Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:44:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Mining Calculator with Live Data and Responsive Profit Graph  (Read 1999 times)
BChydro (OP)

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 10:54:17 PM

Hello Everyone,

I was a bit annoyed with the existing Ethereum Mining Calculators because they often use old data and they work terribly on a phone or a table. So I built a mobile-friendly calculator with a responsive profitability graph.

The calculator's back-end streams price and network statistics live and pushes the data to the calculator whenever there is a change, so you know the data is always fresh, no need to refresh the page!

Please have a look and tell me what you think:

http://karldiab.com/EthereumMiningCalculator/

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 11:55:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

I was a bit annoyed with the existing Ethereum Mining Calculators because they often use old data and they work terribly on a phone or a table. So I built a mobile-friendly calculator with a responsive profitability graph.

The calculator's back-end streams price and network statistics live and pushes the data to the calculator whenever there is a change, so you know the data is always fresh, no need to refresh the page!

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks!

Good job dude.
Thats a good projection for next 6 months. Definitely it will help people to judge their ROI much better.

One question:
How did you come up with the 22Trillion/month increase value for increased difficulty?

Btw can you show your BTC current difficulty as PH/s rather than a gigantic number. Might be helpful to use scientific notation so your field size can remain constant
lh82525611

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 02:02:54 AM

Good job dude.
Thats a good projection for next 6 months. Definitely it will help people to judge their ROI much better.  Grin
BChydro (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 03:42:24 AM

Hello Everyone,

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks!

Good job dude.
Thats a good projection for next 6 months. Definitely it will help people to judge their ROI much better.

One question:
How did you come up with the 22Trillion/month increase value for increased difficulty?

Btw can you show your BTC current difficulty as PH/s rather than a gigantic number. Might be helpful to use scientific notation so your field size can remain constant
Thanks a lot!

To get that value the back end fetches a block from exactly 30 days ago and compares the difficulty to the current difficulty.

"Btw can you show your BTC current difficulty as PH/s rather than a gigantic number. Might be helpful to use scientific notation so your field size can remain constant"

Yes it definitely can. To be honest the BTC calculator has gone completely unloved because I don't mine bitcoins anymore, but since you asked I'll make that change tonight
Misfire

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:30:40 AM

I noticed ETC and ZCL doesnt have live stats
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 04:31:03 AM

Excellent calculator,  the live updates and the charts are really nice.
BChydro (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 08:00:51 AM

I noticed ETC and ZCL doesnt have live stats
Those two are ready to go in the back end, should have them using live data by tomorrow. Decided I had enough coding for one weekend :p

@mojoxc Thanks!
indika

Activity: 489

View Profile
December 12, 2016, 05:29:34 PM

thanks for info,nice calculater on that site with good graphs tfs
BChydro (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:33:58 AM

Thank you sir Smiley

@Misfire the ETC and ZCL calculators now have live stats!
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 03:17:09 PM

Hello Everyone,

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks!

Good job dude.

One question:

are you updating the code right now?
Some of the coins have upto monthly estimates, some of those have uotp yearly estimates. You might want to even it out so that everything shows same duration of expected profits.  
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2016, 03:51:09 PM

Great Tools for the mining community , good job , well done !

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Misfire

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 04:26:03 PM

Thank you sir Smiley

@Misfire the ETC and ZCL calculators now have live stats!

Fantastic!!
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 12:38:01 AM

Definitely adding to my bookmarks, very nice job.
Keep it alive mate. Also I've seen your other projects on your website.
You're really skillful.

This is my signature...
Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:52:29 AM

excellent work.

may i suggest to set default pool fee to 1% ?
mikhan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 05:29:25 AM

i would suggest a whattomine like page with all supported coins and hashrates calculator, so i could compare profits in one place
natashanatsy

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 10:50:03 AM

Hello Everyone,

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks!

You did a great job there. I really need this to calculate my profit.
BChydro (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:22:11 PM

i would suggest a whattomine like page with all supported coins and hashrates calculator, so i could compare profits in one place
That's actually what I'm working on next, it's in the pipeline! Smiley

@Subw Yeah that would be more realistic, I'll put that in my next update.

@mirny Thanks! That's all my old stuff I made when I was first learning JS, I've got way better stuff coming Wink
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:43:41 PM

Hello Everyone,

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks!

This is very nice, great job.
forato

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 12:35:37 AM

Hello Everyone,

Suggestions welcome,

Thanks!

This is very nice, great job.

Great job +1
melloyellow

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:17:11 AM

Your old ethereum calculator was always the best.

Can you change how the Pool Fees are displayed to the fee being taken out in the currency being mined instead of the fiat currency?  I think a lot of people use calculators to see if the pool is paying what it should be paying and that would definitely help.  Also maybe a Miner fee could be something to add now that you added other coin calculators where the majority of people are using miner programs that have a fee associated with them.  Of course one could just add it to the Pool Fee but it would be nice to see it in its own column. 

So for example I think the columns should be (using Eth)

Period / Gross ETH / Miner Fee (ETH) / Pool Fee (ETH) / Net ETH / Net USD / Power Cost (USD) / Profit (USD)

I don't maybe I'm making it more complicated but that seems more like the natural flow of information a miner is looking for.

Really looking forward to see what you have in store.  Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: