Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Refunded  (Read 450 times)
jacobmayes94 (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 10:21:46 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 01:51:27 PM by jacobmayes94

Despite the insane evidence, it seems he processed the refund, which I can see as pending from my paypal account. Despite insane evidence including from paypal themselves, it seems he was genuine after all... He initiated the refund from the dispute console. As he had already paid to ship the titans I think I have offered to refund shipping costs if he shows me the invoice, although he said it did not matter I have insisted, hopefully he shows me the invoice so I can reimburse him of those.

Jacob

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bobby88

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 12:36:02 AM

Hi mate ,
Thank you for your warning , truely it makes me wonder how can member with good rating like  chrislandin could do some low life scamming like you accused , i nearly have transaction with sarahiko and your warning make me think twice . How we can check if this member is genuine or not ? i mean that member account is not from buying from somebody ?

Regards
Bobby88
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:21:25 AM

please don't comment about me when you haven't done any trades with me yet because I don't think anyone had any complains after trading with me thus far, been doing it almost a  year now
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:16:26 AM

I'm confused, it is plastered all over the forums not to accept Paypal for bitcoin so why were you accepting the trade in the first place? It's fine to warn people, but you should were probably being a bit greedy in the first place..

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:12:27 AM

It does say in the trust area the account email address was recently changed

I wasn't trading for bitcoin myself, I was buying two miners with PayPal.

Jacob
bobby88

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 08:36:35 AM

LOL , I have to exchange my bitcoin cause i have regular business that use Paypal as my payments, no offense to you sarachiko , but realy i should change my point of view with account reputation status on this forum,  i do not know what people intention here to buy hero account or even legendary . If its only to gain trust on trade , well? .... somebody here know that it is not your original account and that move will raise suspicious with member who you try to trade no ?
Factmine

Activity: 310

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:05:47 AM

Hey OP, I would recommend you to use the proper format used in this section. It is on the stickies so that people can investigate faster and help you out. Here's the link to it https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0.

I am sorry for your loss. I think you should have used an escrow with this deal as to protect yourself. This is a really big deal and you should have exercised precaution, especially dealing with non-trusted members of the forum. I hope you get your money back. Usually Paypal does give refunds especially when there was indeed no item that reach the buyer.
jacobmayes94 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 09:19:23 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 01:52:11 PM by jacobmayes94

I think people misinterpret my post. I did not buy bitcoin via paypal nor sell it, I am very cautious where these things are concerned and I always use escrow if I buy or sell anything large BTC related.

I bought two KNC titans via paypal goods payment (so I was covered), and a call from paypal told me the transaction was suspicious, the posts I read after and warnings from members, plus the fact the account email address was recently changed lead me to conclude a potential problem.

<<<A small update, he has issued a refund for the payments which are pending of his own free will after I opened the dispute, if the refund goes through (clears) I will post here. I am still baffled as to why the paypal fraud team picked something up with regards to these two transactions and called me to ask me if 1. they were authorized and 2. there were discrepancies regarding where they went. They asked me who I sent it to and I said 'chris' and they stated and further looking that the paypal name was matthew wright>>

If the refund goes through I will let members know here. All the evidence pointed to it though... including:

1. Call from paypal (first raising the alarm)
2. The thread which I posted above I found after said call
3. The chrislandin email address changed recently found when digging further
4. A couple of negative trusts appearing on his account when I looked closer
5. The 5 day delay in taking pictures of the miner(s) citing depleted camera batteries (originally was not suspicious in and of itself, but smartphones, anyone)?
6. To seal it, stating a large paypal balance ready to buy coin on the day I sent the first payment (not suspicious in and of itself)

If this turns out to be wrong I will feel guilty and will let people know if the refund goes through, but given that I saved for six months for the titans I have to be careful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: