Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Secure Currency to Hold Funds  (Read 5348 times)
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:01:53 AM

I have many bitcoins I'm wanting to cash out, but I'm debating whether I should do it for gold, or for USD. The possibility of the bitcoin price crashing scares me, whereas it seems impossible for gold to lose all value.

What do you hold the bulk of your wealth in?
Similar to gold Bitcoin will never lose all value, at least not in the foreseeable future.
From the other hand, US dollar - from 1988 to 2017 lost exactly 105.9% purchasing power due to overwhelming inflation rate.
Why would anyone want to keep USD (or any other FIAT with infinite supply) as long term investment is beyond me.
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:16:19 AM

We need to plan differently here because bitcoin price is keep changing and even with gold also, so don't keep all your eggs at one place. Simply divide your funds and buy what ever you want to convert. That is the best idea because we are unpredictable world so no one knows what is going to happen tomorrow, so plan it wisely convert them into different currency so if one is down you can make profit with other.
Yes, I agree with you. If I have a lot of bitcoin, I will divide it in fiat and the other half is in bitcoin to make my money secure. I will also use 2 to 3 wallet to avoid some hackers or if ever they hacked my wallet, I will not be afraid because I am holding two more funds but next time I will my money more secure. We do not know when the price is going up. Be responsible on holding our money, don't waste into worthless things because we don't know what happens next in the future.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:53:26 AM

I have many bitcoins I'm wanting to cash out, but I'm debating whether I should do it for gold, or for USD. The possibility of the bitcoin price crashing scares me, whereas it seems impossible for gold to lose all value.

I think bitcoin for now is good to buy and hold bitcoin and with the way things are going I believe bitcoin will soon increased in values maybe to $3,000 before the end of this year. Bitcoin has shown to be a very strong asset considering the kind of storms its gone through.
E-shipper

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:22:09 PM

I think bitcoin for now is good to buy and hold bitcoin and with the way things are going I believe bitcoin will soon increased in values maybe to $3,000 before the end of this year. Bitcoin has shown to be a very strong asset considering the kind of storms its gone through.

Raising up to 3000 is unlikely. I think that it will rise to 1000-1500 $. Because the rate will not be constantly stable and grow up. Maybe even now he will fall a little more.

████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████                    ████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Galaxy eSolutions
  ICO TOKEN PRESALE STARTS ON FEBRUARY 28
  #1 ICO ON A GLOBAL ECOMMERCE ECOSYSTEM!
   WORLDWIDE REFURBISHED CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
WHITEPAPER│MEDIUM
FACEBOOK│LINKEDIN
  TWITTER│TELEGRAM
    ████████████████████████
  ███████████        █████████
  ████████████████████████████
  ████        ████         ███
██████     ██████████     █ 
  ████    ███      ███    ███
   ███   ██          ██   ████
  █     ██          ██   ██████
  ███     ███      ███    ████
  ████     ██████████     ████
  ████        ████        ████
  █████████████▀▀█████████████
  ████████████    ████████████
   ████████████▄▄████████████
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:35:49 PM

The Swiss franc is one of the best I think, in my country most people save in franc`s. Dollar is also strong currency, Norway And Singapore are the countries with strong currencies. I`m not rich, but in case I`m I would keep my wealth in bitcoins for a little longer, bitcoin have potential and will cost more, I don`t think its still the time for cashing out.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

The Swiss franc is one of the best I think, in my country most people save in franc`s. Dollar is also strong currency, Norway And Singapore are the countries with strong currencies. I`m not rich, but in case I`m I would keep my wealth in bitcoins for a little longer, bitcoin have potential and will cost more, I don`t think its still the time for cashing out.

In my line of thought is is better to keep a huge amount in your bank account and at the same time a huge amount of bitcoins in your online wallet. Having our fiat currency is very secure if we place it in huge banks and if in case cryptocurrency shuts down then we still have more money in our account. At the same time if we have bitcoin in our wallet and the baks goes bankrupt then we have still bitcoin in our online wallet. Diversity lessens the risk and will help us give options to make our assets safe.
Labumi

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:05:08 PM

Bitcoin it is. Sure to rise in value in the long term
It seems to me that in order to protect your risks needed to keep their savings in 2 major currencies and bitcoin. When will fall in price in one currency and the other will grow. This strategy means that you make less but the risk is small.
It also increases your chances of not earning anything if one of your currencies goes up in price and two other go down, or one up one down and one remains flat.
Differentiating is good, but investing in many currencies may prove difficult to handle if you decide to hold 2 fiat currencies and 1 crypto. If fiat crumbles it can take down more than one currency at once.
Anyway, If i had to choose a fiat to hold it would be the currency of the country I'm residing in and it wouldn't be more than 20% of my assets. I prefer Crypto, gold, properties. Everything is better than fiat.

Very precise. the Fiat transaction is useful only for now and will not give you an advantage when we save for a long time. Better profits is to use crypto, gold, and also property. Because the gold and also the property has been tested successfully for a long time and gives a pretty good advantage to those who are indeed willing to be patient in waiting for the results. Similarly, a few years later crypto crypto also gives better profits

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:07:14 PM

Well, the method of holding your wealth actually depends on your risk taking capability. If you are too scared of holding the bitcoin because of the price volatility, then you better convert it to gold because, gold has many other uses and the price is move over stable for years now.

However, if you have different source of income and you don’t depend on your bitcoin, I would suggest you to wait for some more time before you decide to sell it all. You can actually go for a mixed portfolio of Gold, Bitcoin and secured bank deposit. This way, you will be sure about your wealth and also about its protection.

mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:58:21 PM

For me, I save some of my wealth in bitcoin and holding fiat. As you can notice bitcoin is keeps on stronger daily, and become well known in any countries. But if youre uncertain in bitcoin that you think it will crash anytime, much better not to put all your funds in one account. So you will not regret whatever happens.
doaremon

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 03:10:28 PM

I would suggest to go for gold if you are planning to keep them for long term. Cause that will be the safest from value ups and downs. Gold prices are not likely to fall in near future. And if you are planning to invest some of your money in another business or something you should go for fiat currency. But keep some amount in btc you might need them anytime.

webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:19:23 PM

I would suggest to go for gold if you are planning to keep them for long term. Cause that will be the safest from value ups and downs. Gold prices are not likely to fall in near future. And if you are planning to invest some of your money in another business or something you should go for fiat currency. But keep some amount in btc you might need them anytime.

When a person invest, he doesn't just close his eyes after that. Investment is subject to regular inspection, weighing pros/cons, gains/losses and it is continuous process, not one time. So suggesting to invest in gold just because investment remains stable is not good one! Investment is made with the view to sustain inflation and grow money overtime.
To hold funds, it is best to try "Method Study" as suggested by F.W. Taylor and after an adequate time go for one, which brought you best result!!
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:23:03 PM

I just read China has found very big gold mine. It may devalue gold rates in near future. Other than this, keeping gold securely against robbery will be very big challenge for any country people. These are very few reasons, why gold cannot be secured way of holding funds.

I believe digital assets are very good way to store funds because we can encrypt them and also keep them very securely. There are a lot of practices available to keep digital assets safely from fire and robbery kind of threats.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 04:32:18 PM

I just read China has found very big gold mine. It may devalue gold rates in near future. Other than this, keeping gold securely against robbery will be very big challenge for any country people. These are very few reasons, why gold cannot be secured way of holding funds.

I believe digital assets are very good way to store funds because we can encrypt them and also keep them very securely. There are a lot of practices available to keep digital assets safely from fire and robbery kind of threats

That's unlikely to happen

Even if they found a Manhattan-sized gold asteroid, they would just hide it somewhere in a place like Fort-Knox. China is a net buyer of gold after all, so they will keep the gold they discovered to themselves. There is only one way that gold can drop in price, i.e. when it is sold in the open market, which China is not going to do in the foreseeable future. There can in fact be some miner correction in gold prices since China may now buy less gold in international markets but that remains to be seen though

Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:49:56 PM

I would exchange those bitcoin into fiat, usd, is the best, gold might loose some value as its like bitcoin its up and down, the best solution is usd that is a strong currencie and with it you can rebuy again bitcoin, knowing the price raises or no.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:06:03 AM

I would exchange those bitcoin into fiat, usd, is the best, gold might loose some value as its like bitcoin its up and down, the best solution is usd that is a strong currencie and with it you can rebuy again bitcoin, knowing the price raises or no.
If you are trying to make profit out of saving for a really long time than I would suggest that you put your funds on the gold, simply gold has been and will forever be the precious thing that mankind uses and respects so its value never drops.

Bitcoin is still yet unknown to some people so it is not totally safe to put finds into at least not on the long term, you can make good profit from putting some funds into it but you need to keep an eye on the price and the market for any change that may threaten your investment.
aesma

Activity: 2408
Merit: 921

fly or die

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:28:40 AM

As technology advances, gold with have less and less importance. Today people are ready to spend hundreds of euros/dollars to get the latest smartphone, every year. Soon enough it will be the latest cybernetic implant or life prolonging drug. Gold will not matter.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 10:44:06 AM

As technology advances, gold with have less and less importance. Today people are ready to spend hundreds of euros/dollars to get the latest smartphone, every year. Soon enough it will be the latest cybernetic implant or life prolonging drug. Gold will not matter.

I think we had already been there

As I suspect, some 100 years ago people most likely felt essentially the same with first cars around them, first aeroplanes above them (as well as trains below them) and similar things such as telephone and electricity. Did gold lose its value? This was hardly the case, and this won't be the case now. In fact, an age reversing drug would go pretty well with something as eternal as gold. What do you guys think? I guess that should actually increase demand for lasting things, not diminish it

DrPepperJC

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:30:08 AM

I do not agree. Gold has always been and will be in price. Even the coolest smartphone in a couple of years will depreciate, and gold will grow in price in the price. Only those who foolishly follow the fashion can put all their money into new gadgets.
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:52:16 AM

We need to plan differently here because bitcoin price is keep changing and even with gold also, so don't keep all your eggs at one place. Simply divide your funds and buy what ever you want to convert. That is the best idea because we are unpredictable world so no one knows what is going to happen tomorrow, so plan it wisely convert them into different currency so if one is down you can make profit with other.
Yes, I agree with you. If I have a lot of bitcoin, I will divide it in fiat and the other half is in bitcoin to make my money secure. I will also use 2 to 3 wallet to avoid some hackers or if ever they hacked my wallet, I will not be afraid because I am holding two more funds but next time I will my money more secure. We do not know when the price is going up. Be responsible on holding our money, don't waste into worthless things because we don't know what happens next in the future.

Very precisely. If it does have a lot of btc will be much more beneficial if we could share into several businesses are indeed provide a profit. For if indeed we do not share into some things that indeed increased the number of btc then our lives will never be successful, because by only using BTC with no desire to add to it to make us become malasa in thinking and level of innovation that's been there since birth being lost because it never used

Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:42:28 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 12:41:23 PM by Rahar02

It's been a while but I hope you make good profits and sold at ATH, the best option for everyone is official currency of your country obviously as you can easily convert and spend it. If you live in USA, US dollar it is, different story for someone who lives in UK or China.
Second : depends on your purpose, for long term savings, gold and land are the best investment. But bitcoin still become good way to saving your wealth too, so divide into some options and you will be fine. So far, I still believe on bitcoin as my future savings, let's wait for another 5 years.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: