Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:56:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is like Justin Bieber..  (Read 1551 times)
bootlace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:05:57 PM

Haha, ok you're probably all looking to murder me as soon as you saw that title (and I am flamebaiting just a bit), but hear me out for a sec. There's been a lot of pop stars over the years right, usually in the past, it would take some time for their popularity to grow. I mean pre-social media pre-Youtube and especially pre-internet, things could not simply grow that big that fast. Things have changed. Some stupid shit like Gangnam Style or Harlem Shake or that whole Kony movement can blow up to billions in under a week. That's insane. Justin Bieber is similar, he grew enormous in a short amount of time, and yet his bubble hasn't 'popped'.

So look at the paraoblic growth of Bitcoin in the same light - don't mind too much how high or how fast it has risen (which seems to be what everyone's fixated upon right now). Instead, consider if Bitcoin has got lasting power like Bieber or is a bubble like that Rebecca Black chick. I mean we all think Bitcoin is legit right, why else would we be on here discussing it otherwise. Popstars and currencies can grow to enormous heights and still maintain their 'valuation' - unlike a money making company which has to provide appropriate returns. In fact for pop stars and currencies, it could be that the higher you grow the more easy it is to confirm high valuations because of the network and confirmation effect.

Flame away xD

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitarrow

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:17:08 PM

So Satoshi is really Usher ?
essem

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:18:14 PM

I know where usher lives, I saw him during Halloween
bitarrow

Activity: 184

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:20:08 PM

I know where usher lives, I saw him during Halloween
did he have a bitcoin T-shirt on?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:21:59 PM

bitcoin shall henceforth be known a biebercoin

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
bootlace (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:22:10 PM

So Satoshi is really Usher ?

I'd say somewhere between Michael Jackson and 2Pac.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:29:16 PM

bitcoin shall henceforth be known a biebercoin
lol! Fuck no!

- aka The "DigiMan"
grondilu
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:37:17 PM

Bitcoin like Justin Bieber?

Not quite yet:

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:39:17 PM

Not quite yet:

I've never seen it that way.
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:40:59 PM

Not quite yet:

*Pic*

I think we can all agree that Bitcoin is a more important than Beiber though, right? Right?

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:43:35 PM

Not quite yet:

*Pic*

I think we can all agree that Bitcoin is a more important than Beiber though, right? Right?

At least Bitcoin has some utility.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 03:46:11 PM

Not quite yet:

*Pic*

Now if I only could short sell Justin Beiber.  Wink
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:46:55 PM

Not quite yet:

*Pic*

Now if I only could short sell Justin Beiber.  Wink

I lol'd

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
bootlace (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:51:08 PM

Not quite yet:

So we can go about 10x higher before hitting the Bieber peak? Bullish to me xD

IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:57:09 PM

New BTC indicator: The Bieber peak.

X: "Bitcoin just passed the Bieber peak!"
Crowd: "OMG! It's real! Strong buy!"

Grin
BitSmile

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:58:23 PM

Right now bitcoin may be far from justin bieber popularity, but in the long term, his and others suckers millions of dollars will be worth fookin notin' compared to bitcoin. The establishment will fall! Unless they start buying coins like hell, effectively jumping the price up too eheh  Grin

bootlace (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:07:22 PM

Grin

The Bieber index will be to Bitcoins what the Big Mac index is to fiat.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:16:53 PM

Grin

too funny

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:23:27 PM

Rebecca Black was unfortunately a massive joke that people watched in horror, she got hits because people were laughing at how bad the video and singing was. It was a bizarre spectacle. I felt bad for her. Bieber on the other hand actually does have singing talent even if his personality is bad. He was noticed, 'adopted' lol, and gained momentum. Bitcoin is more Bieber I think. No one even talks about the June 2011 'bubble' anymore, if bitcoin died at that time it would have been Rebecca Black. That 32 peak and fall is almost NEVER discussed in the media, it's hardly considered a bubble anymore, just a bump.
bootlace (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:24:51 PM

Rebecca Black was unfortunately a massive joke that people watched in horror, she got hits because people were laughing at how bad the video and singing was. It was a bizarre spectacle. I felt bad for her. Bieber on the other hand actually does have singing talent even if his personality is bad. He was noticed, 'adopted' lol, and gained momentum. Bitcoin is more Bieber I think. No one even talks about the June 2011 'bubble' anymore, if bitcoin died at that time it would have been Rebecca Black. That 32 peak and fall is almost NEVER discussed in the media, it's hardly considered a bubble anymore, just a bump.

So what you're saying is BTC=Bieber, LTC=Rebecca Black.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: