Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:34:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $236 - What BS - Selling OUT today!  (Read 7558 times)
doobadoo (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:53:25 PM

You probably just made the worst financial decision of your life.

Says the guy who registered march 30, 2013.   Hey can you explain to me what a merkle root is and why its in the header?  Or what a sig script is and what purpose it serves in the blockchain.  What is the UTXO?  You know shit about bitcoin other than its going up.

Let me know when you've been here long enough that your nuts have dropped.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:54:36 PM

Its funny reading all the arguments and opinions in this forum because nobody is right and nobody ever will be right.

Well, when I am on my Bitcoin yacht, I will consider that I was right.
Zendata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:57:00 PM

Its funny reading all the arguments and opinions in this forum because nobody is right and nobody ever will be right.

Well, when I am on my Bitcoin yacht, I will consider that I was right.

And I'll call you a damn good guesser.  Cool
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:59:38 PM

You don't understnad

From an individual standpoint, you look at MtGox and you see it as something so big and solid (many people using it) that you think it can't go wrong, you are safe simply because everyone uses MtGox, if MtGox fucks up, they lose their heads. They think

What don't i understand?  I pointed out the danger of something bad happening to gox.  Even if they came under some kind of tax investigation.  Governments are going to want some tax info from gox so they can tax all these btc millionaires.  Of if a rogue employee or hacker empties their wallet.  This can get bad.  But we all know this.  We ALL know how important gox is to btc at this stage.  

I'd rather like to see gox get knocked over (not till i've moved all my $$ out hahah).  I"m willing to wait till btc becomes popular through usage.  Builds a better base, organically, person to person as an underground currency that you buy and sell among friends in the community.   Then it will be really unstoppable.  

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:10:30 PM

Have any millionaires publicly done this?  No, there are thousands of people putting 10s of thousands of $$ in this.  They are all newbies and not long term holders.

Unless I'm reading things wrong, there seemed to be 3 huge buys today on the exchange of ~$500K. If I am right, who do you attribute these to?
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:18:46 PM

Have any millionaires publicly done this?  No, there are thousands of people putting 10s of thousands of $$ in this.  They are all newbies and not long term holders.

Unless I'm reading things wrong, there seemed to be 3 huge buys today on the exchange of ~$500K. If I am right, who do you attribute these to?

I would assume that it's most likely people; while dolphins are very intelligent creatures, I do not believe they have figured out how to buy bitcoin with USD... yet.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:43:11 PM

[
Waiting for the crash....

care to put your new earned cash on the line?
it's still only at 2 billion cap.. which is NOTHING in terms of worldwide wealth..

ok
bonker

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:45:12 PM

These threads never backfire.

^^^^LoL^^^So true

There will be ups and downs, But we'll see OP the other side of $1000

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
doobadoo (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:56:59 PM

Don't believe everything you see on gox feed.  Explain the existence of walls...UFOs etc.   There are no $500K trades going on boy....those are either consolidated orders or you're pulling the number out of your ass.  No ONE trades 500K on gox in one fill....

zoolander

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:14:36 PM

Don't believe everything you see on gox feed.  Explain the existence of walls...UFOs etc.   There are no $500K trades going on boy....those are either consolidated orders or you're pulling the number out of your ass.  No ONE trades 500K on gox in one fill....

No need to be snarky, I am genuinely interested to understand.

Why does the volume shoot through the roof for a very short period of time and suddenly the prices jumps up?

I see one instance at about 11AM GMT, 4PM GMT and the last at 6.30PM GMT. Check Bitcoinity - 12h graph.
Zomdifros

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:21:02 PM

Why are we still having these threads around here? If you're scared of heights, just cover your initial investment and continue with the rest of the coins. Bitcoin has enough potential in it to be valued at $100k a piece.

ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 09:38:50 PM

Wow. If being Bitcoin rich makes you act like a twat like this bloke, I'm cashing out and giving my profits to charity.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:44:56 PM

I will buy all your BTC for $50 a pop right now if your so convinced that's the long term price!

- aka The "DigiMan"
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

No one ever went broke taking profits.

Very few become magnificently wealthy without taking risks.

Bitcoin will someday stabilize as it becomes useful to the masses at large. Until this it is a risk for those whom are wise or foolish enough to speculate now.

Good game. Nice profit.  Good luck.
PrymeTyme

Activity: 183
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:18:58 PM

Relax OP

The market is still Strong , we do have Pauses in the move up
Even Short sell offs , but the market Handles those selloffs quite
Good ,  no Need to worry for now

Its all looking good
PrymeTyme

Activity: 183
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:24:28 PM

I doubt many new people actually give a damn about bitcoin itself at this point, just that it is gaining popularity and thus price rise. They won't even download the wallet client, just keep it in MtGox Smiley

This might be the most accurate statement I have read regarding the big money coming into MtGox from VC's and Day Traders.

If this money keeps coming in and they keep seeing either Bitcoins going up 10% per week they will stay and not sell.  Once it the price stabilizes for a week these guys will start taking their 20% gains and will cause a crash.

If there is a crash it will be outside money, and the OP is correct if it happens it will be very unlikely half of the ones who would lose money returns.  The best type of growth is slow and steady, for the long term Bitcoin.  

But if it keeps going up then its great but at some point those guys (VCs and Day Traders) are going to make a move out, where is that at 250, 500, 1000, 10000k we will find out.

Well if thats the Case , then there is a flaw in BTC , if traders can destroy it
Right?

Time for another currency then ? how about something that cant grow in value ?
Or Even loses value Overtime ?

Would u use such a currency ?
w1R903

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:28:01 PM

People, congrats to all who are still holding... im letting my last block go today.  I think this is SO unhealthy for btc.  When this thing roles over its gonna drop dramatically.  It will burn so many newbies.  They will not want to come back.  

I have to ask: if you're concerned about Bitcoin's health, why didn't you spend your coins on goods and services instead of cashing out into fiat?  Serious question.

4096R/F5EA0017
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:43:27 PM

The cool thing about parabolic break outs is that they go parabolic. Cool
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:49:25 PM

People, congrats to all who are still holding... im letting my last block go today.  I think this is SO unhealthy for btc.  When this thing roles over its gonna drop dramatically.  It will burn so many newbies.  They will not want to come back.  

I have to ask: if you're concerned about Bitcoin's health, why didn't you spend your coins on goods and services instead of cashing out into fiat?  Serious question.

Yeah, that does seem a good question. But I don't think he's being inconsistent. He seems to be saying he believes it's a bubble too.

Assume instead he bought 50,000 pairs of alpaca socks to keep bitcoin commerce healthy. At that point, one could ask him, if you really thought it was a bubble, why not have just exchanged the bitcoins to fiat and exchange back in when you think bitcoins pricing is healthier.

Just a thought.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:54:05 PM

Bitcoin is the crack in the dam holding back an ocean of fiat.

drip...drip...drip...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: