Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:27:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANOTHER upset Mt Gox customer!  (Read 1912 times)
shanklinmike (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:31:04 PM

When will Mt Gox quit screwing around with it's client's money? For days I have transferred funds RAPIDLY using okpay (Mt Gox processed within 10 minutes), but then all of a sudden it stopped. I have $670 just sitting there in withdrawal with the status: todo and it is now going on 24 hours! I believe Mt Gox is basically using my money against my will and the standard excuse that I get back is... "times vary" and stuff like that. Mt Gox just cost me at least $100 last night alone and they still won't let go of/give me my money! I have messaged them, got no real response to WHY it is taking so long... just that it is. Well isn't that convenient. While I am losing money they are most likely using my money to make themselves more money. I am about to go on an anti-Mt Gox rage where I literally tell everyone how they have not given me my money yet, and even okpay said we are just waiting on Mt Gox. Us customers are PISSED at Mt Gox for their lies, and it is time to actually give the people the money they earned! It is MY money Mt Gox, and you can process these payments in 10 minutes and you know it. I am tired of the lies, I even have over 11,000 subscribers on youtube and I think I am just going to make a video exposing Mt Gox and then hopefully reducing their profits by millions. DON'T TRUST MT GOX! They will give you the nice lines about how they care about you,... but it is all bullshit! They are stealing my money right now and they know it. These transfers could be completed in minutes, which makes me believe the company may be insolvent. There are sooo many better options than Mt Gox,... let's continue to take their market share elsewhere and help reduce their profits for them stealing people's money overnight. I am sick and tired of it... they know they can process my okpay payment in less than 10 minutes, but they don't. It is that plain and simple. The longer they keep my money from me,... the more people will hear about it. I AM PISSED! GIVE ME MY MONEY YOU THIEVES! FUCK MT GOX, Don't trust them.... they are liars, and this is certainly not the first customer they have pissed off with not giving them their money right away like they should and know they can. If they tell you times vary... understand that is bullshit! Times never varied before,... now it is a problem?!?!? BS! Don't let them get away with these lies! You can buy bitcoin cheaper at other places anyways. I am going to make a video and try to get over 10,000 customers to leave Mt Gox until they stop stealing my money overnight. I have NEVER been so upset with a company in my life... maybe it's because no other company has lost me so much money before by stealing my money overnight!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cameleon

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:46:56 PM

It's not so long, and I think that there are earning much more money from fees, then from interest rates from delaying users money. Dealing payments is not in their best interest, it would be better for them to raise fees - their will earn more and lose less customers. Bitcoin economy raised a lot last days, and there may not have enough people to process everything like usually.

That being said it is always good to force companies to offer us better service and exchange information about problems and deals can be a big problem for someone not expecting them. I am just not expecting mtgox to make delays intentinaly.

Use different ways to exchange your Bitcoins if you really want to harm mtgox.
shanklinmike (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:35:39 PM

Good post!
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:38:28 PM

Stay away from Mt Gox by simply doing a little research.  This site has a wealth of info. 
greyhaze

Activity: 27

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:16:48 PM

where else is good to use?
im new and have only heard of them.
PaRaP

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:27:35 PM

There are other exchanges you can try, like Bitstamp or BTC-e.

Here you have some of them:

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Buying_bitcoins#Major_Exchanges
queequeg

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:35:32 PM

Mt. Gox is the largest BTC exchange, and activity has skyrocketed in the past few weeks - why is it surprising that they might be having delays?

I still use Mt. Gox and have no problems - although if someone can elucidate why I shouldn't trust them, I am interested to hear.

PS - and if someone can explain to me why I shouldn't use Mt. Gox, please use paragraphs...
hrkristian

Activity: 32

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:56:18 PM

They do warn you adding and withdrawing funds can take a while, in fact it's in the standard "read this before" section.
voidale

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:34:55 PM

They do seem legit maybe they have too many withdrawals lately and this is why the delay...
jadedice

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:38:36 PM

Where would you suggest buying bit coin from then?
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:18:11 PM

Wow that was quite a rant, however i agree that mtgox is fairly shoddy. Two weeks ago i deposited 0.25 btc to sell and it took them 4 days to have it in my account. Also they really need to upgrade their servers to deal with the massive traffic spikes these all too common bitcoin price rallys bring.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:25:37 PM

why dont you set up your own exchanges the..... oh wait your not smart enough to. im not defending mtgox but there one of the better ones iv delt with not to mention the amount of traffic they have seen recently its way over 20x there normal amount not to mention some lonely bored and very sad computer hackers ddosing them so stop all you bitching. if your really hat upset dont use them and if you think in all you wise intelligence you can do better go do it then i can bitch about you efforts

juice

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:41:06 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2013, 12:28:01 AM by juice

mtgox locked my account right after i send 0.7 btc so wtf!
i can not even donate it to the bitcoin foundation.
i can only buy and sell.
they want my id but i will not leave my id to mtgox to lay it on the server for the next hacker
or an underpaid admin to sell to nominee a bank acc.
so if some body want to buy this account for half the price pm me.
fuck mtgox  stay away from them if you dont want to loose money!!
muirmc

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:21:13 AM

Imagine my joy when starting the dwolla account verification process on Friday for ACH (to avoid having to bother with wires to Mt.Gox) only to find the price nearly DOUBLED today... verification deposits showed up last night.

Yeahhh.. think I'll wait.
jag2k2

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:31:17 AM

yeah I got into this bitcoin thing about 1 week too late

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. - Thomas Jefferson
PachucoBro

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 01:37:13 AM

It's never too late... I got in LATE at $104 on April 1st... If I would have gotten in at $30 I would have like 100 BTCs.

As for MtGOX... they are the biggest exchange and as someone else said it is not in their best interests to NOT help you exchange your BTCs and $$$ back and forth many times.

There are a small percentage of people experiencing problems yes... always will be, but for now it is mostly because everything is new and problems are being found and hopefully corrected, not because they are shady.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: