Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:47:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: service no longer available  (Read 2536 times)
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:00:10 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 03:12:03 PM by Teka

This service no longer available due to the recent price change and difficulty increase.

Thanks,

Teka

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:56:21 PM

Anyone?
aliaser

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:48:48 PM

Hi Teka,

Could you post more info about this?
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:51:02 PM

Hi Teka,

Could you post more info about this?

What else do you want to know?

You rent the graphics card for 30 days after the payment has come through everything will be set-up to your personal preference.

For example,

Lets say you want to rent the 7950 and you want to mine LTC with guiminer on the litecoin pool. When the payment is confirmed I will install guiminer and set it up so that it  mines litecoin with your username on the litecoin pool. The 30 day starts as soon as one share is accepted.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:12:19 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 10:48:04 PM by Teka

I'm also thinking about adding a 7990 to this list but the rental costs would probably be extremely high.
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:14:23 PM

Out of curiosity, why not mine with them yourself?
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:18:12 PM

You would have to pay electricity costs. Also, these rental prices are much cheaper then the market price of these gpu's due to the fact that I'm friends with someone who gets a discount on computer parts.
mrSprinkles

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:28:35 PM

Your prices are outrageous, you charge more for 1 month rental of a 7770 than you can buy one for ($92 on newegg). The 7850 can be purchased for less on ebay than your one month rental... When people buy video cards they have the ability to resell them in case the coin crashes, if you want this to be anywhere near successful, you're going to have to charge 10-25%/month of what the video card costs, not 125%.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:32:28 PM

Your prices are outrageous, you charge more for 1 month rental of a 7770 than you can buy one for ($92 on newegg). The 7850 can be purchased for less on ebay than your one month rental... When people buy video cards they have the ability to resell them in case the coin crashes, if you want this to be anywhere near successful, you're going to have to charge 10-25%/month of what the video card costs, not 125%.

These prices are based on the UK market prices for example a 7770 costs $169 dollars here in the UK so I didn't realize that for US users they are extremely expensive. I will try to fix the prices or I might only offer the 7970 for now.
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:41:31 PM

some people might want to "add capacity" without dealing with building a machine, powering it, cooling the environment it is in.. reselling the hardware.. etc

honestly, if profitablity stays where it is now.. $140 return on $250 in ONE MONTH is DAMNED amazing.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:45:59 PM

I've decided to offer the 7950 for now. The problem with charging 10-25% per month is that because this a start up I would have to charge users for at least 4 months up front.
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:50:40 PM

Would you guys be interested in paying 4 months up front to keep the prices per month much lower?
aliaser

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:03:33 AM

I've decided to offer the 7950 for now. The problem with charging 10-25% per month is that because this a start up I would have to charge users for at least 4 months up front.
Price ~ example?
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:26:43 AM

Price ~ example?

It would cost £249 or $369 for the 4 months so around £65 or $99 per month. I would also offer a dual GPU bundle for £440 or $675 so around £110 per month or $165. I'm also thinking about doing an extreme rental option by offering the 7990 for rental. The 7990 would cost £149 or $250 per month with payment up front for 6 months.
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:32:40 AM

OP, I assume you have proof of access/ownership of these cards and the right to rent them out?

Any kind of uptime management provided with this service, or do we manually have to monitor the machine via some kind of remote access (teamviewer, logmein etc)

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:46:43 AM

OP, I assume you have proof of access/ownership of these cards and the right to rent them out?

Any kind of uptime management provided with this service, or do we manually have to monitor the machine via some kind of remote access (teamviewer, logmein etc)

Yes the cards are fully owned by me and the person who I'm working with simply supplies the cards due to their discount.  I could monitor the machine from 4 pm to around 11pm UK time . The idea is that to keep prices as low as possible I might have to put multiple gpu's into the sever and rent the gpu's instead of the entire server unless the community dislikes that idea.
ebildude123

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:05:22 AM

I might be interested if ltc remains profitable  Tongue
PachucoBro

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 04:13:29 AM

I don't get the RENTAL thing people talk about...

The one business that did something sorta like what individuals are trying to copy is ASICMINER? where they took investors money and gave them shares in the business.

This rental things you have described will not work with people who can understand basic math and the risk involved in trusting you to maintain the equipment and 24/7 mining uptime.

Your original post reads: "Anyone interested in giving me money up front to go buy the computer equipment needed and then pay me x dollars to give you (x dollars + y%) back every month." Makes no sense... you have to make money at this and the way you do it is y% is less than what is actually getting mined.

For you: You have no money to buy the equipment yourself. So people asking why don't you just mine yourself... good question... and that is the answer.

For customers: After you pay for about 2-4 months rental you will have paid the entire cost of the equipment that you could have bought yourself and mined.

So how do this work for anyone???
Teka (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:12:48 PM

I don't get the RENTAL thing people talk about...

The one business that did something sorta like what individuals are trying to copy is ASICMINER? where they took investors money and gave them shares in the business.

This rental things you have described will not work with people who can understand basic math and the risk involved in trusting you to maintain the equipment and 24/7 mining uptime.

Your original post reads: "Anyone interested in giving me money up front to go buy the computer equipment needed and then pay me x dollars to give you (x dollars + y%) back every month." Makes no sense... you have to make money at this and the way you do it is y% is less than what is actually getting mined.

For you: You have no money to buy the equipment yourself. So people asking why don't you just mine yourself... good question... and that is the answer.

For customers: After you pay for about 2-4 months rental you will have paid the entire cost of the equipment that you could have bought yourself and mined.

So how do this work for anyone???

I will definitely look into doing something like ASICMINER. I was trying to offer a service for users who don't want to pay electricity or want to get more profit because they don't have to build an entire rig dedicated to mining.
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 11:32:36 PM

Interesting idea, might be cool if people could rent out the entire system and either SSH in (if Linux) or RD into Windows (if you use that), but then I guess people might do some risky overclocks and such  . . .

Is this basically a way for you to take a lower-than-average but constant cut on your hardware, kinda like PPS on steroids? Sounds cool, I might be interested. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: