Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMS] Moonstone DAC  (Read 33804 times)
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:14:55 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2016, 11:33:09 PM by drays

I voted for 4 people today (in last 5 hours), but only the last vote (for    idolacchacked) is shown on website (http://node.moonstonedac.com:8080/#/account/drays/voting/)! I never retracted any vote.

How that could be? Do votes automatically disappear? Do they just disappear from website, and still work on blockchain level? Is there different way to vote? I am using using "vote_for_witness drays idolacchacked true true". Is there something incorrect? Or is there a bug (on website, or in the core blockchain functionality)?

Dev, your input is urgently needed, before people start actually shooting each other here!

can you try to refresh your browser? also after making changes to your votes, don't forget to press the "publish changes" button.

I was not using the browser to vote. As mentioned above, I was voting from command line.
I will make my next votes from the GUI, and report if I see something strange...

P.S. And of course - thanks for addressing these issues, moonstonedac. Both voting issue and cheating one affect the community. I hope now guys are more relaxed, theboccet will return to this project, and max2000irc will not anymore accuse me of retracting votes  Wink

... this space is not for rent ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:24:00 PM

vvinam, I am afraid even if we all vote for you, you cannot become a witness unless Dev votes for you too.
Until the ICO, the Dev vote has so much more weight, that only the ones he voted for, could become a witness.

At least this is my impression. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. I voted for you anyway, just to show I am not just making excuses Smiley

moonstonedac (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 05:38:55 PM

vvinam, I am afraid even if we all vote for you, you cannot become a witness unless Dev votes for you too.
Until the ICO, the Dev vote has so much more weight, that only the ones he voted for, could become a witness.

At least this is my impression. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

P.S. I voted for you anyway, just to show I am not just making excuses Smiley

that is right since i control most of the voting power at the moment

Penetrator10

Activity: 405
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:46:41 PM

Dev thanks for quick solution it look now more fair then it was.As for voting still something wrong just voted from cli (as always) for one guy after min for second guy ,but it looks like second guy took place of the first.Mayby that was to fast ,mayby one vote for 4 hours ?
moonstonedac (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 05:53:40 PM

Dev thanks for quick solution it look now more fair then it was.As for voting still something wrong just voted from cli (as always) for one guy after min for second guy ,but it looks like second guy took place of the first.Mayby that was to fast ,mayby one vote for 4 hours ?

can you try doing it on the web wallet if the behavior is still the same?

drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:55:37 PM

It looks like voting from CLI has issues. Only the last voted person + your own witness are shown on GUI if voted from CLI. I switched to using the GUI for voting - only this way I can have more than just 2 last votes actually shown. So GUI voting looks to be working well.

moonstonedac (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 06:13:33 PM

Can anyone help me test the upcoming forum?

Also, if you have community management experience, i can make you a moderator.
I will also allocate 1,000,000 XMS for forum rewards.

The forum is still in testing and I will erase all posts before going live.

https://moonstonedac.com/

Penetrator10

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:35:30 PM

can you try doing it on the web wallet if the behavior is still the same?

Ok i tried and nothing got only 5 witnesses can not have more ,but none of my old votes disappeared.I will try something else 1 add user to my approved witnesses in 4 hours.
Riverhead

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:19:37 PM

Hi Dev,

Is this ok for my node to be a witness?

unlocked >>> get_witness jthor
get_witness jthor
{
  "id": "1.6.45",
  "witness_account": "1.2.67",
  "last_aslot": 0,
  "signing_key": "xxxxxxxx",
  "vote_id": "1:56",
  "total_votes": 0,
  "url": "xxxxxxxx",
  "total_missed": 0,
  "last_confirmed_block_num": 0
}

Thank You.

Make sure you add the ID and private signing keys to your config.ini. Otherwise looks swell.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:21:40 PM

Can anyone help me test the upcoming forum?

Also, if you have community management experience, i can make you a moderator.
I will also allocate 1,000,000 XMS for forum rewards.

The forum is still in testing and I will erase all posts before going live.

https://moonstonedac.com/
A small piece of feedback:
making the Date of Birth mandatory is a little bit too much I think Smiley
Your site is not an adult site (and is not supposed to contain adult material), so why to force members to enter their birthday.? Smiley

Riverhead

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:26:26 PM

I voted for these witnesses

idolacchacked (idolacchacked)
joseph (TheStuhlman)
ragingbull (RagingBull)
miso69 (MisO69)
theboccet (theboccet)
torontor (TorontoR)
sakr (sakr)
max2000irc (max2000irc)
mirny (mirny)
penetrator10 (Penetrator10)
wasda (Wasda)
yourmom420 (YourMom420)
tkkp (TKKP)
kunfu (Kunfu)
drays (drays)

I'm number two on the pioneers list and been helping people get up and running in the Slack but no vote?  Cry
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:11:48 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2016, 08:31:05 PM by drays

joseph (TheStuhlman)
ragingbull (RagingBull)
miso69 (MisO69)
theboccet (theboccet)
torontor (TorontoR)
sakr (sakr)
max2000irc (max2000irc)
mirny (mirny)
wasda (Wasda)
yourmom420 (YourMom420)
tkkp (TKKP)
kunfu (Kunfu)
drays (drays)

I'm number two on the pioneers list and been helping people get up and running in the Slack but no vote?  Cry

Speaking of Slack... how to get registered in there..?

@Riverhead: nice to see you here posting. You actually have two posts here on this thread, which is exactly 50% of all your posts on Bitcointalk in last 3 years! Smiley. You don't seem to be very talkative (at least here on BCT), so such number of posts here show your genuine interest in this project Smiley

As a valued member of Steem and Bitshares community, I think you would be very welcome here too, but could you please explain those "james/morden/moonscape/nexus-dev/riverhead" multiaccount games resulting in pushing everyone else out of witness list? This is not a behaviour one would expect from a friendly and helpful community member...  Undecided

idolacchacked

Activity: 598

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:41:59 PM

joseph (TheStuhlman)
ragingbull (RagingBull)
miso69 (MisO69)
theboccet (theboccet)
torontor (TorontoR)
sakr (sakr)
max2000irc (max2000irc)
mirny (mirny)
wasda (Wasda)
yourmom420 (YourMom420)
tkkp (TKKP)
kunfu (Kunfu)
drays (drays)

I'm number two on the pioneers list and been helping people get up and running in the Slack but no vote?  Cry

Speaking of Slack... how to get registered in there..?

@Riverhead: nice to see you here posting. You actually have two posts here on this thread, which is exactly 50% of all your posts on Bitcointalk in last 3 years! Smiley. You don't seem to be very talkative (at least here on BCT), so such number of posts here show your genuine interest in this project Smiley

As a valued member of Steem and Bitshares community, I think you would be very welcome here too, but could you please explain those "james/morden/moonscape/nexus-dev/riverhead" multiaccount games resulting in pushing everyone else out of witness list? This is not a behaviour one would expect from a friendly and helpful community member...  Undecided

PM moonstonedac with your email and you will get a invite to slack
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:47:11 PM

PM moonstonedac with your email and you will get a invite link

Thanks! Will do. Not that I am eager to have even more places to post and read (I really dislike Slack in general), but could be useful to be more informed...

Riverhead

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:36:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome Smiley.

There's nothing wrong with running multiple witnesses in DPOS and in fact it happens on all of them including Bitshares 1&2, Steem, Muse, and Moonstone-dac. Graphene is a completely transparent chain so it's trivial to follow proxy chains and created by records to figure out who is who. Naturally there are ways to create truly anonymous accounts but deception was never my intent. The dev said there would be 500 slots so I figured no harm no foul. Turns out there was only 11.

Here is a breakdown of the accounts:

James/Riverhead - Mine.

Morden - My curator on Steem that wanted to try his hand at being a witness since he has no chance of getting in on Steem, Muse, or Bitshares. New project new opportunities for new people Smiley.

Moonscape - Account created for Roadscape - a frontend dev for Steemit and creator of steemd.com. I haven't spoken with him yet so he has not been voted on. I could have left it as a non witness account but honestly I wasn't expecting this level of scrutiny this early on lol.

nexus-dev - Created for Nikolai (toast) who has joined our Slack and was a core dev for Bitshares and currently runs Nexus Development which is the core dev team on Makerdao - an Ethereum based stable coin project.

Moonstone-dac is a cool project with a lot of potential addressing one of the primary complaints of Bitshares 2.0: inflation. Inviting some experienced people in the space can only help this project reach the potential we're all hoping for. Bonus if he gets the EVM ported Smiley.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 11:59:04 PM

There's nothing wrong with running multiple witnesses in DPOS and in fact it happens on all of them including Bitshares 1&2, Steem, Muse, and Moonstone-dac. Graphene is a completely transparent chain so it's trivial to follow proxy chains and created by records to figure out who is who. Naturally there are ways to create truly anonymous accounts but deception was never my intent. The dev said there would be 500 slots so I figured no harm no foul. Turns out there was only 11.

James/Riverhead - Mine.

Morden - My curator on Steem that wanted to try his hand at being a witness since he has no chance of getting in on Steem, Muse, or Bitshares. New project new opportunities for new people Smiley.

Moonscape - Account created for Roadscape - a frontend dev for Steemit and creator of steemd.com. I haven't spoken with him yet so he has not been voted on. I could have left it as a non witness account but honestly I wasn't expecting this level of scrutiny this early on lol.

nexus-dev - Created for Nikolai (toast) who has joined our Slack and was a core dev for Bitshares and currently runs Nexus Development which is the core dev team on Makerdao - an Ethereum based stable coin project.

Moonstone-dac is a cool project with a lot of potential addressing one of the primary complaints of Bitshares 2.0: inflation. Inviting some experienced people in the space can only help this project reach the potential we're all hoping for. Bonus if he gets the EVM ported Smiley.

Many thanks for explanation! I actually assumed there was no malucious intent, but just a playing around Smiley
Regarding the scrutiny - probably Steem early days made me so suspicious Smiley - I was one of the first miners of Steem and there was some not-really-fair play at the beginning from several parties... For Steem the early mining and distribution was crucial due to crazy inflation rate, so I automatically assumed here it also could be the case. But in fact it lookjs like early mining here should not affect things too much.

And of course, you are right, having/attracting experienced people here will help a lot.

I have actually two questions to you if you dont mind:
1. How it happened that you have so little posts on BCT, while being very active everywhere else?
2. How you managed to become an active witness right now (no.17), even without the vote from the Dev?
This is just my curiousity, sure you don't have to answer Smiley. I am just getting some info on potentially one of the main players here Wink

lafona

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 12:01:04 AM

James/Riverhead - Mine.

Do you think the issue was too much inflation or too little? 6 months or so ago the attitude was pretty anti inflation but that seems to have lessened some.
moonstonedac (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 03:46:13 AM

Make sure you add the ID and private signing keys to your config.ini. Otherwise looks swell.

Yes, it's done.
Already placed my id and keys into my config.ini.
Thank You.

i voted for you

moonstonedac (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 04:13:33 AM

i fixed some email issues in the forum https://moonstonedac.com/
also deleted pending registrations
you will need to register again

the birthday is also not required anymore

moonstonedac (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:03:47 AM

1,000,000 XMS Giveaway

The first 50 people to get the Moonstone Trophy will get 20,000 XMS each.
Strictly no spamming.
Strictly no multi accounts.
Any person trying to game the system to get an unfair advantage will get a lifetime ban.

Details of trophies here:
https://moonstonedac.com/help/trophies
https://moonstonedac.com/threads/1-000-000-xms-giveaway.3/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: