Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: {Solved} MtGox Missing Withdraw!!!  (Read 1409 times)
Stocker (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:38:54 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2011, 02:43:29 AM by Stocker

I made a withdraw on 6/6/2011 and it still hasn't been processed. I have contacted via email and was replied to (after 3 days) saying that they would look into it. I patiently waited and on 6/11/2011 I emailed again. This time I got an automated zendesk reply. Well, my help request has been up for 4 days on zendesk and Im just wondering how much longer I'll have to wait?

My zendesk request is: #246

All the info regarding the transaction is posted there. So far its been 8 days and counting. Please help me get this resolved!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stocker (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 03:20:57 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2011, 03:35:33 PM by Stocker

Wow today the request I put in (5 days ago) has been updated with Solved status. I still dont have my money, what was solved?

EDIT: I just now received an email stating this:

Hello,
We've been hearing reports of this and believe it is because our servers have been under heavy load. We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience or frustrations this may have caused you.

It seems to me this is just an automated email probably sent to every request that has been pending for more than 5 days. I still have not talked to a real live person, or even been given any explanation as to what exactly they are doing to fix the problem.
Stocker (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 03:37:43 AM

I just received another one of these messages.

Hello,
We've been hearing reports of this and believe it is because our servers have been under heavy load. We are aware of the issue and are doing our best to resolve the problem as soon as possible.
We apologize for any inconvenience or frustrations this may have caused you.

I guess they think spamming us with automated messages will make the situation better.
Stocker (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 04:40:18 AM

Still no money. Just keeping everyone posted Tongue
epi 1:10,000

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 05:15:21 AM

When you login to MtGox did you have any other web sites open?  There has been a lot of Cross-Site Request Forgery Attacks going on.

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18709.0
Stocker (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2011, 11:26:45 PM

I really dont know what would or could have been forged that would interrupt my withdraw. The reference number and amount sent is listed in account history plain as day, the withdraw was made during the time MtGox was claiming Dwolla had changed its API and they werent able to send funds to Dwolla. So, Im guessing that I sent the withdraw and it never arrived at Dwolla but MtGox kept the money removed from my account and has just been stalling instead of resending the withdraw to Dwolla where it should have went in the first place.
Stocker (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 02:45:41 AM

Well I got ahold of MagicalTux on IRC and he got this sorted out for me today. I guess it seems the account number wasnt entered correctly, its possible I made an error, although I normally copy and paste it in as to not make mistakes. So anyone feeling apprehensive about missing withdraws should feel a little easier now.

Thanks go out to MagicalTux for providing fast and effective support.
bitcoinaddict

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 04:19:48 AM

I tried a withdraw to dwolla on 6/5 and am still waiting for my money.  And I won't be using IRC thank you very much.  What's the point of having a support site if the only way to get help is on IRC?

SHould I just get on IRC and complain a lot and try to drive their business away so I can get my money?  I'd rather not have to do that.

https://bitcoinmonkey.com/images/btcmonkey_ub.png
Join https://www.bitcoinmonkey.com mining pool!  0% Fees for life, LP, super low stales, API, SSL (with a real cert!), growing fast!
Stocker (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 06:55:16 AM

You dont have to get on IRC and complain, just login to IRC and click MagicalTux's name in the list and select query, it will let you speak directly to him and only him as far as I can tell. He answered right away.

I agree support through the website is lacking in a major way, but if you want your problem solved quickly then this is the only way I know of.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: