Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone have an option for remotely powering PSU?  (Read 670 times)
takagari (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 07:38:16 PM

I know you can use the insteon or X10 switching plugs.
But I'd rather switch the 5vdc line for the PSU.
I travel a lot and am looking for something to do this remotely, from anywhere in the world effectively.

Wifi or wired based controller with a web or phone app?

I'm sure guys are doing it. Just trying to trackd own my best choice, and find something I can buy and have delivered quickly.

Lot's of ebay options, but the lack of info and wait time to get it. Is to much.

So let's see what you guys have going? Rasp pi maybe and usb relays?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 08:43:51 PM

I know you can use the insteon or X10 switching plugs.
But I'd rather switch the 5vdc line for the PSU.
I travel a lot and am looking for something to do this remotely, from anywhere in the world effectively.

Wifi or wired based controller with a web or phone app?

I'm sure guys are doing it. Just trying to trackd own my best choice, and find something I can buy and have delivered quickly.

Lot's of ebay options, but the lack of info and wait time to get it. Is to much.

So let's see what you guys have going? Rasp pi maybe and usb relays?
Do a search for RasPi or BeagleBone or Audrio and home automation. You'll find tons of stuff including the relay boards.  I don't use it myself and rarely need to power cycle my miners but - would have come handy at least a couple times...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 11:19:31 PM

I've seen all those, essentially a pc with a usb relay,
I've seen all in one pre setup options. with web ui already in them etc.
Which is what I'm hoping for...
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 12:35:41 AM

Actually, most I came across are driven from the GPIO pins so no USB involved, just buffered relays or what would be even better, opto isolators to toggle the PSU's DC-ON lines. eg http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111851982752?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true
16 channels on that one.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 06:37:22 PM

I've seen those options it's tempting. I'm hoping for something sold by a north american so I can have it sometime int he next 3 weeks lol
A pi may be my only option, but I'm so utterly new to them. I'd need a lot of help Sad
BitaBlue

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:25:32 PM

The best and cheapest solution for you is
Sonoff Pow WiFi Switch With Power Consumption Measurement
You can control on,off, and make timers for the miners remotely through mobile app and also monitoring there power consumption on real time and daily and monthly statistics .. it's very helpful device I use it for my farm .. but unfortunately the manufacturer have no stock right now  .. but you can find it on aliexpress .. Hope it help you
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:07:23 PM

You can control on,off, and make timers for the miners remotely through mobile app and also monitoring there power consumption on real time and daily and monthly statistics .. it's very helpful device I use it for my farm .. but unfortunately the manufacturer have no stock right now  .. but you can find it on aliexpress .. Hope it help you

Those are actually pretty slick devices. and give a temperature of the room? I may give those a try, thank you.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1847

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 02:03:15 AM

If you use boards like mine, you don't need an optoisolator or relay to trip the supply - the external turnon takes an active-high signal (3-20VDC), so it'd work just fine on GPIO from a Pi.

I believe chigieureitor (or however the heck his name is spelled) rigged up a setup like that for his mine in Venezuela.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
BitaBlue

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:41:28 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2016, 08:18:14 AM by BitaBlue

You can control on,off, and make timers for the miners remotely through mobile app and also monitoring there power consumption on real time and daily and monthly statistics .. it's very helpful device I use it for my farm .. but unfortunately the manufacturer have no stock right now  .. but you can find it on aliexpress .. Hope it help you

Those are actually pretty slick devices. and give a temperature of the room? I may give those a try, thank you.
If you  interested in monitoring the room TEMP and controlling cooling system automatically according to room Temp they have also very helpful device
Sonoff TH10/TH16: Temperature And Humidity Monitoring WiFi Smart Switch
Controlled with the same mobile app
takagari (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 05:25:44 PM

looks like I'll just go with a switchable PDU/
Pretty nice little units and will do what I need.
Will need to ensure I can remote access into a pc on my network though.
Unless it offers a web app or some way to access from outside.
BitaBlue

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:39:38 PM

Quote from: takagari
looks like I'll just go with a switchable PDU/
Pretty nice little units and will do what I need.
Will need to ensure I can remote access into a pc on my network though.
Unless it offers a web app or some way to access from outside.

you can control it through the mobile app only .. from anywhere in the world

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: