Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 11:24:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clarification on thread moved to altcoin section  (Read 284 times)
AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:59:39 PM

For the sake of curiosity, can anyone explain why a discussion
on incentivizing non-mining bitcoin nodes was moved to the altcoin section?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1697411.0

It probably should not reside in the Development Section, but altcoin doesn't seem correct
either. As long as the proposed system used bitcoins as its form of incentive, there is no altcoin.
Since the proposal is entirely speculative but contains direct discussion about the Bitcoin node 
network's decentralization, shouldn't it at least be in regular Bitcoin discussion?

I went to check to see if anyone posted any thing new and was surprised to find it now in altcoin.
I'm trying to figure out how it would be considered a non-bitcoin related discussion.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2016, 07:05:07 PM

Huh Someone may have mistakenly moved it there or moderated without drinking coffee first.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:38:48 PM

Huh Someone may have mistakenly moved it there or moderated without drinking coffee first.

Oh ok. I was just wondering if I was overlooking something fundamental.
I don't know who moved it or why, but was interested if the reason was that it would/could
be considered an alternate node client thing.

I guess what I mean is if such a incentive network was created, would that be considered
outside the Bitcoin system, even though it is intended to complement and grow the network.

No big deal, just wondering.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: