Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This retard repeatedly bids in auctions just to get paid from his yobit sig.  (Read 791 times)
Decoded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:21:46 PM

This guy (killyou72) has been bidding on things on the collectibles, auctions and goods section, or simply inquiring about them and running off, to steal the meager couple of cents that post pays him.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1709927.msg17133456#msg17133456
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1708369.msg17120767#msg17120767

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Invulner

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Invulner

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:24:45 PM

This guy (killyou72) has been bidding on things on the collectibles, auctions and goods section, or simply inquiring about them and running off, to steal the meager couple of cents that post pays him.

He isn't even supposed to be in the Yobit sig campaign because he has just gotten a newly minted negative trust??? How isn't he out of the Yobit campaign yet? On DT it shows that he has -1 trust rating.

Anyways, he has the right to bid on any item he wants to. However if he is bidding with bitcoins that he doesn't have, then it is definitely his fault.

I would say that killyou offer a signed message as a proof of funds, if he does have the funds then there should be no problems.
Decoded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:37:00 PM

He isn't even supposed to be in the Yobit sig campaign because he has just gotten a newly minted negative trust??? How isn't he out of the Yobit campaign yet? On DT it shows that he has -1 trust rating.

Anyways, he has the right to bid on any item he wants to. However if he is bidding with bitcoins that he doesn't have, then it is definitely his fault.

I would say that killyou offer a signed message as a proof of funds, if he does have the funds then there should be no problems.

In one of the links provided, killyou was contacted via PM to sign a message, but supposedly he was unable to so the bid became invalid.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 10:48:05 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2016, 11:30:36 PM by Huge Black Woman

In my time here, I've aseen plenty of members here doing the same dang thing in the lending thread, reputation, and some a 'tother ones.  Cain't say I visit the collectibles section much, 'cause I don't have a lotta money to spend on such thangs.  People do what they gonna do.  You gonna say I'm spamming this here thread for Secondstrade, but it ain't all about that.  This here forum is a what they call a brain-scratcher and I like a-postin'.

Is that dude hacked?  He reset his email & password recently.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 05:45:41 AM

He was the high bidder on one of my auctions about 18 months ago and he failed to honor his bid, resulting in me having to sell my coin for a lower amount. I left him negative trust for the difference and maybe 4 or so months ago reimbursed me the difference.   

I somewhat got the feeling that he was trying to up his post count. This is not the first time I have seen this kind of behavior (the second highest bidder in that same auction most likely was doing the same thing and does the same thing fairly regularly).

I am not quite sure how to address this problem.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 12:49:10 PM

I'd say make it a requirement to escrow funds before you big but that's just a huge pain in the ass and really all you'll do is punish others and lose customers.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 03:11:43 PM

I'd say make it a requirement to escrow funds before you big but that's just a huge pain in the ass and really all you'll do is punish others and lose customers.
Request a signed message from an address that has enough funds - that should be simple enough. I don't think it will take too much time out of people trying to bid, and it does resolve the issue of false bidders (unless they actually do have the funds and are unwilling to purchase it, which in that case would result in some punishment)

cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:24:22 PM

Request a signed message from an address that has enough funds - that should be simple enough. I don't think it will take too much time out of people trying to bid, and it does resolve the issue of false bidders (unless they actually do have the funds and are unwilling to purchase it, which in that case would result in some punishment)

Well that's what I was thinking but I can see people have asked him to sign messages with the amounts available already. If he choses to just bid, has the money but never pays then you're S.O.L., I guess you could choose case by case.

My question though is, does yobit really pay for a 2 or 3 character post? If so, that's the real issue here. If he knew he wouldn't get paid to post then he'd never make a fake bid in the first place (unless he was just trying to jump the bid on someone...).
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:03:10 PM

I'll just leave this here hahaha. Apparently he's got quite the life outside of cryptocurrencies it seems. Too bad my post got deleted and the thread was locked. It was pretty damn hilarious if I do say so myself. I don't know what to make of this guy. Sold account maybe? I guess it seems like the same person though.
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:12:18 PM

I'll just leave this here hahaha. Apparently he's got quite the life outside of cryptocurrencies it seems. Too bad my post got deleted and the thread was locked. It was pretty damn hilarious if I do say so myself. I don't know what to make of this guy. Sold account maybe? I guess it seems like the same person though.

Heh, nearly all of us who commented in that had our posts deleted Cheesy

That is one very weird thread/posts. If you look at the writing style and use of the English language, it could be argued that it may be a totally different person behind the account now. Personally, I am not sure, nor do I really care, but there is a clear difference if you look at the posts and changes over time.

As for the matter at hand, this user has backed out of 2 auctions recently after they had ended.

One being Crypto Imperators 1/2oz Gold 1 BTC Coin #1, which they won @ 1.5 BTC (plus funding amount of 1 BTC). They did not honour this bid and backed out, because they "didn't want the coin".

Then there is another thread in the Collectibles Section, where they won an auction for 2 Genesis Coins (which are all unfunded by nature).
The proceeds of this auction were going to the Salvation Army, so, a charity. They did not honour that bid either, for reasons that aren't quite clear - as they seem to contradict themselves. Check for yourself. Had they read the thread before making a bid, what they were bidding on was clear as day.

There is another case where they bid 15 BTC on a BTCC Mint Bitcoin Block. They did not win this auction however, so we do not know what would have happened had they done so.

It is pretty clear that this user does not read the entirety of a thread before making bids, which they then have no intentions of honouring because it is not what they were expecting. I have personally asked them to stop doing this, and to read the OP of a thread before making a bid, as this habit is not going unnoticed. It is downright annoying, and when it comes to a charity auction, plain down wrong.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: