Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:27:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Micro-earnings discussion] XAPO?  (Read 670 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:34:18 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2016, 09:23:45 AM by mexicantarget

I've never used XAPO as a faucet user/faucet owner or privately.

My question is:

Why do micro-earnings users use/like XAPO?

EDIT:
Here's my input:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1711936.msg17157705#msg17157705

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 08:38:07 PM

My question is:

1. Instant micro payments from faucet, so no need to wait for threshold

2. Instant btc transfers among Xapo faucet users, no need to wait for confirmations

3. You can order xapo debit card and spend your bitcoins anyway u want.

These are first things i could come up with. Hope it helps.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 08:44:39 PM

I started used XAPO more than a year ago and at that time you received bonus for some faucets if you used XAPO for withdraw. Also there were some games(wheel of Bitcoins http://www.play4bits.com) in the past that payed good amounts of satoshi but they accepted only XAPO and no other wallets. The big plus about XAPO is that you receive each claim almost instantly in your wallet something other wallets don't offer. The transaction fees are also paid by XAPO for each transaction you do. Also ordered a XAPO debit card so I can exchange it in cash in almost every ATM.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 08:49:15 PM

My question is:

2. Instant btc transfers among Xapo faucet users, no need to wait for confirmations

With xapo i can send without fees to other wallets and dust does not exist for me.

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:15:07 PM

My question is:

With xapo i can send without fees to other wallets and dust does not exist for me.

Perhaps this is the most advantageous feature that has lead me to prefer my xapo account to carry out my daily transactions. I have been a Xapo client for over a year and I have never faced any problem despite the bad reputation that this bitcoin wallet has among some forumers.
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:18:24 PM

My question is:

there is only one and very simple answer !!!

THEY HAVE NO FEES !!!! THEY COVER ALL YOUR FEES !!!

kind regards
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 09:39:44 PM

You all know coinbase users, are now going to be subject to IRS investigations.
USA at the moment, but what next, the rest of the world?
Xapo will be next in line, they will give up all your information up to the tax investigators.

Will you not learn that Xapo is not decentralized, bitcoin is.

And its gone.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 10:40:53 PM

As others said, users like Xapo, because transactions are free.
Best thing of Xapo faucets that satoshi is instantly send to wallet without any treshold and using of micropayments services.
I use Xapo, but there are some thing what I don't like. They can ask users to send their ID for account verification.
And mostly Xapo faucets have annoying thing: in our referral links our email address is showed instead of bitcoin address or faucet user id code.

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:47:40 PM

Can't speak to why faucet owners like Xapo.  A lot of them apparently don't, because faucetbox and the like are huge.

When I do faucets (not very often), I now use the Xapo ones.  It's easier on my phone, I think.  Currently the minimum for withdrawal is 5500 sat.  Not too bad.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 08:10:03 AM

As others said, users like Xapo, because transactions are free.
Best thing of Xapo faucets that satoshi is instantly send to wallet without any treshold and using of micropayments services.
I use Xapo, but there are some thing what I don't like. They can ask users to send their ID for account verification.
And mostly Xapo faucets have annoying thing: in our referral links our email address is showed instead of bitcoin address or faucet user id code.

My email address is know by all users or visitors of winspiral.com and winspiral.net

You can do an address specially for xapo.
Ok...if you are a scammer...better not use xapo...(lol)

alfaboy23

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 08:43:43 AM

My question is:

IMO, users don't really like xapo or even know that xapo is not decentralized (most of users didn't care), they just use xapo to claim on xapo faucets, as long as it involves bitcoin/income/money, they will use it.

I think the better question is: Why some of faucet owners use Xapo?
My answer to that question is: No fees on funding and dispensing. I don't care if Xapo is not decentralized because I'm just using it for my faucet, nothing special and I'm using e-mail that doesn't involved my personal details.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:03:03 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2016, 09:25:35 AM by mexicantarget

I like the feedback this thread is getting.

I'll be straight. I'm against XAPO.

Things I've heard/know about it are:

What I don't like about XAPO:

You need to give: Passport/Telephone info & DNA sample. (fact, except DNA part.)
They're against bitcoin's ideology. You're not anonymous, nor there's decentralization. (fact)
They're not a wallet only, but a bitcoin -BANK-. Bitcoin is supposed to be against banks and decentralization, right? (fact)
Xapo has been described by The Wall Street Journal as the Fort Knox of bitcoin storage.

How do banks make money? They make money with -your- money which is in their system.

XAPO ADVISORS:

LAWRENCE H. SUMMERS
Lawrence H. Summers was the Secretary of the Treasury under President Bill Clinton, and continues to be one of the leading economic and policy thinkers of our time. “Until now whenever we’ve needed to transfer money we’ve had to rely on a third party, whether it be a bank, a clearing house or a payment network. Bitcoin offers, for the first time, a method for transferring value and making payments from anywhere to anywhere, in real-time, without any intermediary. This could mean we soon see many billions of people sending bitcoin everyday as easily as they currently send a text message.”

DEE HOCK
Dee Hock is the founder of Visa, and is responsible for effectively creating payment systems as we know them today. “Bitcoin represents not only the future of payments but also the future of governance,” Mr. Hock said. “We live in the 21st century but are still using command and control organizational structures from the 16th century. Bitcoin is one of the best examples of how a decentralized, peer-to-peer organization can solve problems that these dated organizations cannot. Like the Internet, Bitcoin is not owned or controlled by any one entity, so it presents incredible opportunities for new levels of efficiency and transparency in financial transactions.”

JOHN REED
John Reed was formerly the Chairman & CEO of Citibank, and was responsible for growing Citibank into the world’s first truly global financial franchise. Under Mr. Reed’s leadership Citibank developed the modern ATM and helped redefine the modern retail banking experience. “Financial services have remained largely untouched by the digital revolution,” says Mr. Reed. “Bitcoin represents a real opportunity for changing that. Money at its core is simply a ledger for keeping track of debts and Bitcoin is truly the best iteration of a universal ledger we’ve ever seen. The mere fact that there will never be more than 21 million bitcoins and that each bitcoin can be divided into 100 million units makes it a significant improvement on any historical form of currency.”

Their approach back in 2014 if I remember correctly, when they contacted faucet owners (including me, and I declined their offer) was:
Bring a member, get 5k satoshi per user.  (fact)

They were giving 5k satoshi for -your private info-. Is that how much your info is worth? 5k satoshi? (fact)
We're all products on the internet, no matter what we do or who we are. (fact)
Valuing your own privacy must be on top of your head. (MUST)

What I like about XAPO:

1-2 years ago, when the US authorities went after them, they managed to move their entire operation from the US to Switzerland in about 24 hours.
That takes b4lls and a lot of money & nerves.
From the business/corporation prospective, kudos.

Debt card. That's a huge plus for everyone who feels comfortable having a bank account and withdrawing his BTC to his local currency. Good, or bad guy(s).

You can send BTC with just an e-mail address, but you have to be registered on their platform. Hm, this is good & bad, but I'm putting it in the good side, since bitcoin isn't a mainstream currency/commodity/(whatever_it_is_to_you) and it makes it easier for people to use it.

There's more things, but anyway. Don't want to open debates with people who're using the service, since they know more than I do. This is just my personal, humble opinion. If I am wrong, or you think I am wrong, I apologize in advance.
5ub_zer0

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:25:47 AM

You're not anonymous, nor there's decentralization. (fact)

If you want to be anonymous and untraceable (without using a mixer everytime) you dont have to use bitcoin you have to switch to XMR (monero).

anyway i like xapo
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 09:29:47 AM

If you want to be anonymous and untraceable (without using a mixer everytime) you dont have to use bitcoin you have to switch to XMR (monero).

anyway i like xapo
It's not about which coin is anonymous and which isn't. Bitcoin isn't anonymous, it can be tracked.
That's not the point of this thread though.

Like I said, there's good and there's bad things about XAPO. I respect everyone's opinion, either they use or don't use it.

EDIT: Regarding anon coins. Check ZEC if you haven't. I was waiting for its launch for near 3 years Smiley
wnj4

Activity: 660
Merit: 350

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 12:02:10 PM

My question is:

IMO, users don't really like xapo or even know that xapo is not decentralized (most of users didn't care), they just use xapo to claim on xapo faucets, as long as it involves bitcoin/income/money, they will use it.

I think the better question is: Why some of faucet owners use Xapo?
My answer to that question is: No fees on funding and dispensing. I don't care if Xapo is not decentralized because I'm just using it for my faucet, nothing special and I'm using e-mail that doesn't involved my personal details.

Me too I didn't like to use this service for pravic mater.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2016, 12:11:56 PM

anyway i like xapo

Good point. Xapo is the best wallet for daily use of bitcoin. I don`t think anyone is stupid enough to keep a fortune in any online wallet service. Are you looking for maximum anonymity, there are options for that. XMR, mixers, cold storage...

superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 08:46:32 AM

EDIT: Regarding anon coins. Check ZEC if you haven't. I was waiting for its launch for near 3 years Smiley

How many ZEC you have? Smiley  Did you catch the start when 1 ZEC was 2500$? 
On topic: I have a Xapo account, but I don't use it  (I don't even remember the login details)  Smiley

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:54:13 AM

On topic: I have a Xapo account, but I don't use it  (I don't even remember the login details)  Smiley
I actually made a profit of $890 from the launch in 2 days. Wasn't a bad R:R Smiley
alamin99

Activity: 1078
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:58:01 AM

Same for me. Grin Cheesy
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 08:59:25 AM

I actually made a profit of $890 from the launch in 2 days. Wasn't a bad R:R Smiley

Not bad Smiley
I made just 200$.  I used 4 Microsoft Azure accounts to mine (CPU) but I lost a lot of time to setup the wallet, the programs (I'm not a Linux genius).
Do you still mine? I see the price is arround 50$ now.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: