Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:51:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Ixcoin dies then Bitcoin is also doomed  (Read 2440 times)
Derek492

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:14:06 PM

Kiklo, you're awesome! I love how you just say it like it is. Such logic. So simple.  Have a nice day! Smiley

Stop Mining.   Start Minting.   Mintcoin  [MINT]
5% annual minting reward. Mintcoins don't wear out like mining gear. They keep on minting!
Triswardhani

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Lithium core developer

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:25:32 PM

I remember Ixcoin :') but just let it die.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:21:32 PM

Quitter!

You may get your wish in the next few weeks. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:29:48 PM

Kiklo, you're awesome! I love how you just say it like it is. Such logic. So simple.  Have a nice day! Smiley

Yeah, armchair quarterbacks can sure make the best calls.  Simple!  He needs to correct Satoshi next; and feel all special inside.

We've been at this for years without a dollar in help from any backers.  Without a dime in pay.  Without anyone saying:  Thanks assholes!  Begging for community donations and selling our personal shit to pay coders to give the IXC community better logos, websites, wallets and code updates. 

Not quite as simple as hindsight! 

Gotta go return some videotapes...

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:59:11 PM

First time I hear about it, seems like it's mining been over already and bitcoin will take another hundred years to be completely mined but no worries we'll think about the doomed part then Cheesy.

🖤😏
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 09:10:59 PM

First time I hear about it, seems like it's mining been over already and bitcoin will take another hundred years to be completely mined but no worries we'll think about the doomed part then Cheesy.

Bitcoin will be 99% mined out in like 15 years.

You should start worrying right about...NOW!

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:20:50 PM

Wow, didn't realize it was coming up so soon, but you're correct. About 98.4% at the sixth halving, which is like fifteen or sixteen years from now.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 09:39:06 PM

Wow, didn't realize it was coming up so soon, but you're correct. About 98.4% at the sixth halving, which is like fifteen or sixteen years from now.

That's right.

So, basically, if iXcoin dies then Bitcoin is already dead.

Just something to think about.  Smiley

nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 10:13:42 PM

That's right.

Just something to think about.  Smiley

Maybe the death of bitcoin will result in the rise of Altcoins, it may not be such a bad news,or they will change it to a non mining blockchain, like a proof of transaction using fractions of the nodes power to do the job instead of mining. It may also be a solution for this coin, but id depends on its acceptance.
Or as everyone here is saying, why not switching to POS or to merge mine with some sister coins, or maybe a "merged mining conglomerate" it would be very insteresting for miners, but someting like this may eventually save a lot of POW coins, bitcoin included, but it must include rewarding coins, and several aspects have to be checked, maybe it will be too late to save Ixcoin, but others may survive.
Belligerent Fool
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:23:30 PM

Everyone here is screaming the end of the world when talking about this situation but with Bitcoin instead, when all the Bitcoins are mined out don't you think they would of already prepared the network to reward the miners with transaction fees, many people are sending Bitcoins every day so I couldn't see it dying if that gameplan came into play.

There is no reason why other coins can't do the same when they are all mined out.
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 10:28:14 PM

Everyone here is screaming the end of the world when talking about this situation but with Bitcoin instead, when all the Bitcoins are mined out don't you think they would of already prepared the network to reward the miners with transaction fees, many people are sending Bitcoins every day so I couldn't see it dying if that gameplan came into play.

There is no reason why other coins can't do the same when they are all mined out.

There is one, and it is the most important one.
The price.
1 bitcoin is worth around 750$, how about Ixcoin ? maybe in 15 years bitcoin will be worth 2000$, at this point the TXs will be far enough to pay for the miners, it will be up to them to regulate the diff.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 11:08:31 PM
Last edit: December 16, 2016, 12:21:16 AM by kiklo

Kiklo, you're awesome! I love how you just say it like it is. Such logic. So simple.  Have a nice day! Smiley

Yeah, armchair quarterbacks can sure make the best calls.  Simple!  He needs to correct Satoshi next; and feel all special inside.

We've been at this for years without a dollar in help from any backers.  Without a dime in pay.  Without anyone saying:  Thanks assholes!  Begging for community donations and selling our personal shit to pay coders to give the IXC community better logos, websites, wallets and code updates.  

Hey,
I feel all special inside anyway,  Cheesy

Many coins got hit with high difficulty early on, ignoring that and not changing yours to every block is what the underlying flaw of your coin is.
And when the months of time pass and you finally get your coin working, unless you update your code, their is nothing stopping someone from driving the difficulty up on you again.

Your Coin has provided a great service , it shows exactly how the PoW miners will behave at the end of block rewards.
That has been an invaluable lesson to all.
So Thanks for that.  Wink

Cool
claycoins

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:21:13 AM

Kiklo, you're awesome! I love how you just say it like it is. Such logic. So simple.  Have a nice day! Smiley

Yeah, armchair quarterbacks can sure make the best calls.  Simple!  He needs to correct Satoshi next; and feel all special inside.

We've been at this for years without a dollar in help from any backers.  Without a dime in pay.  Without anyone saying:  Thanks assholes!  Begging for community donations and selling our personal shit to pay coders to give the IXC community better logos, websites, wallets and code updates.  

Hey,
I feel all special inside anyway,  Cheesy

Many coins got hit with high difficulty early on, ignoring that and not changing yours to every block is what the underlying flaw of your coin is.
And when the months of time pass and you finally get your coin working, unless you update your code, their is nothing stopping someone from driving the difficulty up on you again.

Your Coin has provided a great service , it shows exactly how the PoW miners will behave at the end of block rewards.
That has been an invaluable lesson to all.
So Thanks for that.  Wink

Cool

It has only shown what a relatively short pow mining period coin that has very low userbase will behave.  There is virtually no comparison you can make with how bitcoin will pan out.

GreenLighter

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 07:36:12 AM

No it's not
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:38:39 AM

It has only shown what a relatively short pow mining period coin that has very low userbase will behave.  There is virtually no comparison you can make with how bitcoin will pan out.

Hmm,

Are you really going to sprout nonsense like that.

Both Coins use the same algo, they were merge-mined.
Casually referred to as Twins. Both end with the same quantity, the only difference is ixcoin reached the end of their block reward faster.

PoW miners could have continued to merge mine making their main profit off of BTC while handling the transactions for ixcoin and receiving the transaction fees.
They decided the transaction fees were not worth the effort and discarded ixcoin like a used up whore. (No offense to whores)
They will treat BTC the exact same, mine something else , because if you have not noticed,
Pow Miners care nothing for the amount of resources they are wasting or the fact they are raising the electricity prices of their neighbors.
They buy hardware that is outdated / useless within 1½ years, care nothing for their drain on the environment.
Hoard their product to artificially fake a higher price, (you don't really believe that BTC crap is worth over $700) ,
Fake Trading Volume on Markets with no trading fees.

Keep trusting those crooks, they are due for a major sell off to fiat profit in 2017.  Wink

Cool
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:57:46 AM

That's right.

Just something to think about.  Smiley

Maybe the death of bitcoin will result in the rise of Altcoins, it may not be such a bad news,or they will change it to a non mining blockchain, like a proof of transaction using fractions of the nodes power to do the job instead of mining. It may also be a solution for this coin, but id depends on its acceptance.
Or as everyone here is saying, why not switching to POS or to merge mine with some sister coins, or maybe a "merged mining conglomerate" it would be very insteresting for miners, but someting like this may eventually save a lot of POW coins, bitcoin included, but it must include rewarding coins, and several aspects have to be checked, maybe it will be too late to save Ixcoin, but others may survive.
Give me one good and comparable alternative to bitcoin first and then we can discuss whether to do the things you are suggesting.
Can you mine bitcoin right now with low power cost? yes.
Can you trade bitcoin in price range of $720 up to $780 or not? yes you can.
Can you use bitcoin as a payment method in different online shops like fiat money or not? absolutely.
I'd say bitcoin is well and alive wouldn't you?

🖤😏
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 10:26:51 AM

What a laughable OP shitpost, lol lol lol.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:59:16 AM

Indeed! What is the problem? The Bitcoin developers have fifteen years to sort this out.......
umm.. wait a minute... block size, segwit.....
yeah! Fifteen years aint nearly long enough!  Cheesy

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:31:34 PM

iX will NEvEr die.

but it might stagnate and hang.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 03:38:11 PM

Indeed! What is the problem? The Bitcoin developers have fifteen years to sort this out.......
umm.. wait a minute... block size, segwit.....
yeah! Fifteen years aint nearly long enough!  Cheesy

Hahaha!  So true. 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: