Author Topic: -  (Read 6115 times)
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:42:07 PM

I don't get it. The coins are almost all still worth the same value in USD. What changed? Nothing. Just BTC is worth more. Alt coins don't magically become worth millions just because BTC goes to the moon. They are judged on their own merits and get traded as such. Chill people. The ALT/BTC ratio means you just get a smaller percent of a larger pie. It works out about the same.

more or less retired.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
peacefulmind

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:44:17 PM

people usually respond like this out of fear.

is he afraid of LTC or jealous?

In the world we have Yen, Pounds, Yuan, Rupees, Dollars - that trade freely against one another.

What is the problem?

Also I would not buy at your store either - such vitriol over currency, if you were smart you would implement a LTC pay button and let more money roll in.

"AltGods" - in the title - a little unhinged maybe too?

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
RambJoe

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:48:24 PM

Why are you even bothering making this thread if you think LTC is nothing?
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:49:22 PM

LTC and all other altcoins except NMC - the only altcoin that actualy has some unique use - are a major threat to cryptocoins exactly because of the
way you people are (miss)treating them. What, you think that general public and media will like it when they find out you did not much more than changed
1% or less of the Bitcoin code and mined millions of coins? People won't do the same themselves, instead they will invest their money into cryptocoins?

Yeah don't have a lot of ways to spend, but this is the same history when BTC started...
What people will think, if they know that Bitcoin started in 2009 where thousands of coins where mined from few persons?

Yes, all altcoins crashed vs BTC, as stated in thread title.

They crashed so hard, that they still the same price in a BTC <-> Altcoin rate. When their prices rise because of pump'n dumps, the price goes down again to equilibrium because Altcoins aren't based only on one exchange, like MtGOX, deal with it.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:04:09 PM

I'm pretty sure Litecoin is starting the same way Bitcoin did?

By the way, from the looks of it the last time there was a massive jump in BTC price like this it crashed down to $5.00
Benny1985

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:06:43 PM

Sorry, but I don't trust a person with the screename "Bitcoin Megastore" to provide remotely objective statements on the future of any coin, much less its competition.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:17:02 PM

Yes, I am afraid that incompetent, short-sighted and scammy "developers" and horde following and supporting them will destroy all Bitcoin developers and
community has been building for over 4 years now. I have spent a lot of my time speaking about Bitcoin to people around me, and I know 1st hand how they
reacted on mere mention of altcoins, after being "bombarded" with Bitcoin info by myself for a while. Try it yourself, it is very useful experience. It should
reveal to you how serious the situation is.
You rational is all based on Bitcoin being bitcoin. Bitcoin was the first, and still is by far the most widespread cryptocurrency. It started as an experiment and took off. I do not dislike bitcoin in any way, but nothing says the first will be the only and last. It started as an experiment and turned out OK. A lot of alt coins have tried and failed, that's evolution, natural selection. Only btc ltc and perhaps maybe ppc have a chance at market share at the moment. Ltc is now strong because people support it. The little hater group isn't gonna bring it down now if they were not able before.

Use your energy towards your business I should say. Whatever yo're trying to do right now is in vain.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:18:30 PM

people usually respond like this out of fear.

In the world we have Yen, Pounds, Yuan, Rupees, Dollars - that trade freely against one another.

What is the problem?

Also I would not buy at your store either - such vitriol over currency, if you were smart you would implement a LTC pay button and let more money roll in.

"AltGods" - in the title - a little unhinged maybe too?

Great response! He is obviously frightened.

We must embrace the future. To me LTC is better than BTC. I have turned all my BTC to LTC because i like it and I believe in it. I take the risk to go with LTC. This is a chicken that i find precious. And it will rise...riseee Cool

Moreover, everything that i can do with BTC, i can do with LTC too. Many merchants accept it, and more are added to the list. The target price for LTC is 80€-100€ and for BTC 150€-500€.

The future will prove me wrong or right. And if you dont like it, then dont use it. You do not have to. There will be other, better and more clever stores that will take the profit you denied to foresee..

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
jerkoff

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:34:32 PM

It's a sign that people are frantic about putting their money into bitcoin, and have no time/money at the moment for funnycoins. Must be one of the last stages of the bubble.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:38:48 PM

My altcoins earned me enough to buy some mining hardware.

These kinds of discussions don't make any sense to me.  Why do you care so passionately about the choices other people make in life?  Until yesterday, I never bought a Litecoin in my life, but I never felt the need to trash Litecoin users.

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:41:58 PM

LTC and all other altcoins except NMC - the only altcoin that actualy has some unique use - are a major threat to cryptocoins exactly because of the
way you people are (miss)treating them. What, you think that general public and media will like it when they find out you did not much more than changed
1% or less of the Bitcoin code and mined millions of coins? People won't do the same themselves, instead they will invest their money into cryptocoins?

Yeah don't have a lot of ways to spend, but this is the same history when BTC started...
What people will think, if they know that Bitcoin started in 2009 where thousands of coins where mined from few persons?

The problem with your approach is in not giving any respect to Bitcoin developers and community. You think altcoins are somehow independant of Bitcoin
while the truth is altcoins - as minor variations on Bitcoin - would not even exist if Satoshi and other developers opted for proprietary software instead of
Open Source project. You are truly retarded if you think those following the footsteps of a leader while sucking the blood out of him and justifying their
own lack of creativity and action, and offering no helping hand "because the leader did it as well" - which is not true - deserve the same level of respect.

Actualy, you already proved that you are retarded enough to end on my ignore list. Bye!

Congratulations on taking alucinations and thinking they are the truth, you got me a laugh, thanks Smiley

And a hint: go read about PPC and FRC, I don't think that they have changed only 1% of the code and worked and are working very hard for it as Bitcoin developers too

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:43:31 PM

My altcoins earned me enough to buy some mining hardware.

These kinds of discussions don't make any sense to me.  Why do you care so passionately about the choices other people make in life?  Until yesterday, I never bought a Litecoin in my life, but I never felt the need to trash Litecoin users.

Disregard OP. Obvious troll is obvious. He's trash talking altcoins in the altcoin forum. That's like signing up to a WWF forum to say it's all fake.
sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:44:16 PM

Litecoin still is more profitable to mine - http://www.coinchoose.com/
VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:52:14 PM

Litecoin still is more profitable to mine - http://www.coinchoose.com/

That assumes the price stays constant, and if BTC-e goes down there is no easy way of maknig your LTC become BTC, etc.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:58:05 PM

I never felt the need to trash Litecoin users.

Trash deserves to be trashed.

Human beings are worthy of more in life than just wasting their time over trash.  There are so many good things to do with one's life.

sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 06:30:35 PM

That assumes the price stays constant, and if BTC-e goes down there is no easy way of maknig your LTC become BTC, etc.

Actually - Vircurex, but as of the current moment, yes.  Pricing keeps changing there and LTC has been more profitable for days.
_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 08:41:56 PM

No offense intended to anyone here, but this isn't a pissing contest. We're an ecosystem. If LTC fails at this point, it shows an adopted crypto-currency is vulnerable. Infighting is the last thing we need. Progress for any crypto-currency is progress for the whole of crypto. But hey, if you need to patch your insecurities by declaration of sole allegiance to the crypto you assign your identity to, well, you go on ahead and do that, partner! Wink

Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:17:53 PM

I never felt the need to trash Litecoin users.

Trash deserves to be trashed.

Human beings are worthy of more in life than just wasting their time over trash.

Most human beings are worthless, a gene pool garbage generating garbage. Worthy beings would never allow things like Atlantic garbage patch to happen.

Stay on topic if possible.

Damn... I don't imagine this guy running any kind of store will ever be successful at it.
I mean, yes customers can be difficult, but to give good customer service, you must be willing to at least TRY to see things from their view...
... If your idea of that view is from the viewpoint of "a piece of garbage", well... you're not going to see much.  Garbage doesn't have eyes.
And it probably has a huge ignore list... I mean garbage just sits there and ignores everything and stinks alot.  Cheesy

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:18:56 PM

This whole thread is such massive fail. Altcoin price is generally measured vs the big daddy coin, so obviously when BTC/fiat exchange rates go up alt coin price appears to drop. The truly viable alt coins will do as they've done each time BTC price has corrected upward sharply, they will catch up given time.

tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:30:13 PM

nope. no crash here.
You are confusing dependencies that exist and seeing dependencies that does not exist. If all altcoins die right now, it would not affect Bitcoin in any
negative way, which can't be said for the oppossite case.
>says the guy who has a cafepress-based "megastore"....
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: