Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 51% attacks  (Read 759 times)
spacegoat (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 12:55:36 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 01:06:22 PM by spacegoat

so I would like to understand 51% attacks better.  and I am hearing that PPC is invulnerable to them.  and that TRC needs to implement PPC retargeting and they won't have such a prob.

has there been any real solutions implemented yet for 51% attacks?  one time I was with my sound guy(I'm a musician), made a bunch of mescaline, we were playing with soundwave oscillators and orbiting pitch, and it was like 4:30 am we were high as fuck, and my sound guy was a tech genius, we're sitting in our music studio, orbitting these pitches to fractalize them more and more, until we sent some kind of fractal into the grid at the pinnacle of sound fractalizing and we overloaded the whole grid somehow and took the power out in the entire city.  just from a computer and some speakers.  I don't know how it happened, but I know we did it.  could something be implemented to actually turn against asics and fry those mothers for polluting small coins?  and make sure to provide plenty of warning to them that it would be dangerous to fuck with our little deal going on.

or PPC retargetting, I am trying to wrap my mind around how they are invulnerable to 51% attacks.  TRC has proven worthless, totally douche bag management, and so because my lifesavings somehow got stuck in transit with them (before it collapsed completely)

because this has happened, I have no other choice but to go dredd pirate roberts and hijack the entire platform, and actually make it cool and secure and fun.  and fun.ctional.

I'm working on contacting the right developers now to get our hijacked version wallet client done for them and working on actually fixing the problems, because I really have nothing else to do now that my money is all in worthless shitcoins.  

I think you will all like what I am doing, I can't reveal it just yet.  but I am hoping I can get sunny king to help me, he seems to be pretty knowledgeable.

the one thing I can't resonate with for PPC, is that there are so many of them, and I can't see how they can hold value that way.  maybe they will be the king of future alt coins, but I like terracoin's rarity.  I think that is attractive.  

but this 51% attack nonsense has basically shown that some kind of serious ingenuity will have to unravel if any of these coins actually expect to survive.  LTC seems to be invulnerable but it is also $5 a coin for that reason.  

any ideas?  I am going to continue rolling these ideas around in my head until I either get my money back, or come up with a real solution.    the TRC devs, they are slow and inconsiderate and not worthy of being in charge of people's investments, so as much as I love that asian guy on terracoin.org, he is WALKING THE PLANK

AHHRGGGGGGG!

AHoy mateys.  

welcome to the dredd pirate roberts coin, I can't stand to watch such terrible neglect go on towards any of my brethren.  

and so I'm taking over the coin.  I kid you not.  I need help though, I am just the visionary behind it, I'll announce the vision soon, you'll like it.  it'll make you laugh I hope.

that is, If we can make it functional,

we will set up a scheme so that all donations to the platform go to the developers so we have a real good coin with good minds behind it.  

consider this the death sentence to terracoin's lame-ass 1991 infomercial asian thumbs up can't bother to spell right bullshit.  

more on this will be released in the near future.  if you have savvy technical knowledge and would like to help me take care of this coin, I would like to know A) is it possible to hijack it?  and B)what do we need to do?  and C) who's with me?

-spacegoat

yeah baby yeah
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vitalemontea

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:01:45 PM

one time I was with my sound guy(I'm a musician), made a bunch of mescaline, we were playing with soundwave oscillators and orbiting pitch, and it was like 4:30 am we were high as fuck, and my sound guy was a tech genius, we're sitting in our music studio, orbitting these pitches to fractalize them more and more, until we sent some kind of fractal into the grid at the pinnacle of sound fractalizing and we overloaded the whole grid somehow and took the power out in the entire city.  just from a computer and some speakers.  I don't know how it happened, but I know we did it. 
Your brain's association part works on overload on psychs. So you associated power going out with your fractalization. Power was going to go out no matter what you did on your computer. Think about it, it is just a disillusion you had.
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:08:33 PM

maybe.  I just always visualized power as something that came into, but I suppose it does go through.  into and back out... ok.  I just had that image in my head as some kind of phantom solution, thought maybe it would spark something in somebody's head that actually knew how it all works technically.

yeah baby yeah
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:10:15 PM

because I'm just a visual thinker, not so much an expert on code and such. 

yeah baby yeah
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 01:12:29 PM

Evil dank has arrived.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
mycketbra

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:13:40 PM

i traded trc once but all i got in my wallet was thousands of std-coin
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:37:05 PM

you are really making to much of a thing out of these 51% attacks. If you are really so worried just wait till 12 confirmations instead of 6 or 24 instead of 12. 24 confirmations is still much faster than western union =P and no one with that much hashing power is going to use it to attack a chain for long. Eventually they will have to give up and when they do it will be business as usual again.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:03:02 AM

it has been 4 or 5 days 0 confirmations

yeah baby yeah
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: