Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:17:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2016-12-09]Markets Today: Bitcoin Unstoppable, but Maidsafecoin Carried the Day  (Read 371 times)
Gembul (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 07:19:01 AM

News Bitcoin - Markets Today: Bitcoin Unstoppable, but Maidsafecoin Carried the Day

The markets began the week less robust but with some good news here and there. Bitcoin is unstoppable, and is likely to hit the $800 mark by the end of the week. There were no changes on the top ten in terms of position.

As of 18:00 GMT on Monday, the market listed almighty Bitcoin at $781.92 which represented a 1.62% rise. It looks like we are ending the year on an excellent note.

Beginning the week with 2.45% appreciation, Ethereum seems to be on a winning streak again. It ended the week with a 2.16% gain. Its market value was $8.37 keeping it at number two.

While Ripple was being sold at $0.006791, it took a 1.83% fall. Even though it maintained the 3rd position, it has lost its laudable gains from last week.

READ MORE >>> https://news.bitcoin.com/markets-today-bitcoin-maidsafecoin/
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:09:57 PM

Maidsafecoin is still occupying the bottom of the top ten Coinmarketcap list, albeit a healthy 7.25% increase. That was the biggest gain for the day. The exchanges sold it for $0.070722.

7.25% of Crap is still Crap....

Speaking of crap, Ethereum is down at 8.41 (Kraken ETH/USD) from their all-time high of 21.8499 which is a hefty 60.86% Decrease, lol.

Hey, how about ZCrash, er ZCoin -- down at 48 (Kraken ZEC/USD) from their all-time high of 30,000 which is a massive 99.84% Decrease.... LOL.

Alt-coins always are amusing...

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 05:23:35 PM

The problem I see with the alt-coins is that they are always trying to solve a problem that does not exist. Problems like "there aren't enough coins" or "mining fees are too low" or whatever. They are all pale copies of the real breakthrough that bitcoin represents.
The only alt that has maintained some level of respect is litecoin. I can't think of another success from the hundreds of alts now in the wild.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 06:17:21 PM

Roger Ver's propaganda and market manipulation news site is focusing on its main area of competence: Trashy altcoins with no real world relevance. At least we know now, that Ver is invested in Ethereum, MaidsafeCoin and Ripple. Let's wish him good luck with his "investment", because he will need it.

The problem I see with the alt-coins is that they are always trying to solve a problem that does not exist. Problems like "there aren't enough coins" or "mining fees are too low" or whatever. They are all pale copies of the real breakthrough that bitcoin represents.
The only alt that has maintained some level of respect is litecoin. I can't think of another success from the hundreds of alts now in the wild.

The vast majority of altcoins can not show a proper reason for their existence indeed. The only reason for their release was to make the founders rich via premine scams. There are a few coins with some innovative features, but they still they will never be able to compete with Bitcoin, because Bitcoin has by far the greatest network effect. All the development talent is basically absorbed by Bitcoin. Altcoins serve merely as a testing environment for new features, with the best ones ending up being integrated into Bitcoin, making the corresponding altcoin obsolete.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 07:00:33 PM

I would say let them play. After seven years of Bitcoin I came to this simply realization: let them play. Something interesting will comme eventually but the master will always prevail.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:30:00 PM

I suspect one of the reasons that litecoin is still around is that you can "wash" Bitcoins through LTC exchanges if you're into that sort of thing. Other than outright wallet laundering, I don't see what the niche LTC offers -- they used to be "ASIC is evil" until they released a patch that supported ASICs... so.... what is the point of them being around again? Oh right, faster confirms - but even then they admit they can't scale very well because of this design choice.

A big "meh" from me. The only real alt-coin that had purpose was Namecoin, since it offered a legitimate way to replace centralized DNS lookups. It has its own problems, though.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: