Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing the Pirate Hijack Hack of TRC. Terracoin is fired.  (Read 3056 times)
spacegoat (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:11:49 PM

I have briefly spoken with sunny king, and it is possible that he knows how to fix terracoin.  so when terracoin raises from the ashes, it will be Trollcoin.  if you want to continue thinking its terracoin fine.  but that weakass website is getting no points.

I don't think revolting against the dev is gonna help much in the situation. Meanwhile the new proposed terracoin patch under testing works close enough to ppcoin's exponential moving adjustment, so I think it could fix most of terracoin's trouble.

you are probably right sunny king.  most of this was a 15 minute temper tantrum because I've sent terracoin many messages and gotten no responses or receptivity, offered to help fix the website etc.  and its just been a blank wall.  and then my funds getting caught in it.  and then collapsing from something to nothing... yeah at this point its all just a joke.  I am at the mercy of the creator anyway.  but yeah you're right, I should have some composure and civility.  I also shouldn't threaten to disintegrate the BFL guys with my 3rd eye, or warn them that noncorporeal entities are watching them and that they'll get theirs.  they're probably legit.  the whole bitcoin world is quite a spectacle.  lots of stuff going on.  i have mixed emotions.  lots of refining to do here.

yeah baby yeah

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coincrazy

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:12:36 PM

Exit out of Terracoin and make a brand new coin, the one that matters. Don't fix others' shits, it is not worth it. There is a discussion here on MC2 or
something like that, join it and bring the ideas onto the table. There is no need for better Terracoin, or more Bitcoin-based cryptocoins. The first true
alternative will do the job so much better than this lame copies or minor variations of Bitcoin.

This sounds like a Super answer ...well I have very very limited technical knowledge, but from a new commers perspective this is a cool answer and the original poster seems to acknowledge it

spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:13:23 PM

I'll just say, thumbs up for thumbs up guy,

and I do hope my coins can move again, soon.

I hope the same walter.  I'm afraid it will be another few days to make it 18 blocks though

What's a few days?  I'm buying cheap TRC right now.  I see it absolutely skyrocketing once the difficulty fix goes through.  TRC is a better coin than most of the other altcoins (in my oh so humble opinion). 

Where can I see more of / read more about TRC

Samples questions that prop up
------------------------------------
is there a central exchange like mtgox for TRC
Which merchants accept TRC, is there an URL with them listed
is there a TRC / USD graph , links please
is TRC completely peer to peer or is it partially dependent on some counter party ?
Which is the best client for TRC in windows ? Links please

Thanks

most trc is now traded probably at btc-e.com or vircurex.com

there are a few others.  graphs you can get at cryptocoincharts.com I believe

yeah baby yeah
Coincrazy

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:17:26 PM

I have briefly spoken with sunny king, and it is possible that he knows how to fix terracoin.  so when terracoin raises from the ashes, it will be Trollcoin.  if you want to continue thinking its terracoin fine.  but that weakass website is getting no points.

I don't think revolting against the dev is gonna help much in the situation. Meanwhile the new proposed terracoin patch under testing works close enough to ppcoin's exponential moving adjustment, so I think it could fix most of terracoin's trouble.

you are probably right sunny king.  most of this was a 15 minute temper tantrum because I've sent terracoin many messages and gotten no responses or receptivity, offered to help fix the website etc.  and its just been a blank wall.  and then my funds getting caught in it.  and then collapsing from something to nothing... yeah at this point its all just a joke.  I am at the mercy of the creator anyway.  but yeah you're right, I should have some composure and civility.  I also shouldn't threaten to disintegrate the BFL guys with my 3rd eye, or warn them that noncorporeal entities are watching them and that they'll get theirs.  they're probably legit.  the whole bitcoin world is quite a spectacle.  lots of stuff going on.  i have mixed emotions.  lots of refining to do here.

Space goat

You've got a lot of energy and ideas

Guide new commers like me

- which is the second best bet after bit coin ?
- where is the second best chance of success ?
- what are the key components needed ...Cmponents formsuccess ..?
        Mtgox type exchange and charts to pump up the adrenaline ,
         a lot of followers to keep mining or validating ,
        what else ? .....what else ?

Your have speed, energy and knowledge

Guide / lead and people will join hands

Regards

spacegoat (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:25:48 PM

p2p chat would be an interesting feature.

if you want to know my opinion.  the second most stable alternate coin is litecoin, because apparently they are asic proof, so they've kept a fairly steady price the last week.   so in the coming weeks we could see them rise like phoenix or decline.  hard to say with bitcoin's accelerating ascent.

but yeah people in crypto will probably consolidate at least somewhat with litecoin.  i believe its around $4 now.

I don't have all the answers.  and I can't recommend anything in this volotile of a market, godspeed and use your head is my only advice

cryptocoincharts.com I believe are all the coins

look them up and research them.  if you question it feel free to askk me I'll give you the run down.  I've gotten pretty indoctrinated this past week

yeah baby yeah
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:31:44 PM

May I ask, are you behind this patch or is it the work of the Terracoin dev?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:33:03 PM

Exit out of Terracoin and make a brand new coin, the one that matters. Don't fix others' shits, it is not worth it. There is a discussion here on MC2 or
something like that, join it and bring the ideas onto the table. There is no need for better Terracoin, or more Bitcoin-based cryptocoins. The first true
alternative will do the job so much better than this lame copies or minor variations of Bitcoin.

but the idea of hijacking shit and sailing it to diamonds is so romantic.  forking terracoin's blockchain wouldn't be so hard.  and trollcoin could easily pass as TRC.  but you may be right.  I'll check out the MC2 discussion.  thanks megastore bro

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Coincrazy

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:32:06 PM

p2p chat would be an interesting feature.

if you want to know my opinion.  the second most stable alternate coin is litecoin, because apparently they are asic proof, so they've kept a fairly steady price the last week.   so in the coming weeks we could see them rise like phoenix or decline.  hard to say with bitcoin's accelerating ascent.

but yeah people in crypto will probably consolidate at least somewhat with litecoin.  i believe its around $4 now.

I don't have all the answers.  and I can't recommend anything in this volotile of a market, godspeed and use your head is my only advice

cryptocoincharts.com I believe are all the coins

look them up and research them.  if you question it feel free to askk me I'll give you the run down.  I've gotten pretty indoctrinated this past week

Thanks space goat

Good post

The way I see it , the following are needed at nascent stages

- merchant acceptance ( more the merrier )
- large user community
- mtgox like exchange / way to convert to fiat / convert from fiat ( because fiat rules as of date )
- good community ( of technical people  ) to validate coins , create clients etc etc
- reasonable stabilityt in price ... I do NOT mean one fixed price , but I am not talking of 33% in a single day

Let me search to see where LTC stands on the above

Also please post what your thoughts are

TIA

Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:07:36 PM

It's terracoin dev. If it were me I would just directly use ppcoin's simpler calculation, which only look at the last two blocks. But I did recommend freicoin and other new altcoins to adopt ppcoin's adjustment algorithm before, although people barely listen.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:23:08 PM

It's terracoin dev. If it were me I would just directly use ppcoin's simpler calculation, which only look at the last two blocks. But I did recommend freicoin and other new altcoins to adopt ppcoin's adjustment algorithm before, although people barely listen.

I'm listening, now, Sunny, and I'll probably be reading the PPcoin whitepaper soon.  I'll try to reserve judgment on PPcoin until then!

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:11:31 PM

Strange, I would have thought they would use something that is proven to work well rather than try to 're-invent the wheel'. Maybe it's because the difficulty adjustment of Terracoin is it's unique feature, so they don't want that to be a copy of a competing coin (not coin bashing, just trying to think why they made this decision).
Neverest

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:55:06 PM

I still have no idea about what Terracoin actually is or does and frankly am getting tired of trying to dig through forumthreads, of which most are infected with trolls.

I'd thought I'd start here: http://terracoin.org/support/mining/ but as you can see, it is empty. How are people going to use/support/mine without any instructions or wallet?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: