Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:05:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MegaCrypton.com is a complete SCAM!  (Read 1685 times)
Crypto8man (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:25:59 PM

What happened:

I saw there is a good rate of Leo coin on the website "megacrypton.com", I deposited 2 times: 0.16 and 0.082 Btc and bought 260 Leocoins.

However I got the following message trying to withdraw:

"Sorry we do not have enough funds in our hot wallet"

I had been trying for few days, wrote to chat, sent tickets but they never answered.

And after a few days they just changed my Leo balance to zero. And still no answer to email neither to tickets

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=881707
Scam website: https://live.megacrypton.com 

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1625872.0
Amount Scammed: 0.242 BTC
Payment Method: BTC
Proof of Payment:
https://blockchain.info/tx/c02768d8d9758fe76e780a91f3027e04adef6ccb5c6b10025c6927d3bff7331e
https://blockchain.info/tx/e01d70ce26266602525fd06c1191bb8a060c0efd41a8bc51d3fcc51d47f8a4d4

Additional Notes: I want to warn other people not to deposit any Btc to their Scam website, a lot of people already falled for that. I hope this scammer will be banned from this website as well to not promote his scam website
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
megacrypton

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Secured & Trusted Crypto Trade Platform

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 04:38:21 AM

Whats your username?
You do not see our any post or do not follow to our any twitter or FB? Last month We had huge strike(SQL Injection+DDOS) on our website. All has been fixed, But order between strike time has been cancelled due its created via sql inject.
You will only get BTC that you made deposit, not leo as order was cancelled.
If your BTC fund are missing let us know, we will credit balance.

MegaCrypton.com: *Trade 200+ Coin Pair(p2p)*Trusted*Secured*Web Wallet
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:44:09 AM

Crypto8man, please post here when you have received your BTC from megacrypton so this scam accusation can be closed, and I can remove the neg rating.

megacrypton has PM'd me to advise of a massive SQL+DDoS attack on their site which resulted in this mess. Apparently it has all been fixed. I do not personally have the time at this specific moment to confirm this all myself, and will look into it tonight. But if you can confirm that you received your BTC, I can at least remove the rating.

Thanks

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:22:04 PM

Whats your username?
You do not see our any post or do not follow to our any twitter or FB? Last month We had huge strike(SQL Injection+DDOS) on our website. All has been fixed, But order between strike time has been cancelled due its created via sql inject.

My nick there is cryptoman666.

Oh, so it is so simple, come on, I sent you emails, I wrote to shoutbox thousands time, I sent tickets and noone was responded. Did you not respond becuse of SQl? So funny.

You are telling all was fixed, really? So why in the hell I don't have Leocoins neither Btcs I used to bought them. And you just deleted my posts in your theme as well.
megacrypton

Activity: 168

Secured & Trusted Crypto Trade Platform

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 06:22:51 PM

Whats your username?

My nick there is cryptoman666.

Oh, so it is so simple, come on, I sent you emails, I wrote to shoutbox thousands time, I sent tickets and noone was responded. Did you not respond becuse of SQl? So funny.

You are telling all was fixed, really? So why in the hell I don't have Leocoins neither Btcs I used to bought them. And you just deleted my posts in your theme as well.
As we checked, you made one small BTC withdrawal:
TXN ID: 11ec75576501cb301cf1e418f80dc942571e5f4de767fa802814d28d6897b875
And we have updated your rest of BTC balance on your account.Do not teach us what is fun and what is real problem, be polite

MegaCrypton.com: *Trade 200+ Coin Pair(p2p)*Trusted*Secured*Web Wallet
Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:17:24 PM

LOL, same message: "Sorry we do not have enough funds in our hot wallet"

Is this some sort of game?
Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 10:00:52 PM

I want Btc in MY wallet NOT at your exchange where is no way to withdraw them and where you can change balance to zero at any moment like it was already with me.
findscam

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:17:09 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=881707

Do you have head problem? Cryptoevil has warned everyone mega is a scammer, but you still trade there, we CAN'T help noobs. damn, you deserve it.

Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 04:05:59 PM

Do you have head problem? Cryptoevil has warned everyone mega is a scammer, but you still trade there, we CAN'T help noobs. damn, you deserve it.

I wanna to warn other users, if you don't understand it you have head problems indeed.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:03:59 PM

I wanna to warn other users, if you don't understand it you have head problems indeed.

Still not received your BTC then  Undecided Keep us posted OP.

I would advise anyone and everyone from trading at live.megacrypton.com until this has been resolved. Actually, I would advise against trading there altogether. There are a lot more trustworthy exchanges out there to choose from.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2016, 05:05:15 PM

I would advise anyone and everyone from trading at live.megacrypton.com until this has been resolved. Actually, I would advise against trading there altogether. There are a lot more trustworthy exchanges out there to choose from.
To add on to that point, you should also probably stay away from LEOcoin.  It's an obvious scam coin.
Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:27:35 PM

I sure will, thank you so much for your support
Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:41:40 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 05:59:51 PM by Crypto8man

Still not received your BTC then  Undecided Keep us posted OP.

To add on to that point, you should also probably stay away from LEOcoin.  It's an obvious scam coin.

Can you explain please why is it scam coin? I was interested, cause looks like it has interesting Pos. I just have some altcoins besides of main - Bitcoin
fameDev

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

FameCoin, Viral Photo sharing on Blockchain

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 01:28:14 AM

Any recommendations on exchanges apart from poloniex and Bittrex?

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2016, 03:27:36 AM

Still not received your BTC then  Undecided Keep us posted OP.

Read
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1484410.0
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-alternative-leocoin-pyramid/

Plus the founder, Gavin Anderrson, also was advertising a "get quick rich" scheme of binary options/trading, which was really annoying.  Just overall a bad coin, I'd stay away.

Can you explain please why is it scam coin? I was interested, cause looks like it has interesting Pos. I just have some altcoins besides of main - Bitcoin
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 08:48:36 AM

If you wade thru the ocean of red ink (fully justified) on megacrypton's trust the only positives you find are from

Unixcoin: dead shitcoin

asianrupee: dead shitcoin

zlotycoin: dead shitcoin

mpaycoin: dead shitcoin

megacryptonstatus: sock puppet

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 02:08:14 PM

Is there a certain time he needs to return Btcs back? So if he not you can ban him out ouf this forum.
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 06:59:31 PM

Is there a certain time he needs to return Btcs back? So if he not you can ban him out ouf this forum.

Scammers are not banned from the forum. They are tagged as scammers and that is it.

People need to use the trust rating system to work out who is reliable to trade with, and who isn't. In other words, do your due diligence on those you want to trade with.

In the case of megacrypton, their rep (or whoever he is) has been tagged. There is nothing further we can do.

Crypto8man (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 07:15:03 PM

Scammers are not banned from the forum. They are tagged as scammers and that is it.

People need to use the trust rating system to work out who is reliable to trade with, and who isn't. In other words, do your due diligence on those you want to trade with.

In the case of megacrypton, their rep (or whoever he is) has been tagged. There is nothing further we can do.

Upset, so actually he can continue to promote his scam website here
Zepher
Copper Member

View Profile
December 20, 2016, 07:53:10 PM

Upset, so actually he can continue to promote his scam website here

Unfortunately, yes, he can. Scams are not moderated. It is down to individuals to due their due diligence on a person or company before they trade. Sorry, not the answer you wanted - but it is how it is, I don't make the rules.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: