Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:39:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hundreds of people have lost money using bitinstant  (Read 1842 times)
xqr (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:55:45 PM

This is just a heads up, avoid using bitinstant if you don't want to risk having your money lost in limbo. Either the company is purposely stealing everyone's funds, or they're simply too incompetent to run a business.

Take a look over at the newbie support thread to see everyone complaining about missing funds:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.3800

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:24:02 PM

This belongs in service discussion.

That said, I was a very happy BitInstant customer when they could transfer to BTC-E. Did many, many, transfers with them. When I did have a problem, it was fixed.

more or less retired.
xqr (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:31:40 PM

I wish I could say the same crazy_rabit Sad

I'm sure the several hundred people who lost money to limbo in the past week feel the same. Sadly, I've yet to see any of their issues resolved as well.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:38:45 PM

I've had multiple successful orders with them, most fulfilled in minutes. One took a few hours.

As I understand they have a small staff dealing with the issues. Just gotta be patient. They aren't out to scam anyone.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:39:33 PM

This is just a heads up, avoid using bitinstant if you don't want to risk having your money lost in limbo. Either the company is purposely stealing everyone's funds, or they're simply too incompetent to run a business.

Take a look over at the newbie support thread to see everyone complaining about missing funds:

Seems like they only have growing pains, and everythign is solved as quickly as they can. With many new customers, there will be issues, and some scream loud too early.
xqr (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:41:45 PM

Seems like they only have growing pains, and everythign is solved as quickly as they can. With many new customers, there will be issues, and some scream loud too early.

My transfer has been lost in limbo since April 2, and since then I have only seen people complain. I'm just giving everyone a heads up.

Money is disappearing in bitinstant.
Herodes

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:56:49 PM

My transfer has been lost in limbo since April 2, and since then I have only seen people complain. I'm just giving everyone a heads up.

OK - i understand where you're coming from then. Since April 2nd in the bitcoin world is a long time.. Esp. with these raising prices, I understand people are angry. Have you got any communication from them ?
xqr (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:02:22 PM

OK - i understand where you're coming from then. Since April 2nd in the bitcoin world is a long time.. Esp. with these raising prices, I understand people are angry. Have you got any communication from them ?

They have people on the boards replying to the angry posts all the time. The problem though is the only response they're giving is "we've escalated your problem" or "we've opened a support ticket for you". In the time I posted my problem, I have seen the official bitinstant support forum grow by over 100 pages in the past week alone with people only complaining about missing transfers. They're not actually resolving any of the missing transfers, they just appear to be stalling for time with their "support tickets".

It definitely worked on me, it wasn't until today that I finally lost my patience with them.
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:04:35 PM

Did Bitinstant ever recover from their 12,000 coin theft?
xqr (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:15:08 PM

Did Bitinstant ever recover from their 12,000 coin theft?

Lol, well if I had to guess they're recovering from it by helping themselves to everyone's BI transfers...
Herodes

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:27:40 PM

OK - I used them March 19th and March 23th. Everything worked good at that time. If it is so that they infact are stalling orders, that is very very bad.
catcow

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:34:26 PM

i still haven't gotten my transfer from mtgox to bitstamp deposited.....yet they are still accepting transfers to bitstamp

i've lost sooo much money in unrealized profits because of this.

no response from technical support via several avenues.  web, email, irc, private message.
xqr (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:41:11 PM

OK - I used them March 19th and March 23th. Everything worked good at that time. If it is so that they infact are stalling orders, that is very very bad.

Herodes, click the link in my signature. That thread is snowballing with people complaining about missing orders.
Herodes

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:54:03 PM

Herodes, click the link in my signature. That thread is snowballing with people complaining about missing orders.

Perhaps you could start a hread in this section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Then collecting information about outstanding orders from the Bitinstant support thread, and ask everyone complaining, if their issue has been resolved. If there's a systematic failure at Bitinstant and/or scam - it's time to reveal that for the benefit of the community.
xqr (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:04:10 PM

Perhaps you could start a hread in this section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Then collecting information about outstanding orders from the Bitinstant support thread, and ask everyone complaining, if their issue has been resolved. If there's a systematic failure at Bitinstant and/or scam - it's time to reveal that for the benefit of the community.

Looks like someone beat me to it:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155533.0
Jackbauer

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:16:42 PM

They're having a hard time keeping up with the number of orders, along with MTGox's API being trash from what I have read. Send an order to support, they'll figure it out. The two times I have used them it didn't go through automatically and I had to email them, but within 2 days I had my money. I would give them a week due to the huge influx in orders.
xqr (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:38:09 PM

They're having a hard time keeping up with the number of orders, along with MTGox's API being trash from what I have read. Send an order to support, they'll figure it out. The two times I have used them it didn't go through automatically and I had to email them, but within 2 days I had my money. I would give them a week due to the huge influx in orders.

My order is from April 2nd and I contacted bitinstant. I have received PMs and responses on the official thread claiming my issue was "escalated" but my order is still unresolved. Today my patience with the service wore out.
eggie

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:20:30 PM

I see lots of issues getting resolved in that thread. What i also see is many people obfuscating the process by not providing the correct data or just complaining. The guy is obviously working his ass off.
btchaver

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:57:37 AM

They havent replied to mine its been 2 weeks and nothing hope they plan on reutning coins and not a cash voucher.
btchaver

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 04:00:07 AM

I see lots of issues getting resolved in that thread. What i also see is many people obfuscating the process by not providing the correct data or just complaining. The guy is obviously working his ass off.

so do you think keeping others money is fair and what do you think about the cash voucher that is three times in value should i get cash or bitcoins so whats your definition of fair to get fucked up the ass thats your idea of fair.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: