Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:40:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHARITY AUCTION] Two Genesis Series 2 Coins Silver#100 & Copper#100  (Read 814 times)
MRBONG411 (OP)

Activity: 639
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:00:47 PM

This auction will be for two 2016 Genesis coins numbered 100. The copper coin has a few noticeable scratches on the coin on the top upper front.

Funds from this auction will be loaded onto a Lealana coin and donated to the Salvation Army. The coin will be dropped into a Salvation Army kettle on December 24th.

The actual coin is a 1 oz Silver Gold-plated 1 BTC Lealana and has 0.327BTC loaded onto it so far from the last Genesis Box raffle.

The coins address is 1BTCA3A5xuN6NoM6STcak3L5nPGE2noAKx if anyone would like to donate.

Auction starts at 0.01BTC and will end December 14th at 10:00PM EST

There will be a 15 minute extension from the last bid placed after the end date to make sure everyone who wants to get their bid in can.

Please make bid increments in 0.001BTC

No reserve and free shipping worldwide.

Countdown for the auction - http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20161214T22&p0=2966&font=cursive

NewkTownTN

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 09:33:17 PM

0.01BTC
This may have been brought up before, but is the Salvation Army savy enough to know what they are getting?
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2016, 09:44:19 PM

0.02 BTC

This may have been brought up before, but is the Salvation Army savy enough to know what they are getting?
Wondering this as well
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:30:06 PM

0.02 BTC

Wondering this as well

Unless they natively accept bitcoins, I feel like you'd be better off turning this into cash. But the gesture is a nice one.

FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:33:19 PM

.07 btc I wish that it was 2 separate actions because I am interested in buying unloaded versions of these if possible or very low denominations  if someone can point me in the right direction
MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 10:35:55 PM

0.01BTC

This has been brought up before and is a very good question. I will be ringing that day so I will make sure the coin is safe in the kettle and I will also let my contact at the SA know there is a special coin in there.

After that it will be up to them to figure it out but I am sure there will be someone there who would maybe know about bitcoin and if not I will let my contact know if they have any questions I would be available.

I was thinking if they auction it off like past gold coins they have gotten I would have no problem letting everyone here who might be interested in bidding on it the contact info.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
December 10, 2016, 11:40:51 PM

0.01BTC

This has been brought up before and is a very good question. I will be ringing that day so I will make sure the coin is safe in the kettle and I will also let my contact at the SA know there is a special coin in there.

After that it will be up to them to figure it out but I am sure there will be someone there who would maybe know about bitcoin and if not I will let my contact know if they have any questions I would be available.

I was thinking if they auction it off like past gold coins they have gotten I would have no problem letting everyone here who might be interested in bidding on it the contact info.

Cool, thanks for the update. I remember I thought you mentioned something about smoothie lasering something special on the coin's holo - is that still the plan? Sounds cool on the auction, too, thanks again! Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 12:47:46 AM

0.01BTC

Cool, thanks for the update. I remember I thought you mentioned something about smoothie lasering something special on the coin's holo - is that still the plan? Sounds cool on the auction, too, thanks again! Smiley

Right now it has 2016 SA lasered onto it and if it will fit might have it lasered community funded also.

Smoothie has the coin right now and I want to try to get it funded to 1BTC or more before he sends it off to me.

Going to try to list some other auctions and raffles soon.

MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 05:16:07 PM

.07 btc I wish that it was 2 separate actions because I am interested in buying unloaded versions of these if possible or very low denominations  if someone can point me in the right direction

I think this is the highest bid but wanted to be clear about the contents of this auction. This auction is for the two Genesis coins only. The Lealana coin mentioned is being donated to the Salvation Army in one of their kettles on December 24th.

MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 05:36:09 PM

For those that might be unaware of what the Salvation Army Red Kettle Campaign is I will try to explain. Each year we stand out in front of stores and businesses and ask for people to donate their change to the community. The funds are then kept in the community where they are raised to help the less fortunate at Christmas but also to fund many programs throughout the year. Some of these programs include a womens shelter, dental services, addiction services and Sallys Cafe in Ft. Myers where they serve a hot meal every evening for the homeless. The money raised from the holiday kettle campaign has to be stretched throughout the year and with less people using actual money nowadays it gets harder and harder to reach the goal.

This is my 9th year as a bell ringer and one thing I have noticed is the Salvation Army is very hesitant to adopt new ways to collect and I feel this is where Bitcoin and possibly in the future other alt coins can come into play.

Sometimes we hear bad things about Bitcoin so I am hoping this will help bring a positive light to Bitcoin and also raise some much needed funds for the organization.

If anyone just wants to donate some change or even a dollar or two here is the address for the coin.

1BTCA3A5xuN6NoM6STcak3L5nPGE2noAKx

MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:27:11 PM

About 9 hours left.

I will be bell ringing tonight but should be home by 10PM EST.

MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:44:11 AM

Killyou72 is the winner.

Thanks for the bid and thanks to the person who donated.

MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:14:21 AM

I guess there was a misunderstanding with the auction and the high bidder had thought he was bidding on something else and is not interested now.

Not sure what to do as this never happened before but I guess I will continue the auction until Friday at 10PM if that is ok?

I think the high bid is currently at 0.02BTC

FFrankie

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:20:34 PM

Boy Did my trust take a beating and reach the point of no return from this. .04 btc
Liad.Services

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:37:25 PM

Boy Did my trust take a beating and reach the point of no return from this. .04 btc
lol.
I just can't understand you.

You came here, had a bid of .07 going, after seeing that no one want to bid higher then you , you simply withdraw your bid with the excuse of "thought the auction was on something else"

And after getting a negative feedback for that you decided to bid on this again, but now a lower amount then you bid at the last time.

I really hope that your negative trust will not be removed and if it is, I will add my neg trust inside, as you simply deserve it.

God, it's a charity auction, it goes as a donation, you shouldn't behave like that.

It's OK to cancel bids as long as you do it once at a few weeks max, but it seems like you are just canceling a lot more.
FFrankie

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:41:33 PM

lol.

You came here, had a bid of .07 going, after seeing that no one want to bid higher then you , you simply withdraw your bid with the excuse of "thought the auction was on something else"

And after getting a negative feedback for that you decided to bid on this again, but now a lower amount then you bid at the last time.

I really hope that your trust will not remove and if it will I will add my neg trust inside.

God, it's a charity auction, it goes as a donation, you shouldn't behave like that.

It's OK to cancel bids as long as you do it once at a few weeks max, but it seems like you are just canceling a lot more.

Ive never seen nor heard of Lauda removing negative trust.

I cancel two bids in a year and that equates to being put in the red?

Anyone can clearly see that I thought these coins were funded by my comment "I wish these came unfunded"
MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:10:31 PM

lol.

I really hope that your trust will not remove and if it will I will add my neg trust inside.

Ive never seen nor heard of Lauda removing negative trust.

I cancel two bids in a year and that equates to being put in the red?

Anyone can clearly see that I thought these coins were funded by my comment "I wish these came unfunded"

killyou72 contacted me right after and explained how he misunderstood the auction and even wanted to make a donation because of the error.

I told him mistakes happen and asked him to hold off because I was going to maybe try and list some more things in some raffles and he could donate that way.

I think killyou72 is an honest guy and hope the trust will be fixed.

Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:19:28 PM

killyou72 contacted me right after and explained how he misunderstood the auction and even wanted to make a donation because of the error.

I told him mistakes happen and asked him to hold off because I was going to maybe try and list some more things in some raffles and he could donate that way.

I think killyou72 is an honest guy and hope the trust will be fixed.

They may be honest, but they are clearly not reading the threads before bidding on items. The withdrawal of the bid here is not the only one that has happened recently, they backed out of their 1.5 BTC bid for CI's Gold Coin as well.

People need to take responsibility for their actions. If you make a bid on an item and win, you should honour it. If the same thing happens more than once, then it starts to get annoying, as these things affect everyone else who is bidding. Seeing them do this in a charity auction is especially wrong, in my eyes anyway. I appreciate that you are okay with the situation, so no worries, but this user needs to read the entirety of a thread before placing bids they will later retract.

Sorry for the derail MRBONG411, that's all I have to say.

Good luck Smiley

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
FFrankie

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 06:14:56 PM

Date: 12/20/2016 13:13
To: 1BTCA3A5xuN6NoM6STcak3L5nPGE2noAKx
Debit: -0.04000000 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.00009839 BTC
Net amount: -0.04009839 BTC
Transaction ID: 91046af2082db036d232387a1a7dabe8de8c6281d3d99d98f96c0d64bfc01c92-000

I paid I will PM you my shipping info now
MRBONG411 (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 08:13:52 PM

Oh cool thanks. Will get the coins out in the mail to you before Christmas.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: