Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:49:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to Bitcoin  (Read 908 times)
DiscoveryMiner (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 04:22:59 AM

Hello there,

My name is Ashton, but I go by the name Discovery on various websites. I'm new to Bitcoin and I don't understand it entirely yet, and I was hoping there'd be someone who could perhaps help me out.

Things I'm Looking For
  • Understanding of the Bitcoin
  • What equipment would be appropriate for me to use and profit
  • Where to sell Bitcoin
  • Any code and/or technological equipment/abbreviations I should familiarize myself with
  • Anything else that could help me

If anyone could answer any of these, that'd be fantastic! Thanks so much, and have a great day! Cheesy

-DiscoveryMiner
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6720

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2016, 04:53:02 AM

You should read the whitepaper: https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

What are you planning on using it for? What are you trying to do to profit?

Bitcoin is not some magic get-rich-quick scheme, you have to work for it just like any other currency.

• Where to sell Bitcoin
Any Bitcoin exchange will allow you to buy and sell Bitcoin. Most require some form of identity verification in order to sign up though. You should check out https://www.bitstamp.net/ and https://www.kraken.com/, these are two large and popular exchanges, but there are many more.

• Any code and/or technological equipment/abbreviations I should familiarize myself with
Some important words:
  • Mining - the process finding a block whose header hashes to a certain value. Mining includes transactions into blocks, and one of those transactions rewards the miner who produces the block
  • ASIC - Application Specific Integrated Circuit, a special piece of hardware specifically designed for mining. It is much more powerful than CPUs, GPUs, and FPGAs. If you want to mine Bitcoin, you must use an ASIC, otherwise you are wasting your time and electricity
  • Addresses - a human readable string which Bitcoin is "sent" to
  • Wallet - a collection of addresses and their associated private and public keys
  • private key - a cryptographic key that is required to produce a signature that allows you to spend Bitcoin from an address
  • Public key - a cryptographic key derived from the private key that is designed to be shared. This public key is converted into an address, and the address is distributed. Private keys cannot be derived from the public key, and the public key cannot be derived from the address

stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 12:57:02 PM

Hi welcome to the forum. I think this kin of thread really is not necessary. Everything you need to know is available in bitcoin wiki and most importantly you can find it with searching in google. Many people may help you here but you need to look for yourself first before asking. It is much easy to learn in your own ways.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 01:25:20 AM

Hello welcome to the forum,, you will learn a lot of things here about bitcoin.just explore the this forum,dont be shy to ask others  about what you want to know about bitcoin. From earning to selling of bitcoin.
Asahi1991

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 04:54:35 AM

Welcome to the forum guys!

Word of advice, always use escrow when you do any trades. And, always review the feedback of the person you're dealing with. If you see red, then it would be best to avoid.

Take care, and welcome!

Donate: 1DQUCiicj1t4VGSYz4GyMEUEutB5YfkHRd
Seansky

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 08:55:33 AM

Welcome to the forum then. I suggest you look up threads here to learn more things about bitcoin. All the things that you are looking for can be answered here in this whole forum just use the search button since my advice might not be the best way. As a tip of advice, don't waste time on faucet since it's a waste of time. You'll earn low with faucet. Also familiarize yourself with the abbreviation ICO. It means initial coin offering this term might help you in the future if you would ever want to start altcoin trading soon.  Wink
mundang

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:50:02 AM

You came to the right place my friend, in here you will learn all the things you want to know about bitcoin. Just ask about something that you want to know about bitcoin,and im sure all the members here in the forum will help you.
pacifista

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:30:04 AM

Hello there,

My name is Ashton, but I go by the name Discovery on various websites. I'm new to Bitcoin and I don't understand it entirely yet, and I was hoping there'd be someone who could perhaps help me out.

Things I'm Looking For
  • Where to sell Bitcoin
  • Anything else that could help me

If anyone could answer any of these, that'd be fantastic! Thanks so much, and have a great day! Cheesy

-DiscoveryMiner

Somebody already give you what you are looking for, and if you still cant understand ,our friend google is always there to help you 24/7 everyday.
feiss

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 12:24:54 PM

I'm also a new to bitcoin. My suggestion is you must read more about bitcoin. I asked some of my friends who's had experienced of having a bitcoin and I do some research how bitcoin works and what is bitcoin.

animax

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 03:50:58 PM

Word of advice, always use escrow when you do any trades. And, always review the feedback of the person you're dealing with. If you see red, then it would be best to avoid.

Take care, and welcome!

what does escrow means and how to i use it?
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:09:44 PM

Take care, and welcome!

what does escrow means and how to i use it?

Escrow is a person, who will make a deal done between two people, for example if you want to buy some bitcoins from me and you don't believe me that i might run away after getting the payment, so in such cases you hire a person who will hold your money and i will send the bitcoins to you and then when you tell him that you have received the bitcoins then he will give the money to me, the person who does all that is called an Escrow.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: