Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RESOLVED: Over 36 hours since last communication from bitspend..  (Read 1193 times)
zkay (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 11:59:05 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 01:22:23 AM by zkay

TL;DR I sent bitspend $1150 days before the crash to make an order. The order was funded, but they couldnt manage to order the item I wanted with my coupon. I was going to opt for a btc refund, but instead told them to forget that and to please just get me $1150 in gift cards to the store the item I wanted was from. I have not heard from them at all in 36 hours and I fear that my money is either simply gone, or they'll just tell me they can't do anything for my order because the exchange rate has fallen so much.

UPDATE: In contact with Justin, the CEO of bitspend. Hoping to get this resolved satisfactorily. Will update.

UPDATE: Justin is taking care of this in the best way I could have hoped for. I wish him and his company well. Will update the post when my order is confirmed.

See title. I am wanting to make an order with bitspend, but I have so far written them two emails that have gone unanswered. The item I'm wanting is pretty big ($1k+) and I want the transaction to go as smoothly as possible.

I've now PM'd their account here, and am waiting for a response.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
-zkay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gab1159

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:04:43 AM

Yes, several, and top speed usually.

My partner made a 7,000$ order once, and it went smoothly.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:07:51 AM

Actually just called their support number and got an answer! I guess their whole office staff was out over the weekend sick, and they're all back now going through their order queue.

Going to place an order and hopefully have it paid and ready to go by tomorrow.

Will update.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:40:18 PM

Made the order and got an invoice. Turned around and funded my deposit address with what it asked for. I have not received any sort of confirmation the order went through, though. Is the invoice the only confirmation I'll get?

Called their number again but had to leave a message, only to realize I stupidly forgot to leave the invoice number.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:23:08 PM

I have tried calling twice with no luck, and my emails go unanswered. Tried PM'ing their account here and have gotten no answers. Mildly concerned at this point, just hoping they're just working through their backlog or something.
BitSpend

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 11:29:52 PM

I have tried calling twice with no luck, and my emails go unanswered. Tried PM'ing their account here and have gotten no answers. Mildly concerned at this point, just hoping they're just working through their backlog or something.
We're sorry we're so behind Sad

We are still working to get caught up with all the orders and support emails that started piling up Saturday afternoon.  If you placed an order and paid for it today, it will without a doubt still be placed today on our end and you will get a confirmation email as is normal.  We usually have orders placed within 30 minutes of your payment being confirmed, but we had a backlog of hundreds of orders and emails we're working our tails off to get through.

Some good news, is that we have people here right now interviewing with Justin to fill more customer support and order placement positions, so we can continue to offer the level of support and service our customers have grown accustomed to. 

My sincerest apologies for any delays you have had with your order today, if there is anything I can do please let me know.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:48:20 AM

We are still working to get caught up with all the orders and support emails that started piling up Saturday afternoon.  If you placed an order and paid for it today, it will without a doubt still be placed today on our end and you will get a confirmation email as is normal.  We usually have orders placed within 30 minutes of your payment being confirmed, but we had a backlog of hundreds of orders and emails we're working our tails off to get through.

Some good news, is that we have people here right now interviewing with Justin to fill more customer support and order placement positions, so we can continue to offer the level of support and service our customers have grown accustomed to. 

My sincerest apologies for any delays you have had with your order today, if there is anything I can do please let me know.

Hello

I am sure you guys are trying your best. With all the new influx of users I am sure it's difficult to keep up, and doubly so without proper staffing. Good to know you are filling out your crew, and I look forward to dealing with your company.

I sent you a PM

Thanks.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:07:37 AM

My issue is still not resolved. Sent another salvo of PM, Email, and voicemail. Also added you guys to skype. I have $1100 lost in limbo. I need this addressed ASAP.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:30:07 PM

No answers yet, just bumping the thread. Have received no response. In the latest PM I sent, I asked for someone to please call me from their office so we can get my order taken care of, and left my phone number. We'll see what happens I guess.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:47:01 PM

Bitspend, please for god's sake, put some kind of message up on your website saying orders might take a long time to complete. It would mean a lot to people.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:12:30 PM

Still no word from bitspend.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 07:39:17 PM

Going on 36 hours now, updated OP.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:58:11 AM

Going on 36 hours now, updated OP.

Read this on reddit:

Bitspend as a company has been growing at a rate almost impossible to keep up with. Our requests for support, phone calls, emails, etc., have all gone up by more than 2000% since 10 days ago. Our average response time has gone from 10 minutes, to in some cases 24 hours. We know this is unacceptable, and we are working to fix it.

If you placed an order and it didn't arrive, please let me know so you can get a full BTC refund... and I will use your order to figure out what happened that caused it to not be completed.

If you have been emailing support, and no one has contacted you back, please contact me so I can resolve whatever the issue is.

If your significant other doesn't love you the way they used to, contact me, I cant fix it but I can put you in touch with people who sympathize.

I would like to let all of you know, our service and support are what we pride ourselves on, and unfortunately they have taken a big hit these last few days and over the last week. Tomorrow our new hires start, and will be in the office to begin working on orders and support emails. I vow to continue to grow the Bitspend Team in an effort to maintain the level of support and service we gave all of you initially.

Please forgive us for any inconveniences we may have caused. If you were one of the few effected by a lapse in service, or even an order having issues, please let me know and I will do my best to right any wrongs, fix any mistakes, plug any holes, and any other euphemism that fits here.

Thank You, Justin

Then this in the comments:

Q: I have a question regarding my order, I paid the bitcoins that were suggested at the time and now the conversion rate has went down a huge amount. Am I still fine to get the items I got even though the bitcoins I paid at the time are now not covering the whole cost?

A: We are writing a letter to all those who paid for orders this afternoon.

We as a company understand the risks we take by accepting bitcoins as payment, and we expect small value changes during the time you pay and the time we sell any BTC we need to. However, today's crash is something very unique, and caused such a drastic loss in value that we simply cannot place those orders which were paid for.

We are offering anyone who paid a 100% BTC refund, or the option to hold off for 24/48 hours and see if the market rebounds.

We have taken losses in the past, but these are not losses, these are HUGE gaps in value... and its simply not feasible for us to pay for orders when we only have half the compensation.

Please email justin@bitspend.net for an immediate refund if you paid, and want one.

Hoping they would stick to this, I write justin an email. He replies back with this:

I wanted to confirm to you that I got this email, so you know.   I will be back in the office in a couple hours and promise to you that your order will be the first thing I resolve, and will not do anything else until it is 100% done.

Thanks,
Justin

So, some hope remains. Will update when I hear back.
zkay (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:21:29 AM

Justin says he will make right on the order and it has come out as I had hoped it would. He says he will call me after my item is ordered tomorrow to confirm.

Great response out of a bad situation. Glad they're scaling up their workforce, if BTC is to succeed it definitely needs more Justin's.

Will update to confirm order.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: