Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:04:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fando01, SCAMMER (confirmed)  (Read 717 times)
monbux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 03:01:27 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 06:20:32 PM by monbux

EDIT:

It has been almost a week since the initial trade and fando01 has failed to even log on to bitcointalk.  It's safe to say that s/he had the intention of scamming.

I was escrowing a trade for pascal coins between user fando01 (seller) and pterion2910 (buyer)

User fando01 seems to have tried scamming for 0.5 BTC through an elaborate scam where the buyer account was hacked, credentials unchanged until the unsusceptible buyer sent the bitcoins to the escrow address.  After that, the buyer's credentials were changed and the buyer immediately messaged me on a separate account claiming that his account was hacked. I held the bitcoins and asked the seller to provide me a link on the blockchain for the transaction of 111,111 pascal coins.  The seller claimed that it just wasn't showing up and he didn't know why.  I also asked for a picture of his pascalcoin wallet and his username on a piece of paper with the transaction visible, in which he sent a screenshot of the wallet with no 111,111 transaction visible, claiming "having trouble with wallet now. "

fando01 seems unstable (like all scammers), and a very elaborate scammer.  Be very careful when dealing with this user.  Countless namecalling and insults, along with the very frequent message to me "you scammed me scammer".  Explosive, annoying, spammy, and scammy user.  I tried to be professional but the countless name-calling and rudeness didn't help.

There were 3 pages worth of PM's I've received in this trade, but I think only 1 message chain is needed.  Most of it was fando01 accusing me of scamming and working with the buyer.

hello, our agreed price is 450 satoshi per pascal, hes spending 0.5 btc if this is correct please respond here

I agree to this.
Are we ready to go?
 waiting for monbux
I can verify the transaction for pascal once sent, correct?
http://explorer.pascalcoin.org/

Also, the escrow address is: 13a3yUNNdWaDJLAZr6MCAfe6HfyJnTAqz7

So he will send the money to ur escrow address and after u confirmed u recieved it i can send the pascal to his address

Once escrow confirms 0.5 has reached in the escrow address(I will incude transaction fee too),Fando will send me 111111 pascalcoins.Once Escrow connfirms pascalcoins have been sent to me,he will release the BTC fund.

Fando, please confirm.  We can only go ahead with this trade IF THE TRANSACTION FOR THE PASCALCOINS IS PUBLICALLY VERIFIABLE.

ok

Fando please say if the transcation of pascalcoin is publically verifiable before we go to the next step.

yes of course , also i dont understand what means with ''Once Escrow connfirms pascalcoins have been sent to me,he will release the BTC fund.'' is it not enough if just pterion confirms it? what if something wrong happen with the block?
It will be enough if the buyer confirms it.
If the buyer doesn't, the escrow (me) will verify the transaction on the blockchain.

please pterion send me the address for pascalcoin thanks

PAYMENT ID
51e980fd94d54741fd2d88c56309e2aaea03165a25d15371228c233cd85835b5

BASE ADDRESS
143351-30

It is a cryptopia exchange wallet address.
ok,i will send 111111 pascalcoins to this address, please confirm here once you've seen the transaction, regards
Where is the public transaction for the 111111 pascalcoins being sent?

http://explorer.pascalcoin.org/findoperation.php?ophash=51e980fd94d54741fd2d88c56309e2aaea03165a25d15371228c233cd85835b5

why is this??

i am going to make an accusation about this, you know how sketchy you both are right now?
I see no transaction at that link.  And I have no affiliation with that user.

Feel free to create a scam accusation.  Or you can be cooperative and we can work this out.  pterion2910's trust shows that his account was indeed changed in terms of password and email. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=161896

I have responded to the user who claims his account was hacked during the transaction and will ask for sufficient proof.  

HE EVEN CONFIRMED HE GOT THE PAYMENT ON HIS ACCOUNT!

you are obiligiate to release the bitcoins no matter what, its not my fualt if he got hacked or anything.

AGAIN, send me the transaction link for the 111111 pascal coins being sent to his account.

i have no idea why it doesnt show up this is his address: 51e980fd94d54741fd2d88c56309e2aaea03165a25d15371228c233cd85835b5

he didnt use the main wallet which is another thing , i just got fucked !!!
What do you mean you have no idea why it doesn't show up?
There are only 2 possible reasons why:

- You didn't send it
- Something is wrong with the actual coin/blockchain/website

me waiting 30 mins for a respond was not enough but now you both are trying to pull this bs on me?

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  I guess you REALLY don't want to cooperate? Roll Eyes

https://blockchain.info/sv/address/13a3yUNNdWaDJLAZr6MCAfe6HfyJnTAqz7

the bitcoins are not held in escrow any longer, you scammed me ?
I think you are actually trying to scam the other user.
And no, the bicoins are still there but got moved (mytrezor automatically moves it).
I will move the bitcoins back if need be but it shouldn't really matter.

im not going to get the bitcoins , thanks for scamming me
Are you going to comply or not?  I'm trying to mediate the dispute but you are making it very hard to do so.

Again, Can you take a picture with of your pascalcoin wallet and your username on a piece of paper with the transaction visible?
having trouble with wallet now. https://gyazo.com/8b9bd63256c731ec0acd95a58195371c
So the transaction doesn't show up on your wallet either?  How can one verify that the transaction was ever sent then?

you stated in the post that once the guy confirms he got the payment you WILL release the bitcoin no matter what, in this scenario you scammed me, doesnt matter what happen afterwards once he confirms it you are obilgiate to send me my bitcoins
Feel free to use that statement against me but I feel that I have just prevented an elaborate scam.
You have no proof that you ever sent the transaction.  

go ahead and scam me, do it

If the buyer is telling the truth, I would be far from surprised.  The buyer's account (after sending the bitcoins) seemed to be writing with a different style.  His account also shows that his email was recently changed and password reset.
The buyer who claimed his account had gotten hacked is now using the username babunadeshan and has show sufficient evidence for me to be suspicious of what fando01 is trying to do.

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

Hellow monbux,
I have not yet received the pascalcoins.
Sorry for the delay to reply as my messaging limit is limited to 5 per hour.

I had sent the bitcoins from bittrex account.

I am attaching the transaction screesnhot of it..

I am also attaching a screenshow of the inbox of my email pterion2910@gmail.com in which i got the notifications for the PM i was receveing in connection with our conversation..

http://imgur.com/a/eDirE
http://imgur.com/a/OrolO

I think this is actually the first scam accusation I've created, and it's actually quite unique, an escrow creating a scam accusation, lol.  But I feel that I handled the situation appropirately, the bitcoins are still in possesion and will be returned to the buyer if the seller still decides to be uncooperative.

Since it is the first accusation I've written, please feel free to request additional info.  Sorry that it's so messy.  Probably spelling errors everywhere. The probable scammer didn't get his BTC but he did manage to ruin my Saturday evening and give me a headache :-/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 03:02:06 AM

reserved for more

Buyer seemed to have a different writing style once the bitcoins were sent.  He CONFIRMED before the seller had even sent a PM saying that the transaction was sent.  Added to my suspicion that the buyer was actually telling the truth.
***ONLY MOST RECENT MESSAGE (BOTTOM ONE) OF EACH QUOTE CHAIN IS THE ONE TO READ***

hello, our agreed price is 450 satoshi per pascal, hes spending 0.5 btc if this is correct please respond here

I agree to this.
Are we ready to go?
 waiting for monbux

So he will send the money to ur escrow address and after u confirmed u recieved it i can send the pascal to his address

Once escrow confirms 0.5 has reached in the escrow address(I will incude transaction fee too),Fando will send me 111111 pascalcoins.Once Escrow connfirms pascalcoins have been sent to me,he will release the BTC fund.

Fando, please confirm.  We can only go ahead with this trade IF THE TRANSACTION FOR THE PASCALCOINS IS PUBLICALLY VERIFIABLE.

ok

Fando please say if the transcation of pascalcoin is publically verifiable before we go to the next step.

yes of course , also i dont understand what means with ''Once Escrow connfirms pascalcoins have been sent to me,he will release the BTC fund.'' is it not enough if just pterion confirms it? what if something wrong happen with the block?
If the buyer doesn't, the escrow (me) will verify the transaction on the blockchain.

PAYMENT ID

BASE ADDRESS
143351-30

ok,i will send 111111 pascalcoins to this address, please confirm here once you've seen the transaction, regards

Alright.Once it has been received,I will confirm

I agree to this.
Are we ready to go?
 waiting for monbux

Fando, please confirm.  We can only go ahead with this trade IF THE TRANSACTION FOR THE PASCALCOINS IS PUBLICALLY VERIFIABLE.

ok

PAYMENT ID

BASE ADDRESS
143351-30

I can confirm the transaction has been received, thanks for the smooth deal.

I agree to this.
Are we ready to go?
 waiting for monbux

ok

PAYMENT ID

BASE ADDRESS
143351-30

Alright.Once it has been received,I will confirm

payment sent,please confirm

I agree to this.
Are we ready to go?
 waiting for monbux

ok

PAYMENT ID

BASE ADDRESS
143351-30

thanks for the confirmation

I agree to this.
Are we ready to go?
 waiting for monbux

ok

PAYMENT ID

BASE ADDRESS
143351-30

the btc can be sent here: 1Cf2pPgdN8hH8TWVdyNBQ4RnAcHGWrGknf

I agree to this.
Are we ready to go?
 waiting for monbux

ok

PAYMENT ID

BASE ADDRESS
143351-30

i still have not recived my bitcoins from monbux

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

In betweeen,it looks like my account got hacked.

WTF

hello, you still have not sent me my bitcoin?

1Cf2pPgdN8hH8TWVdyNBQ4RnAcHGWrGknf

u scammed?

Amidst the transaction of pascalcoin escrow,my bitcointalk account looks like got hacked.My email address is also changed  Sad  My bitcointalk handle is not accessible now. Sad

Please help me now. Sad

I have not yet receved the pascalcoins

wtf? are you two in on this together? you both go away for 30 mins and he make claims he is 'hacked' Huh
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:43:35 AM

Damn, this is quite elaborate. Well done for catching it.

Have tagged fando01. He is most welcome to respond here proving his innocence.. with sufficient proof, and I will remove it.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 01:27:17 PM

Haven't read the thread, but noticed this almost right after he tweeted:

Source: https://twitter.com/pterion2910/status/808071377936928768

monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 03:24:42 AM

Have tagged fando01. He is most welcome to respond here proving his innocence.. with sufficient proof, and I will remove it.

Thanks, and I doubt it, I think he ran

Haven't read the thread, but noticed this almost right after he tweeted:

Source: https://twitter.com/pterion2910/status/808071377936928768

Yup, and the buyer and I have been in constant communication.  I am releasing the BTC back to him now after he confirms his address.
Just shows that even with escrow, transactions are not fully secure.  Props to pterion2910 for taking action quickly.
DyatrevAlt

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:00:38 AM

so fando01 hacked pterion2910's password and waited till trade agrement and after he said coin send he changed pterion2910's info and wrote "i got coins release btc to fando01" in place of pterion2910 ?
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:01:58 AM

Heh, I doubt it as well. I think he would have said something by now if he was innocent.. Roll Eyes

Yup, and the buyer and I have been in constant communication.  I am releasing the BTC back to him now after he confirms his address.
Just shows that even with escrow, transactions are not fully secure.  Props to pterion2910 for taking action quickly.

I would say props to both of you. fando01 tried hard with this one, and nearly got away with it as well.

so fando01 hacked pterion2910's password and waited till trade agrement and after he said coin send he changed pterion2910's info and wrote "i got coins release btc to fando01" in place of pterion2910 ?

Yup, in a nutshell, that is what happened.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 06:19:30 PM

Heh, I doubt it as well. I think he would have said something by now if he was innocent.. Roll Eyes

I would say props to both of you. fando01 tried hard with this one, and nearly got away with it as well.

Yup, in a nutshell, that is what happened.
Thanks, and it looks like fando01 ran for sure and is now a confirmed scammer.  I'll change the title and probably close the thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: