Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:45:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ApopheniaBTC public beta (Bitcoin game)  (Read 1066 times)
Tritonio (OP)

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:48:16 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 06:32:25 PM by Tritonio

I made a new game playable with bitcoins.

You guess what some distorted pictures are in order to win their pot. To guess you you have to bet a fixed amount. A portion of this amount gets added to the pot if your guess is incorrect. Pictures also get less and less distorted as time passes by (even if no one bets on them). Also pictures have a starting pot, paid by the site.

The site is beta (read the ToS) so please report any bugs if you see any. I am also waiting for any suggestions that you have.

Here is the site: https://apopheniabtc.com

Related reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1bzoe4/i_made_a_new_game_with_bitcoins_apopheniabtc/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sega01

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:04:44 PM

Nice, this looks interesting!

I do believe you either meant https://apopheniabtc.com/ , or to correct your virtual host settings on https://www.apopheniabtc.com/ :-).

I'd be more likely to play if there were some easier images for less just to see it in action. Or maybe a free section entirely as a way to demo it, after which I might have the confidence to bet some bitcents and play that way.

Cheers,
Teran
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:30:40 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 03:50:20 PM by Tritonio

Ouch. Thanks for the correction.

EDIT: Forgot to answer to the rest of the post.
If pictures are hard for you just wait for them to get better. Indeed most of them are impossible to solve at the very beginning, this is more or less intended. Otherwise I would have to manually pick the amount of distortion needed for each picture which is subjective. So it's better to start higher and let it become easier gradually until some user is able (or thinks she is able) to solve it. Here is what I'll do. I'll change one of them to be improving much faster so check it out during the next 2 days. One of the pics will be getting better fast.
Scrat Acorns

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

I like this.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:05:09 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 08:44:11 PM by Tritonio

EDIT: solved!
The last one only has 24 hours to go, and it's improving fast.

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:07:27 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 12:04:28 PM by Tritonio

We got our first winner!

"Someone bet 0.0025฿ and won 0.0123฿!"

I had made a mistake in the answers. I fixed it as soon as I was aware of it an nobody was affected by it. I had typed the answer "clock" the answer "alarm" but I forgot to type in the answer "alarm clock".

EDIT: Here is the specifics in case someone is interested:
1. Someone bet "alarm clock". His bet was confirmed very fast but I had forgot to type that answer so it was counted as wrong.
2. Someone placed bets, for "clock" and "alarm clock" (again). The bets took a while to get confirmed though. Actually they took A LOT to get confirmed.
3. I saw my mistake so I added "alarm clock" as a correct answer and forcefully made the site recheck the first "alarm clock" bet.
4. The site awarded the first bet for "alarm clock" with what was the pot at that time.
5. The "clock" bet gets confirmed. It is correct but the picture is already solved so it is refunded back to the player.
6. The second "alarm clock" bet never gets confirmed. (was never paid)
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:21:02 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 05:24:57 PM by Tritonio

This is also becoming too easy: (solved now!)

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

This one is getting a bit easy IMO:

I also had to change the fees to make this viable since the starting pots are paid by the site and they are quite the expense. :-) I will adapt the fees to keep the game fair and viable as more people join. FYI I'm still on the negative side here, so there is no reason not to play. ;-)

Also if any user from here won the previous three pictures I would appreciate it if you could confirm in this thread that your received the pot.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:39:42 PM

New challenges are up:

Those are still hard but the distortions slowly fade out so check them out every now and then.

Hints are on the site, don't forget to read them.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:06:00 PM

Two more winners. Two challenges still unsolved. I'll upload new challenges tomorrow.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:46:53 PM

I've set up referral links if anyone's interested. You can either make them by yourself by appending your bitcoin address to https://apopheniabtc.com/?partner=

OR

you can place a bet (no need to pay for it, just place one) with a valid payback address and you will be given your referral link at the bottom of the dialog that will be telling you where to send payment.

You'll get 5% of the fees on the bets of people you refer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: