Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:49:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interest in an automated bitcoin trading website? Survey and details inside.  (Read 1175 times)
iameric (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 03:45:56 PM

A couple months ago a friend and I each began developing our own online trading service in order to compare and contrast the advantages of each implementation method, logic, and buy/sell criteria.

Now that enough time has passed we can confidently say we have both been successful in our ventures and are gaining a fair amount of returns having numerous buy/sells with double digit percentage returns (some over 25%).

We had initially not planned on publicly releasing our trading platforms but we wanted to put out a feeler to gauge interest in online traders in general.

I do realize that these traders are a dime a dozen and people are constantly proposing and promising their trading platforms, but the purpose of this is not to inquire about my trader in particular just online bitcoin trading platforms as a whole.

More specifically, I wanted to get a general overview of the bitcoin community's attitude, interest, expectations, and some general input of online bitcoin trading platforms.

Please note this survey is not specifically for any personal future endeavors but general expectations for automated trading services by this particular segment of the bitcoin community.

Automated bitcoin trading survey

If desired I would gladly post the results after removing any identifying information.

Thank you in advanced, I appreciate your time and your input.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 04:54:48 PM

When you think about it, when most users use this service, how will gains even occur?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
MaTachi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Hack the planet!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 05:19:34 PM

Eh, why would you make money for us for free? That is obviously too good to be true and probably a scam.

BTW, how hard can it be to trade bitcoin when it only goes upwards anyways? Cheesy

@DanielJonss. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
iameric (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:14:05 PM

Eh, why would you make money for us for free? That is obviously too good to be true and probably a scam.

BTW, how hard can it be to trade bitcoin when it only goes upwards anyways? Cheesy
Who said anything about free?  Tongue

You're right about mid/long term holding so long as the price does continue to climb.  /crosses fingers

When you think about it, when most users use this service, how will gains even occur?
Gains would occur as the market price fluctuates but perhaps I am misunderstanding the question.
MaTachi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Hack the planet!

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 06:27:47 PM

So, basically, you want people to deposit their money into your site, so you can use their money for the trading? For a fee. Nice way for you to earn money, and at the same time letting the "customers" take the whole risk.

@DanielJonss. On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
iameric (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:02:40 PM

So, basically, you want people to deposit their money into your site, so you can use their money for the trading? For a fee. Nice way for you to earn money, and at the same time letting the "customers" take the whole risk.
You're on the right track; however, I wouldn't ever expect people to deposit money their money directly into a third party service.

What happens is MtGox allows their users to grant API access to their account, the trading bot would only require get_info and trade API access so nobody would ever have access to withdraw/transfer money from the account.  The API access would be limited trading between USD and BTC.

But in regards to the rest you are correct, let people who would like to automatically set their own trade criteria set the risk and take a small cut of any profit.
Furyan

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

Well, rather than come in here and dump on your idea, I'll just say I'm interested. I've pondered setting up something similar but who has the time..
iameric (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:36:39 PM

Well, rather than come in here and dump on your idea, I'll just say I'm interested. I've pondered setting up something similar but who has the time..
Nothing wrong at all with dumping on an idea, if it's really a good idea then it should be able to stand up to any potential criticism.

You're all more than welcome to ask any questions or bring up any points you feel valid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: