share your IP with others?

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:22:25 AM

Are you using a TOR node, proxy, VPN, or otherwise something that might mean you share your IP with others?

I haven't used Tor when I sign onto mtgox.

I'm grumpy!!
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:57:20 AM

I had it too, for no good reason, and it seems to have cleared up in less than 10 minutes.

M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 06:13:35 AM

There is a bug in MtGox in which, when you are automatically logged out with 10 or more minutes or inactivity, but are still on the page, and you try to cancel an order (or probably do something else) a few times, and then you notice that you are logged out, when you try to log in - it tells you that you are blocked. Happened to me a while ago.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: