Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We've hit $200. Don't sell too much... The bitcoin price is about to EXPLODE!!!  (Read 4832 times)
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:17:07 PM

By "indicators" I mean continued EXPONENTIAL increase in Google trends, expansion into new countries, media coverage, merchant adoption (and size of adopting merchants), Bitcoin subreddit subscribers, etc.

We have actually had that so far, which is why I wasn't worried. Now I'm mild-to-moderately worried. That probably means we will go much higher still even short term, but now is the time to take a step back and review the fundamentals soberly to see if they not only justify exponential but "exponential x exponential" growth, not to get swept up in celebration.

If things are bubbling up, some people depending on their basic financial situation may want to consider taking a SMALL percentage off the table just in case. Better that than panic selling into a bear trap.

Basically just take whatever you need in order to stay relaxed during big selloffs. Could you hold through an 80% drop? Good. If you can't, diversify now so that you don't contribute to that panic.

The main reason I post this warning is just because it looks like former bears and other likely weak hands are piling in. That kind of volatility should be dampened if possible.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
essem

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:27:15 PM

Could "bears" have removed their order sell orders from the books to make it look like there is no depth in an  attempt to stir up an almost blood thirsty demand only to dump a lot of coins once those looking to buy have been teased into a frenzy?

I could be reading the charts but looks like not many sellers?
hubbabubbabaker

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Sometimes - history needs a push.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:36:32 PM

Hold fast we're about to hit 220! Ready the flux capacitor!

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy." -Sun Tzu
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:42:59 PM

Much agreed! Only 13,000 BTC to $300! We could hit it today!

LOL - that would be awesome.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:53:52 PM

I really hope those fund managers could stop for a week or two in summer so that we can have some nice vacation Tongue

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:52:34 PM

Okay guys, I'm a hyper-bull, but I'm feeling some euphoria here. It is simply a fact that growth will slow very soon (else we'd be at mainstream adoption by summer, and we all know the infrastructure simply isn't ready for that).

We can keep going up at staggering speeds on average, long-term, but if the exponential doesn't curve straighter again soon I may have to part with 5% - for the first time ever - just in case there's a big correction (almost definitely temporary, but still). I'd just be doing my part to smooth any panic drop that might happen. If we can slow down just a tad that would be perfect.

Bubble-o-meter was at 15% last week, now 25%. Time to start being just a little cautious, just a little suspicious of your premises. Check everything once again with no emotion. Are all the exponential indicators still there? I still expect us to hit at least $300 (or even $500 or possibly $1,000) before a cooldown.

The mood here has remained collected and cool up to just this week or so, even through such dramatic increases. That was very bullish. Now it just might be changing. I'm not saying it is for sure, but watch sentiment closely.

There will quite certainly be a price exaggeration with a violent drop. I hope this will happen soon to shy away the get-rich-quick-guys who still measure BTC only in $$$ value.

So please don't try to smooth the coming panic drop, because a brutal selloff with scared speculators will give the Bitconomy some more months to calmly develop and catch up with pricing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: