Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good interview with the CEO of Marinea on Liberty Talk Radio  (Read 309 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 12:07:16 AM

Addresses some good questions and topics in this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiwLOQX1jL4

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 01:15:33 AM

ha ha ha

seems nothing has been learned.
1. SEWERAGE is going to be the big killer of any application to build a seastead in the area this seastead has in mind. (hint: nature reserve)
2. as for farming. the amount of space needed to farm is MORE than living space. i dont think they even thought about the size needed
3. capacity. they want a community but not even thought about parts 1 and 2 to even come to an idea of how many people can live on it.

lol he talking about shops, conference rooms, offices, living space.. but has nothing on paper..
the concept is VAPOUR dream after 3 years of discussing it. and all i end up seeing is they are only interested in investment without building the business plan or thinking beyond the utopia

oh.. and the barge for phase 1.. seems that he doesnt know anything.
at 32 minutes talks about how many people on board. "couple hundred people onboard"

HE WISHES
"this is out restaurant it will seat 50 guests"
as for the sleeping arrangements
14 guest rooms 2 VIP suites
which has been expanded a little, since then
14 large staterooms with full granite bathrooms and double queen beds
4 larger VIP staterooms with balcony access
1 massive “President’s Suite” of close to 1,500 sq feet of living space
Captain’s suite feature two rooms
5 upper deck crew rooms (currently single occupancy with individual bathrooms, can be set up bunk style for double occupancy)
13 lower deck crew rooms (currently single occupancy with individual bathrooms, can be set up bunk style for double occupancy

37 rooms for crew and guests

yea right "its gonna be your home, your living space"... nah, more like a tourist spot with a one night stay

2. its $25m and requires $5m maintenance. their $15m kickstarter wont cut it. it was funny last month i plucked out the $10mill number by deducting the $5m maintenance away from the kickstarter 'ask'.. and suddenly they started talking about the magic $10m as if what the barge can be bought for is $10m.. LOL

again before advertising the utopian dream learn the fundamental limitations
learn what your advertising

lastly.. lets test OP's knowledge.
can the OP name just call out the initials of first name and lastname of the barge's agent that the OP's project manager has talked to, just to see if the OP and his team have even had communications about the barge

its good to have a utopian dream but after 3 years all i see is vapour and no progress, and many inconsistances that show those wanting investment have no clue.
the funny thing. if there was a sound business plan. i would have invested (more then they think). but sorry. no cigar!

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 02:21:16 AM

Just because you guessed at the price does not make it a conspiracy.

Currently listed at $9,950,000
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/Floating-Boutique-Hotel-Barge--2860786/Tampa/FL/United-States

I'm not one to go back and forth on every detail and argue on the Internet as we quote every statement beating our chests to prove who wins the Internet.

If you would like to see the business plan PM me. Like you said, we have been discussing this for almost 3 years. We have been focused solely on this, it's not like we haven't thought about everything having to do with making this successful.

I leave for another stint in Afghanistan in two weeks so I can build up the final bit of money to stop work and focus solely on getting something up and running. I've left loved ones behind and sacrificed a life of leisure so I can make this happen. And it will happen.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: