Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SERIOUS ONLY: $0.07pkWh. >8hrs as Game Cafe. DowntimeETH. ROI:6-12mths. Min$12k.  (Read 1058 times)
ks.kaizen (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 06:29:39 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 08:26:39 PM by ks.kaizen

(also posted on https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/11066/serious-only-0-07pkwh-100-downtime-eth-8hrs-as-game-cafe-roi-6-12mths-min-12k-max-75k ...)

###################
Introduction
###################
My name is Kairos, and I'm a Singaporean living in Singapore, and am returning to DaNang Vietnam where I had a staycation for 2 years running a mini bar/restaurant.

I wanted to set up a Gaming Cafe while there, but got lazy and just continued the bar/restaurant as it was, instead of following the original idea of upgrading it into a Gaming Cafe.

Partially, it wasn't just because I was "lazy", I also kinda got cold feet wondering if the investment I'd be making can really realize returns from Gaming alone, in a foreign land, being all alone.

I returned to Singapore where I went back into the workforce, when I discovered Bitcoin and Mining, and ran a 20+ GPU farm mining Scrypt. Mt Gox happened so I liquidated + donated to charities and carried on with my Senior BDM job.

I facepalmed when I realized I could've set up the Gaming Cafe while realizing returns through Mining 100% of the downtime where the PCs are not being rented for Gaming.

I have finally refined my business plan and believe I have a compelling case to make.

I am currently in talks with a 24x GPU setup, so I might as well ask around a second time.

###################
Who am I talking to
###################
If you have a bunch of GPUs that are near, or past their warranties, and find that Mining just simply isn't profitable enough anymore for such a headache (believe me, we all know the anxiety), I invite you to consider partnering up with me to set up the abovementioned project.

I am currently in talks with a 24x GPU project, and don't see why I shouldn't ask if any of you too, are interested.

We'll set up a Singaporean company, and do it by the book, with Equity and Legal all in place, etc, and the Company will own the Danang company which houses and operates the "GaMining" Cafe.

This is also why I'm looking at GPUs which are near, or past warranty, because that's then one less headache to consider. DaNang houses a whole array of computer component factories for Acer, Dell, etc, and there are many street-shops actually doing DEEP-REPAIR of computer components - amazing sight to behold, since they look like (what I call) Dirt-Pits.

################
Why DaNang?
################
- I have an existing and reliable social and support network there

- Cheap labor (USD 400 per month for general/ service workers)

- Cheap real estate (USD 400 per month for a 3-storeyed, 3BR house. I used the first floor to run my mini bar/restaurant. Each floor can house >10 terminals.)

- Computer components deep-repair availability

- DaNangers are rich enough to afford entertainment, esp this Gaming Cafe, but still too poor to make sense of purchasing Gaming PCs, or fiber-optics internet

- Cheap, reliable fiber-optics internet

- Cheap, reliable electricity at USD$ 0.07 pkWh (no outages since 2 years, plus they just upgraded the local power plant)

- No competition. the current Dirt-Pits there house Pentium-era computers capable of playing only ancient games such as DOTA1, Counterstrike. The best part? They're almost always 100% full occupancy. I actually forced myself to try them out at 3 different venues. The current charges for these dirt pits are 1/2 the price of a standard meal. I plan to charge 1/1 a standard meal for the first 6 months "promotion".

- Friendlly to Foreign(er) Business. The DaNang administration council have geared the state for a very business friendly environment, whether local or foreign owned. e.g. I didn't even bother registering my bar/restaurant and there was ZERO problems for that 2 years. However, with this GaMining Cafe with tens of Ks worth of equipment, I definitely will go by the book, and know how to.

- It's a nice city with Forbes Top5 most luxurious beaches in the world, but there's really jack-shit to do in DaNang, whether you're local, tourist or expat. It bored the hell out of me, and everyone, I'm sure. Time to poison all these guys into being hardcore gamers and vibe up the place with tournaments, competitions, leaderboards, and so on. Also, check out https://www.vetv.com .

##############
The Math
##############
SERIOUS ENQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE, I'm busy enough as it is, if you will excuse me.

We're looking at a minimum of USD$ 12k if we're starting off from scratch to acquire assets for a 24x terminals set up.
USD$ 75k for a 100x terminals set up.

24x Setup
----------
Cost Per PC   
Component   Newegg   Qty   Total
XFX Radeon RX 480   $239.99   24   $5,759.76
Routers   $49.99   4   $199.96
MSI H110I Pro   $97.98   24   $2,351.52
incl. 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2133   $0.00   24   $0.00
Intel Core i3-6100   $119.99   24   $2,879.76
2x Western Digital WD3200AAJS 320GB   $43.98   24   $1,055.52
Antec VP-450W   $45.84   24   $1,100.16
Cases   $50.00   24   $1,200.00
Keyboards   $10.00   24   $240.00
Mice   $10.00   24   $240.00
Headsets   $20.00   24   $480.00
Desks   $50.00   27   $1,350.00
Chairs   $50.00   27   $1,350.00
Total   $787.77   x   $18,206.68

100x Setup
----------
Cost Per PC   
Component   Newegg   Qty   Total
XFX Radeon RX 480   $239.99   100   $23,999.00
Routers   $49.99   16   $799.84
MSI H110I Pro   $97.98   100   $9,798.00
incl. 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2133   $0.00   100   $0.00
Intel Core i3-6100   $119.99   100   $11,999.00
2x Western Digital WD3200AAJS 320GB   $43.98   100   $4,398.00
Antec VP-450W   $45.84   100   $4,584.00
Cases   $50.00   100   $5,000.00
Keyboards   $10.00   100   $1,000.00
Mice   $10.00   100   $1,000.00
Headsets   $20.00   100   $2,000.00
Desks   $50.00   100   $5,000.00
Chairs   $50.00   100   $5,000.00
Total   $787.77   x   $74,577.84

If you already have the GPUs, obviously it'll be less.

#############
For a 24x setup, at the price of a standard meal, per hour, and AT ONLY 3 HOURS OF GAMING PER DAY PER PC, 100% downtime mining of ETH at USD$ 9.00, the expected ROI is about 7-8 months. Better, if GPUs are already in hand. Better, if each terminal experiences more than 3 hours of gameplay per day.
#############

I am NOT willing to entertain anything above 100x, because I have a feeling that 100x would be approaching the tipping point of being too risky to ascertain commercial viability/ feasibilty. However, I have zero precedence nor math to back this up.

Meaning, that once I have enough confirmed investments, I will no longer be accepting interested offers.

I will go in tranches of 100x per 6 months, until we reach saturation point, where there will be almost too many Gaming PCs for the given market. (I have a feeling that 300x is the saturation point? /shrugs? no math or precedence to back this up.)

If talks with my first interested party of 24x follows through, in this 6 months, I will be looking for a max additional of (100 - 24= ) 76x terminals.

Current Open slots:
2017 Jan - Jun: (24x pending) + 76x
2017 Jul - Dec: 100x
2018 Jan - Jun: 100x

##############
Cafe Terms
##############
- I will be age-regulating the business - I will not allow under-16s to patronize the business. I won't be able to forgive myself if I get poor kids addicted to video games. (Optionally, I may give them 1-hour free slots for them to use and learn graphics and video processing, educationals, etc).

- Thus, target demographics will be 16 - 40 year olds, and expats, foreigners and tourists.

- Users are expected to wear cotton gloves at all times, to keep the equipment pristine.

- Cafe will be air-conditioned for comfort. We will also be vending energy drinks and snacks.

- Starting promotion price charges of 1x standard meal per hour for the first 3 - 6 months, depending on patronage. Will increase after the honeymoon stage. (For comparison, here in Singapore, the prices per hour is about 2.5x standard meal.)

##############
Interested?
##############
The only thing left to do is tell me what you already have, I will recombobulate splines to reflect the new parameters, and you make me an offer of equity for running the show for you in full.

Best equity offers will gain priority.

Thank you, and best of luck!

-----------
Most Sincerely, Kairos.
add me: https://linkedin.com/in/ (nospam) kskaizen
add me: https://facebook.com/ (nospam) ks.kaizen
email me: ks.kaizen (nospam) @gmail.com

-------------
most recent electricity bill:
https://us.v-cdn.net/5021640/uploads/editor/bp/nol2drtxrb00.jpg
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:49:53 PM

Interesting Idea but wrong forum for this sales pitch IMO.
ks.kaizen (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 03:55:07 AM

Interesting Idea but wrong forum for this sales pitch IMO.

thanks for the encouragement mate, appreciated.

the reason why i posted here, is to see if there were folks out there with a whole bunch of GPUs which have become too expensive to runm due to either increasing electricity prices, or eth being too low prices.

i've heard and seen quite many liquidating their GPUs at horrible prices, and im here to offer an alternative!
ks.kaizen (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 09:10:14 AM

there has been several well-meaning people that have messaged me that the idea looks feasible, and that I'll be better off with a bank loan and going at it myself - cheers!

the reason why i posted here, is to see if there were folks out there with a whole bunch of GPUs which have become too expensive to runm due to either increasing electricity prices, or eth being too low prices.

i've heard and seen quite many liquidating their GPUs at horrible prices, and im here to offer an alternative!

additionally, the banks here in singapore do not operate as they do elsewhere - you'd need to have ran a profitable operation for at least 2 years, plus the assets are highly scrutinized. gaming PCs? doubt it'd qualify as "collaterable assets" in their eyes. finally, there's no way that they will fund me for "assets" which will operate ex-singapore.

it's extremely stifling to be an entrepreneur here in singapore, and the ministers keep wondering why our entrepreneurs aren't "up to par". the financial ecosystem for the non-elites here is a joke, just as the majority of our ministers are.

the economy here has been in recession for almost a year, and our ministers have the cheek to deny, and call it "some quarters of negative growth".

recession
rɪˈsɛʃ(ə)n/
noun
1. a period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in <u>two successive quarters</u>.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 09:43:43 AM

There is nothing wrong with your idea. I think its a wonderful idea and when GPU mining goes slightly more unprofitable I would rather send you the GPUs rather than sell them on eBay. The problem here is trust.

We have no idea knowing if this is some scam attempt. You have no feedback and have a new account on Bitcointalk.

We have ABSOLUTELY no protection for our GPUs. We can send you the GPUs and you might stop replying.

There are actually members here who are "LEGENDARY" and have great feedback where people dealt with without escrow because they trust the individual. With you however that trust isn't there.

That's why I asked for some type of collateral in the other thread. Or if you have some BTC in hand you might be able to put those in escrow while people send you the GPUs over. However I also understand that it doesn't make sense since if you have BTC you wouldn't need the loan.

That's why your best bet is just to either save up the money yourself or get a loan at a bank because it seems very risky sending GPUs to you.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ks.kaizen (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 10:59:20 AM

Thank you for the feedback adaseb!
Exactly, I'm planning so that all funds are sent only through ESCROW, and only released upon purchase of assets, with receipts.
If I had to purchase component by component, as the escrow keeps releasing.........

Here, I replied to one interested guy like this, does it make sense?

we're setting up a SINGAPORE company, but the gaming cafe itself will be run in DANANG (VIETNAM).

i.e.

DANANG-COMPANY isOwnedBy SINGAPORE-COMPANY isOwnedBy YOU-AND-ME.
The reason for this is because Singapore Law is very strong, very fast, very scary and very efficient. This will ensure that neither you or me would do anything stupid or malicious, or make ridiculous claims or demands.
In comparison Vietnam's judiciary is very, very, very, very, very slow.

Im neutral between 470s and 480s, but I think you may be right that 470s are better. Less risk, cooler, and cheaper.

The Aircon will be turned on for 24 hours a day to 24C, and will be factored into our costs and expenses, thus affecting our final pre-tax profits.

If you are interested, here's what we can do, and I'll be as clear as possible:

---

Steps:
1) Sign an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) with me

2) I send you the Business Plan for your perusal and review.

3) Decide on Equity - How much of the company % are you willing to offer me?

4) Decide on Specifications - How many PCs, and what components, etc.

5) Sign Legally-Binding Agreements under Singapore Law, and incorporate a Singapore private limited
company with YOU and ME as shareholders.

6) Open up a JOINT Bank, or Paypal account.

7) YOU fund the account according to what is needed for the furnishing of the Gaming Cafe. Do you know ESCROW? We can use ESCROW for your full security and peace of mind i.e. I can't spend anything of the money unless for identified purposes, such as transferring it into the bank, or paying the merchant for the computers, etc.

7a) Better yet, if the Paypal account only allows spending when BOTH parties press "confirm", or something along those lines. Can be in real-time communications, via Skype, for example.

8.) I travel to DaNang, Vietnam.

9) I register a DaNang company, with THE SINGAPORE COMPANY as the 100% shareholder, i.e. it is fully owned by our jointly-owned Singaporean company.

10) I use our JOINT Bank or Paypal account to pay for all the computers and furniture, etc.

11) I share with you the receipts, plus pictures and videos, etc, in real time, via Skype for example.

12) I set up the PCs and immediately begin mining for ZCash, Ethereum, Monero, etc.

13) I set up and decorate the whole Gaming Cafe.

14) I program the PCs to pause mining whenever a game exe is loaded, and to resume mining when it is unloaded and under low-GPU loads.

15) I employ a full-time Manager there to administrate and protect the Cafe and its assets.

16) I employ a full-time Marketing Manager to promote the Cafe.

17) Customers and profits begin stacking up.

18) I develop HYDRRA, implement it, and stress-test it.

19) We can then possibly franchise HYDRRA out, though I'm not too sure how fast I can even develop it.

20) We decide on how to redistribute the monthly net-profits, based on shareholdership percentages.

---

Questions:
- Do you already have GPUs, or are we planning on buying brand new ones?
- Do you prefer for me to try look for cheaper, used ones?
- Are you looking at 24x, or more?
- What's your name? Where are you from?

Feel free to write back as much as you need, I am a good reader.

Cheers, and let's see if we can work this out soon!

Any suggestions would be welcome!
ks.kaizen (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2016, 10:46:35 AM

bumping this but only because i still believe in the biz idea, but since its too close to the new year, i have to make a temporary move and thus will be unable to make a move to vietnam only until 3 months' time or so - March onwards.

otherwise, shoot away!
ks.kaizen (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 09:30:36 AM

sorry been away-ish, it was, and still is, a humongously busy time for me.

im already running a separate Ethereum Dapp business as my main business, which has led me to think its even better if i moved to DaNang, Vietnam, due to a few factors like i listed in the original post.

in case you missed it, here's me: https://linkedin.com/in/kskaizen

fucking crazy, eh? BTC just went past 1k, and eth is back at 10. market bulls are back in force..

i've secured yet another committed staff member in danang for marketing purposes (for free, he just wants revenue sharing), so i have 4 in total now.

to keep it simple, i recommend that the PCs will always be 100% your legal property, and that I am just administrating their operations, and I gain from revenue sharing. 50% of revenue, to be exact. 50+ GPUs, i'd say minimum engagement period should be 12 months, before youre allowed to demand your equipment back (logistics at your cost). needless to say, if things are going great, if you wanted to pull out, i'd just offer to simply buy them from you to keep things going as it were.

to make it a forward looking thing, as i'd described, we'd be incorporating a singaporean private limited, but i DO expect you to put in a hand into turning this project (we call it Project Hydrra) into a franchisable, regionally expandable company, incorporating not only mining, but cloud gaming as well, at a later stage, through Nvidia Grid and Radeon Sky. Also, look up the GOLEM network. These kinds of things.

talk to me soon.

my first investor and me are trying to figure out the final hurdles, so i expect to land in DaNang only in 2 or 3 months time.

Merry Everything, and a Happy Always.
May peace be upon us all <3.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: