Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:03:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We've hit $200. Don't sell too much... The bitcoin price is about to EXPLODE!!!  (Read 4832 times)
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:26:55 PM

sleep is not gonna work.. must get toothpicks out!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:32:00 PM

I dont' know. Google trends for bitcoin has gone down in recent days. Bitcoin had its headlines in newspapers peaked last week. I guess we will hit top in next couple of weeks if not in next couple of days. Most of the buying is speculative, so guess what will happen afterwards  Cool
blockbet.net

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Admin at blockbet.net

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:36:46 PM

I doubt that the $200 mark will get as much coverage as the $100 mark passed a while ago. I would assume the next big milestone to be $500, or maybe $250.

Bitcoin Sports Betting online at www.blockbet.net, featuring NBA, NHL, UFC, football (soccer) and international competitions. Fast payouts directly to your wallet, great win odds, no need to register or deposit. Bet in just a few clicks now!
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:50:11 PM

Don't sell your coins till $2000, the price will rise faster!!

Sounds like some type of financial advice. Where's your license?

massivebitman (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 12:59:40 PM

Don't sell your coins till $2000, the price will rise faster!!

Sounds like some type of financial advice. Where's your license?

Haha that's what google wanted for me to advertise on adsense.

No financial advice here... Just speculation!

I was stupid, I sold most of my coins at $27. If I hadn't I'd stop working for the rest of the year and spend all my time writing bitcoin apps.

Ah well.. here's hoping for another double. I've put my money on it now.

Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:03:55 PM

I dont' know. Google trends for bitcoin has gone down in recent days. Bitcoin had its headlines in newspapers peaked last week. I guess we will hit top in next couple of weeks if not in next couple of days. Most of the buying is speculative, so guess what will happen afterwards  Cool
I wouldn't take Google trends so likely all the time considering the searches are still at an all time high.With the price increasing it is actually the investors,somewhat wealthy speculators and individuals in tax havens you want to look out for now.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:04:52 PM

Imagine how much money Pirateat40 has, assuming he didn't sell his 500k or so bitcoins that people gave to him expecting 1% per day payouts.
sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:09:50 PM

Many people just figured out that the best way to get bitcoin is not to mess with insane mtgox but to provide goods and services with payment in Bitcoin. This is a nobrainer. Look at reddit, tehre is constant stream of announcements that this service and that service are now accepting Bitcoin. This trend is going only to accelerate. This is real economy that backs Bitcoin growing fast.

Expect much higher prices for Bitcoin as result. 1000$ is just about 2 double ups from here. Bitcoin is known to do such spurts within 3-5 weeks.

It is a shark feeding frenzy, only sharks will be left with non trivial amounts of bitcoins once it all calms down for a while. Are you a shark?

I think this is true, and on the other side we now have a bunch of new millionaires whose wealth is in bitcoins, they are going to want to start spending. I believe selling luxury goods for btc is where its at
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:22:10 PM

Many people just figured out that the best way to get bitcoin is not to mess with insane mtgox but to provide goods and services with payment in Bitcoin. This is a nobrainer. Look at reddit, tehre is constant stream of announcements that this service and that service are now accepting Bitcoin. This trend is going only to accelerate. This is real economy that backs Bitcoin growing fast.

Expect much higher prices for Bitcoin as result. 1000$ is just about 2 double ups from here. Bitcoin is known to do such spurts within 3-5 weeks.

It is a shark feeding frenzy, only sharks will be left with non trivial amounts of bitcoins once it all calms down for a while. Are you a shark?

I think this is true, and on the other side we now have a bunch of new millionaires whose wealth is in bitcoins, they are going to want to start spending. I believe selling luxury goods for btc is where its at

I don't know if these new millionaires are likely to buy luxury goods. It's clear however that with increasing BTC wealth they are more likely to diversify / spend some of it. This is good for the whole market.
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:25:06 PM

Now that's the kind of sentiment that prevails right before the bubble bursts. Every time.

Guess what? People been saying this since like, $15.  Deal with it.
Sure, people are saying and other people aren't listening. Euphoria has turned them deaf, blind and stupid. And very soon they will pay the "stupidity tax", especially those who went all in.

Sounds like you have paid the 'stupidity tax' not me. If Bitcoin dropped 96% today I'd be at breakeven and Litecoin has to drop 99.5% Grin

The only "stupidy tax" being paid will be those that didn't go all in and have since sold. I saw the potential and went all in at $27. So far the best decision of my life! And why do people not get that you can not compare Bitcoin to anything that has ever existed. The most similar thing you could compare it to would be the adoption rate for the Internet, Google or Facebook.

History will be written like this: First there was the Internet which gave people the freedom to share knowledge, then Google organized the internet so others could quickly find it, then Facebook connected people on an daily basis within their entire social network and finally Bitcoin freed people financially from the rule of corrupt banksters!

I can see the future 60 minutes/ Dateline interview title. "Alarming suicide rate amongst early adopters of Bitcoin that sold too early." I am seeing a lot of negative "you are all stupid" for not selling posts. Obviously people are bitter that they sold too early. Do yourself a favor and buy back in while you still can. ..... ok I am done venting now Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:36:20 PM

Imagine how much money Pirateat40 has, assuming he didn't sell his 500k or so bitcoins that people gave to him expecting 1% per day payouts.

He doesn't have them because they didn't exist ( at least most of them...).
Still even if he had 1/10 of them stored he could sell some and pay everyone back....

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
nicolazza

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 01:41:26 PM

History will be written like this: First there was the Internet which gave people the freedom to share knowledge, then Google organized the internet so others could quickly find it, then Facebook connected people on an daily basis within their entire social network and finally Bitcoin freed people financially from the rule of corrupt banksters!

All i can say is: will you marrie me?
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:47:54 PM

lol! I would only "Break, break your heart." Wink

- aka The "DigiMan"
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:51:40 PM

Get a room!

more or less retired.
nicolazza

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 01:55:41 PM

Get a room!

can i pay with btc? i dont want to use dollars anymore
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:01:06 PM

Get a room!

can i pay with btc? i dont want to use dollars anymore
Why yes... I was thinking of becoming the world's first Bitcoin Pimp Smiley lol!

- aka The "DigiMan"
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:02:26 PM

Okay guys, I'm a hyper-bull, but I'm feeling some euphoria here. It is simply a fact that growth will slow very soon (else we'd be at mainstream adoption by summer, and we all know the infrastructure simply isn't ready for that).

We can keep going up at staggering speeds on average, long-term, but if the exponential doesn't curve straighter again soon I may have to part with 5% - for the first time ever - just in case there's a big correction (almost definitely temporary, but still). I'd just be doing my part to smooth any panic drop that might happen. If we can slow down just a tad that would be perfect.

Bubble-o-meter was at 15% last week, now 25%. Time to start being just a little cautious, just a little suspicious of your premises. Check everything once again with no emotion. Are all the exponential indicators still there? I still expect us to hit at least $300 (or even $500 or possibly $1,000) before a cooldown.

The mood here has remained collected and cool up to just this week or so, even through such dramatic increases. That was very bullish. Now it just might be changing. I'm not saying it is for sure, but watch sentiment closely.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:04:12 PM

The mood here has remained collected and cool up to just this week or so, even through such dramatic increases. That was very bullish. Now it just might be changing. I'm not saying it is for sure, but watch sentiment closely.

I think the crazy train pulled in days ago!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
essem

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:05:15 PM

Okay guys, I'm a hyper-bull, but I'm feeling some euphoria here. It is simply a fact that growth will slow very soon (else we'd be at mainstream adoption by summer, and we all know the infrastructure simply isn't ready for that).

We can keep going up at staggering speeds on average, long-term, but if the exponential doesn't curve straighter again soon I may have to part with 5% - for the first time ever - just in case there's a big correction (almost definitely temporary, but still). I'd just be doing my part to smooth any panic drop that might happen. If we can slow down just a tad that would be perfect.

Bubble-o-meter was at 15% last week, now 25%. Time to start being just a little cautious, just a little suspicious of your premises. Check everything once again with no emotion. Are all the exponential indicators still there? I still expect us to hit at least $300 (or even $500 or possibly $1,000) before a cooldown.

Are indicators of any use? We are sailing in uncharted waters
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:12:36 PM

Last week it kind of started.

And it's to a degree true that in exponential growth situations euphoria need not indicate a bubble at all...but we are experiencing FASTER than exponential growth. Perhaps even double exponential. Keep in mind that merely keeping with the exponential trend itself would have been impossible for more than a few months or seasons. Now we are griwing even faster, becoming accustomed to bi-monthly doublings, weekly doublings, etc.

Bottom line: if we go much further in this manner, eventually any old 30% percent pullback will FEEL like a huge crash to many people because of their euphoric expectations, which could precipitate a major setback for Bitcoin that could last a while. That's what I'd like to avoid. There's no need for it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: