Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 02:22:10 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 1693 times)
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:56:36 AM

You do know that is impossible,

Why do you say that?

I wish I could go make java client that would have all my features,

Yeah, replicating the current code exactly in another language like java would not be easy.

but I want a full node. Right now that is impossible to have a full node that is a 100% aligned with the bitcoin-qt

No it isn't.  You just have to use the current codebase.  Then you can add features to that code however you like.

and there no documentation so it even harder.

If documentation is what you want, then create it.

So I am locked into this fork.

Only because you choose to be.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Java, PHP, HTML/CSS Programmer for Hire!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:02:24 AM

Why do you say that?

Yeah, replicating the current code exactly in another language like java would not be easy.

but I want a full node. Right now that is impossible to have a full node that is a 100% aligned with the bitcoin-qt

No it isn't.  You just have to use the current codebase.  Then you can add features to that code however you like.

Many core developers and Mike Hearn

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155476.msg1715356#msg1715356

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:05:57 AM

Why do you say that?

And rather than creating your own documentation, you choose to accept their statements as an excuse to complain.  Regardless, there is nothing preventing you from copying the current codebase and creating your own fork.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:09:18 AM

Why do you say that?

And rather than creating your own documentation, you choose to accept their statements as an excuse to complain.  Regardless, there is nothing preventing you from copying the current codebase and creating your own fork.

I have tried to create my own fork in java, and it didn't go so well, it is too much trial and error. Also i don't know C++ and python as good as they do so copying the current codebase is not an option. Believe me I have done a lot more then just complain I explore so many ways to make the full node more my own and it can only work to a certain part. I think complaining is allowed in this situation.

Want to earn 2500 SATOSHIS per hour? Come Chat and Chill in https://goseemybits.com/lobby
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:14:06 AM

I have tried to create my own fork in java, and it didn't go so well, it is too much trial and error.

Agreed.  It is likely to be very difficult to re-implement bitcoin in another language right now.

Also i don't know C++ and python as good as they do so copying the current codebase is not an option.

Sounds like a great educational opportunity to me.

Believe me I have done a lot more then just complain I explore so many ways to make the full node more my own and it can only work to a certain part. I think complaining is allowed in this situation.

Certainly, you are allowed to do as much complaining as you like.  Just like I get to complain about your complaining.  Wink

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:19:23 AM

I have tried to create my own fork in java, and it didn't go so well, it is too much trial and error.

Agreed.  It is likely to be very difficult to re-implement bitcoin in another language right now.

Also i don't know C++ and python as good as they do so copying the current codebase is not an option.

Sounds like a great educational opportunity to me.

Believe me I have done a lot more then just complain I explore so many ways to make the full node more my own and it can only work to a certain part. I think complaining is allowed in this situation.

Certainly, you are allowed to do as much complaining as you like.  Just like I get to complain about your complaining.  Wink

Yeah after I write code in PHP, then check on my Java trading bot and add somethings to that, I so want to work on learn C++ and python LMAO

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:24:45 AM

Yeah after I write code in PHP, then check on my Java trading bot and add somethings to that, I so want to work on learn C++ and python LMAO

Skip the PHP and the Java trading bot.  Just stick with the C++.

From what I hear you can earn a living programming a bitcoin client in C++.

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 02:27:56 AM

Give me another 20 years I be able to take Gavin spot of lead developer and then I be on the other side and I be recruiting members for the foundation.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:43:27 AM

Give me another 20 years I be able to take Gavin spot of lead developer and then I be on the other side and I be recruiting members for the foundation.

Do that, and I just might joint your organization as a developer.  Grin

alex_fun

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:39:32 PM

Foundation lol a forbes columnist on it. Interesting. Also Mtgox. The people who contributed to btc tanking. I agree with gweedo if someone is not interested they can work at paid gig and contribute a bit in spare time. Gweedo +1

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:48:29 PM

Supporting the foundation is supporting Bitcoin

I'm a lifetime member. I joined to support Gavin's work and to ensure that he gets paid.

The business interests on the board - Mark Karpeles, Charlie Shrem and Peter Vessenes - need to leave the board.
virtualmaster

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:51:51 PM

I just read this interesting post about how Bitcoin being decentralised has these centralised weaknesses:
http://bitcoininsight.com/2013/04/08/bitcoins-emerging-weaknesses/

One thing I keep reading about, and seeing is this, 'Bitcoin Foundation'.

Everytime I see / read 'Bitcoin Foundation', I want to stab my own eyes out. Literally, I hate authority, and the idea of having this one over ruling 'Bitcoun Foundation', with 'Board Members', just makes me want to puke.

Anyone else feel the same way.. . please contribute.
If you like the idea of a monopolistic elite at the top, please add your comments also.
By bitcoin anybody who wants to feel himself important can do it and give himself a cool name.
You can also make with your friends an organization with cool name and call yourself:
Bitcoin President.
Who can stop you to call yourself Bitcoin President and the others to call themselves Bitcoin Foundation board member ?

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.